ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Thumpers
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 12-08-2011, 11:08 AM   #46
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer
 
Pete-NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
Yep the OTR tank is about 1000 euros .

Pete you can do a google live translate or just email Giovana at gillimoto@gillimoto.com.br

The tank comes in blue as well.

Cheres.

Shane
will do..Thanks..

that OTR tank is like $2000nz... I don;t need a tank that bad..
Pete-NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:15 PM   #47
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out
 
supamanaint's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: The Hunter NSW / Darling Downs Qld
Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-NZ View Post
will do..Thanks..

that OTR tank is like $2000nz... I don;t need a tank that bad..

Pete the Gilli-Moto tank with locking cap was about $500 Aussie dollars to my front door, so that would be about oh $1700 kiwi dollors.

They are a sturdy tank and Gilli-Moto are great to deal with, send my regards to Giovana.

Hope you are enjoying your XTR, my bike with all that stuff on was cheaper to build than a bone stock XTZ.

If you are after a nice Ohlins shock give Hard Racing in the U.S. a go, they were the best price I could find and the set up was spot on.

Cheers.

Shane
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:38 PM   #48
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer
 
Pete-NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
Pete the Gilli-Moto tank with locking cap was about $500 Aussie dollars to my front door, so that would be about oh $1700 kiwi dollors.

They are a sturdy tank and Gilli-Moto are great to deal with, send my regards to Giovana.

Hope you are enjoying your XTR, my bike with all that stuff on was cheaper to build than a bone stock XTZ.

If you are after a nice Ohlins shock give Hard Racing in the U.S. a go, they were the best price I could find and the set up was spot on.

Cheers.

Shane
It seems like a ok bike...
LOL..just got a call from Fed X... my Metal Mule high 2 into 1 system arrived..
Customs wants another $160 GST....
Pete-NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 05:20 PM   #49
Manneman
Polarbear
 
Manneman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: SCANIA
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-NZ View Post
It seems like a ok bike...
LOL..just got a call from Fed X... my Metal Mule high 2 into 1 system arrived..
Customs wants another $160 GST....
I have the same problem with customs wanting money here for parts ordered outside the EU...

Funny is, everything you buy you add 25% to and itīs still cheaper than inside the European union!

I WANīT that tank but I ainīt paying no sick money to OTR so thanks for the update on Gilli-Moto!

BUT if you wanīt the steadiest, toughest sidecarrier you should pick the one from OTR, worth every penny and steady as a rock. Here I have mounted a 55 liter DeWalt DS 400 toolbox to have plenty of room for wintherclothing. (Both sides but only one in picture)
Manneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:24 PM   #50
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer
 
Pete-NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 701
Hi..
With these Gillimoto tanks is the pump able
to pick the fuel up from down in the 2 side wings ?

I have E-mailed gillimoto for a prise & shiping cost...
LOL..O dam... I also noticed they make 14lt tanks for
Honda XR250 Tornado...

Pete

Pete-NZ screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 12:37 PM
Pete-NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:05 PM   #51
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out
 
supamanaint's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: The Hunter NSW / Darling Downs Qld
Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-NZ View Post
Hi..
With these Gillimoto tanks is the pump able
to pick the fuel up from down in the 2 side wings ?

I have E-mailed gillimoto for a prise & shiping cost...
LOL..O dam... I also noticed they make 14lt tanks for
Honda XR250 Tornado...

Pete

The fuel pump sits a fair bit lower than in the stock tank but i`m sure that you miss out on getting all the fuel in the tank.

The wing sections don't carry much fuel anyway, maybe 1.5 ish at a guess.

So far I seem to get 320km at worst to 350km before the fuel light comes on.

supamanaint screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 04:23 PM
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:32 PM   #52
Manneman
Polarbear
 
Manneman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: SCANIA
Oddometer: 128
Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
The fuel pump sits a fair bit lower than in the stock tank but i`m sure that you miss out on getting all the fuel in the tank.

The wing sections don't carry much fuel anyway, maybe 1.5 ish at a guess.

