ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-08-2013, 11:06 PM   #151
BryanCO
CO Rider

Oddometer: 453
My nine yr old son on his KTM 85 SX. Going riding tomorrow.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 11-09-2013, 07:43 AM   #152
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 5,032
Quote:
Originally Posted by BryanCO View Post
My nine yr old son on his KTM 85 SX. Going riding tomorrow.

GReat PIc!!
I'm feeling fairly emotional today so bear with me. We lost our first born son eight hours after birth almost 9 years ago. Although the pain isn't nearly what it was, I sort of anticipate those old feelings intensifying as my two girls get older and discover all the girly things that interest little girls. They are amazing little girls no doubt and my wife and I are blessed to have such characters in the house keeping us in line but every once in a while I really wish that little guy would have made it. What would we be doing today? Pretending to work on the bike? Washing his little bike? Teaching him how to ride wheelies? Climbing some rock face that I can't get up after watching him hike it with out a second thought? He'd probably still be in that phase where he thinks girls are gross so we could have a lot of fun with that and his little sisters. Its hard not to think about what could of been ya know?

Enjoy that ride today Bryan, cherish it like its your last chance!
Old 11-09-2013, 08:43 AM   #153
BuilderScott OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964

Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
GReat PIc!!
I'm feeling fairly emotional today so bear with me. We lost our first born son eight hours after birth almost 9 years ago. Although the pain isn't nearly what it was, I sort of anticipate those old feelings intensifying as my two girls get older and discover all the girly things that interest little girls. They are amazing little girls no doubt and my wife and I are blessed to have such characters in the house keeping us in line but every once in a while I really wish that little guy would have made it. What would we be doing today? Pretending to work on the bike? Washing his little bike? Teaching him how to ride wheelies? Climbing some rock face that I can't get up after watching him hike it with out a second thought? He'd probably still be in that phase where he thinks girls are gross so we could have a lot of fun with that and his little sisters. Its hard not to think about what could of been ya know?

BuilderScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:55 PM   #154
BryanCO
CO Rider

Quote:
GReat PIc!!

Sometimes we loose sight of how blessed we are - thanks for the reminder.
BryanCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2013, 11:58 PM   #155
BryanCO
CO Rider

Great day of riding the 717 trail system.

Old 11-13-2013, 07:44 PM   #156
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,513
Enjoy them, man they grow up quick

Age 2

Age 17
Took the senior pics the other day.

I am going to miss this when he is off to college..
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 05:59 PM   #157
BuilderScott OP
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 964
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwcolorider View Post
Enjoy them, man they grow up quick
[/IMG]
Way cool Norm!

Henry got a new bike. Still no motor - won't be long...

BuilderScott is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2013, 06:38 PM   #158
nwcolorider
NWCOLO

Oddometer: 2,513
AWESOME. Will not be long now, till the motor!
nwcolorider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 12:04 PM   #159
grizCP
DROC

Oddometer: 330
Hi all, I am beginning the search for an Oset 12.5 for my 3 year old. They seem to be difficult to find... anybody here looking to sell one, seen one for sale recently, or know of somebody who is?...
Old 11-18-2013, 04:23 PM   #160
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,104
Quote:
GReat PIc!!

Now I'm sad. And I can't ride for at least another month (knife fight with a surgeon, I lost)

Tom, that has to be tough. I'll probably never know how tough. I started with two girls. About the time we decided we were done, a boy came along. I was thrilled when we got the ultrasound report. I missed a few of the best years riding with my son during the divorce, but try to get out with him out anytime he is home on leave.

If it's any consolation, 1 of my girls still rides, but not much dirt. In their early teens, all the kids seem to lose interest in riding, but then picked it up again in their late teens.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2013, 06:56 AM   #161
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Now I'm sad. And I can't ride for at least another month (knife fight with a surgeon, I lost)

Tom, that has to be tough. I'll probably never know how tough. I started with two girls. About the time we decided we were done, a boy came along. I was thrilled when we got the ultrasound report. I missed a few of the best years riding with my son during the divorce, but try to get out with him out anytime he is home on leave.

If it's any consolation, 1 of my girls still rides, but not much dirt. In their early teens, all the kids seem to lose interest in riding, but then picked it up again in their late teens.

Thanks Jeff. I think Aven is the artist and Abz is going to be the jock. Aven just told she didn't want to do ski classes this winter but instead wants to do SKART, a cool program where they ice skate for an hour then go inside and do artwork. As quirky as telluride is its got some great stuff for the kidz. Abigail is already asking to get on Aven's Oset so we will keep it (the OSET) around another couple years and see what shakes out.
The day I wrote that sappy post was extra rough because we were on our way to a memorial for a friend who lost her battle with the big C, leaving a husband and two young children behind. The night she passed we got a call to come get the younger girl so mom could be at peace for her last few hours, although we didn't know it at the time. As we sat at the dinner table across from this sweet young girl the wind really picked up out of nowhere, it was just a really nasty night all of the sudden and we knew it was some higher force coming to take our friend and this sweet little girls mom away.

fuck cancer...
Old 11-19-2013, 09:12 AM   #162
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,379
That is good you were able to help the family. You know I understand the raw emotions all too well. It is why I feel I hold my boys so close, maybe am too lenient at times, etc, because i cherish their very being so much. Having held a little one until the breathing stops and all the opportunities are lost has made me more guarded and jaded than i thought possible, but also makes me appreciate a tremendous amount of life.
Riding has become such a good distraction when my brain starts working too much and i need to calm the demons.
And definitely fuck cancer, it has destroyed way too many families. I lost my first dad on my seventh birthday to it, and with it a lot of my youth and innocence went as well...
Old 11-19-2013, 03:41 PM   #163
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Quote:
Originally Posted by MountainsandRivers View Post
That is good you were able to help the family. You know I understand the raw emotions all too well. It is why I feel I hold my boys so close, maybe am too lenient at times, etc, because i cherish their very being so much. Having held a little one until the breathing stops and all the opportunities are lost has made me more guarded and jaded than i thought possible, but also makes me appreciate a tremendous amount of life.
Riding has become such a good distraction when my brain starts working too much and i need to calm the demons.
And definitely fuck cancer, it has destroyed way too many families. I lost my first dad on my seventh birthday to it, and with it a lot of my youth and innocence went as well...

You are a great dad Trevor, there is no denying that. You inspire me to be a better dad every time I hear about one of the adventures with your boys. Keeping it real!! Thats all we can do.
Old 11-20-2013, 02:09 PM   #164
RedRockRider
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,374
Great thread!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleDubs View Post
I just picked up a nice clean 2008 KLX110 for my 11 yr old. Her first dirt bike. She is STOKED. We ordered some My Little Pony decals for it!

IMG_5916
Super cute . . . ElleDubs, Jr. !!!! Looks like a big smile behind that helmet!

RedRockRider - WR250R, TW200, Versys, Vulcan 900 LT, Zuma 125

Southwest Utah: Dual Sport Riding from St. George
http://advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=725976
RedRockRider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2013, 03:10 PM   #165
docwyte
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,033
Just ordered one of those little electric moto cross bikes for my little girl. Thought is I'll get her a gasser 50cc when she's ready, then start passing the bikes down to my son when he gets old enough...