So far I seem to get 320km at worst to 350km before the fuel light comes on.
Most reasonability is that mine has taken 3.7 at the lowest and 5.1 Liters per 100kilometer so with that in mind I would get atleast 400 Kīs on that tank?

thatīs awesome!
Manneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 04:51 PM   #53
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out
 
supamanaint's Avatar
 
Joined: Nov 2008
Location: The Hunter NSW / Darling Downs Qld
Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manneman View Post
Most reasonability is that mine has taken 3.7 at the lowest and 5.1 Liters per 100kilometer so with that in mind I would get atleast 400 Kīs on that tank?

thatīs awesome!

Yep it's a good range, I usually ride 60km with the fuel light on so 400km is no problem.

My worst fuel consumption is 20km a ltr and best is 25km a ltr, average is 23km a ltr at 110-115kmh .
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 07:01 PM   #54
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer
 
Pete-NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
Yep it's a good range, I usually ride 60km with the fuel light on so 400km is no problem.

My worst fuel consumption is 20km a ltr and best is 25km a ltr, average is 23km a ltr at 110-115kmh .
23km per letre is my avarage..
350km on the standard tank / 250 before fuel light comes on..

Pete-NZ screwed with this post 12-10-2011 at 08:03 PM
Pete-NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2011, 08:04 AM   #55
Manneman
Polarbear
 
Manneman's Avatar
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: SCANIA
Oddometer: 128
Got myself a fully winterequipped X now with tyres thatīll beat the living crap out of snowy roads!
Next is a Metal Mule 2-1 and a bashplate designed for extreme cold!


__________________
Ängelholm, Scania!
Manneman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:20 AM   #56
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer
 
Pete-NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 701
Quote:
Originally Posted by Manneman View Post
Got myself a fully winterequipped X now with tyres thatīll beat the living crap out of snowy roads!
Next is a Metal Mule 2-1 and a bashplate designed for extreme cold!


I have just fitted a MM pipe to mine...
very well made.. no prob with the fitting..
have a 660 Tenere bash plate on the way
should fit now the pipes are out of the way..
Or at least close enough to mod to fit...
Attached Images
 
Pete-NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 02:25 AM   #57
Pete-NZ
Studly Adventurer
 
Pete-NZ's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2011
Oddometer: 701
this is the bash plate...

PS..why can I only attach one pic per post ?
Attached Images
 
Pete-NZ is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:31 AM   #58
woopwoop
will think for food
 
woopwoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Gympie-ympie-ympie-ie-ie-e
Oddometer: 5,213
Hi,.......new to the fold, just picked this up the other day. I've only done about 200 ks.




As part of the deal I managed to convert theYamaha current "dollar per cc" deal into genuine accessories namely sump guard, hand guards and carry rack. Given a choice I would have gone with different brands of all the items but couldn't knock it back. And, for gravel road work I'm hoping that Yamaha sump guard should be sufficient.

First priority is crash bars. Checking out the options. Supamanaint has been helpful over on another forum. Thanks mate

Anyone know anything about the Touratech crash bars? I've looked on various sites but can't find a decent picture and Touratech Aust aren't real forthcoming so far. But from the sparse info I can find, they seem about the only ones that might offer protection for the tank and shrouds.
woopwoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 04:39 AM   #59
woopwoop
will think for food
 
woopwoop's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2008
Location: Gympie-ympie-ympie-ie-ie-e
Oddometer: 5,213
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pete-NZ View Post
PS..why can I only attach one pic per post ?
To post multiple pics you need to host your photos somewhere like photobucket or Smugmug. There's a thread over here that explains it..... http://advrider.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=8
woopwoop is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2011, 10:32 AM   #60
ruttingstag
n00b
 
ruttingstag's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2007
Location: Scotland
Oddometer: 6
[QUOTE=Pete-NZ;17505036]this is the bash plate...

Is that tenere bash plate a straight fit with the metal mule 2into1 fitted?

Looks good on the tens never seen one on a r or x but always wondered if it would fit.

I think the 2into1 exhaust will be next on my mod list, just fitted some renthal enduro high bars .
ruttingstag is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 12:27 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014