ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-03-2012, 07:44 AM   #106
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
FYI, if anyone has kid gear that needs a home, I'm happy to act as a collection site for Larimer county NYPUM.
Still collecting gear? LittleTex just keep going up and up, so I've got a good set of Thor boots, pants, gloves, and a couple of jerseys that need a new home. Youth medium mostly.

In Longmont, happy to deliver wherever.

bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 08:38 AM   #107
PrairieRider
Gearing down for Hell

Oddometer: 3,876
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigtex View Post
Still collecting gear? LittleTex just keep going up and up, so I've got a good set of Thor boots, pants, gloves, and a couple of jerseys that need a new home. Youth medium mostly.

In Longmont, happy to deliver wherever.
We sure are! I go through Longmont once or twice a week and could easily swing by. Sending you a pm.
1994 Beta Techno 250

Striving to do better.
PrairieRider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2012, 01:50 PM   #108
Greco
Momma's boys

Oddometer: 939
I know this thread is usually for the younger adv kids, but my 17yr old son did something on Saturday that I just gotta share. At the beginning of the summer, he was just learning and could barely navigate trails and barely keep me in sight. He followed me to the races all year and started entering the hare scrambles with me in June. The first few races, I had to wait for the sweep crews to bring him in from whatever predicament he had gotten himself into. He was usually upside down somewhere. He started finishing races towards the end of the year.

He rode my WR450F until late this fall. Then, I let him take my YZ450F for a ride. His eyes lit up and I never got it back. He started hanging out with his MX buddies and hitting Aztec MX track for practice every weekend. The 1st round of the Winter Combat Series he got 8th in the open beginner class. I was pretty proud of him, but in the back of my head, I thought I could still wax the boy.

I picked up a new 450SXF a couple of weeks ago and Satruday I went out to Aztec with him and his buddies. I'm no MX'er by any means, but I've always been able dust the boy. After an hour or so of riding and getting used to my new bike, he and his buddies pulled me over and we lined up for a 3 lap "race".

I got the "holeshot" since they are all on 250F's, but within a lap, most of them had passed me, tripling and doubling along. On the 2nd lap, on the back straight, they have an uphill tabletop that I just have no desire to try and clear. I do my best "Bubba Scrub", get back on the gas, and jump off the back side. As I'm "scrubbing" I hear a bike over my head to my right. There were a bunch of bikes on the track so it didn't surprise me that I was getting passed. I looked over to see who it was....my son was jumping over my head!

Little bastard passed me and left me! I held it open as long as I dared, but I never caught him. Everytime we hit one of those double jumps, I backed off and he just pinned it. I guess all that practicing with his buddies is paying off! Even though I was pissed that he passed me, I was just as proud to see him taking off and flying on his own.

The worst part? For his birthday in October I bought him a GoPro. Of course he had it rolling when he passed me. He's looking down and giggling at me. The look on my face when I realized it was him....priceless! Stupid GoPro....and no I am NOT going to post the video here!
Old 12-10-2012, 02:03 PM   #109
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,880
Thats awesome!!

But I'm afraid...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greco View Post
...and no I am NOT going to post the video here!
you pretty much have to.
Old 12-10-2012, 03:07 PM   #110
Greco
Momma's boys

I'll see if he you toobed it yet. He's probably still laughing at me with his buddies..... I can't wait to get him back in the woods. Revenge is mine!!
Old 12-31-2012, 10:56 AM   #111
bigtex
Rocky Mountain High

Oddometer: 621
24 deg outside, perfect riding weather (if you are 12). He got to make fresh tracks at IMI, and probably did twenty laps around the short oval track. Happy kiddo.

bigtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2012, 01:49 PM   #112
enduro-ince
dirtslave

Oddometer: 4,880
I don't have a pic but I have to say, there is nothing better than coming home from work and seeing your 5 year old girl come flying around the corner, washing out the front end, (socks on a tile floor), landing on her tush, jumping back up like nothing happened, and running into your arms. The excitement in her eyes is genuine. She really does love me!!!

Happy New Year folks!!!
Old 01-02-2013, 03:37 PM   #113
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,834
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post
I don't have a pic but I have to say, there is nothing better than coming home from work and seeing your 5 year old girl come flying around the corner, washing out the front end, (socks on a tile floor), landing on her tush, jumping back up like nothing happened, and running into your arms. The excitement in her eyes is genuine. She really does love me!!!

Happy New Year folks!!!

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 10:54 AM   #114
ColoradoV-Strom
HEY Y'ALL WATCHIS!!

Oddometer: 495
Great story Greco! You should be proud!
ColoradoV-Strom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 11:29 AM   #115
Greco
Momma's boys

Quote:
Originally Posted by ColoradoV-Strom View Post
Great story Greco! You should be proud!
Thanks. I am very proud.

The last round of the Winter Combat Series was cold as all hell. He was on the start line with his GoPro running. I didn't know it was on. I was giving him the whole, "be careful, stay upright" speech and he noticed I was shivering. He says, "you ok?" and me, not knowing the camera was on replied "yeah, but I really gotta pee!"

He did put that one on Youtube. His friends have been texting me "I gotta pee!" ever since. Sheesh!! The things we do for our kids.....
Old 01-03-2013, 04:29 PM   #116
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 8,514
Quote:
Originally Posted by enduro-ince View Post

Happy New Year folks!!!
Very touching.

Prepare yourself for the possibility of things being different 10 years from now. Various studies have shown that the intelligence of parents reaches a minimum when the kids are 15YO.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 05:58 PM   #117
MountainsandRivers
loves dirty things!

Oddometer: 2,159
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellSickle View Post
Very touching.

Prepare yourself for the possibility of things being different 10 years from now. Various studies have shown that the intelligence of parents reaches a minimum when the kids are 15YO.
Yeah, not only will mr enduro ince be considered stupid by his kids, but he is going to have to put on mean guy face so he can scare away the boys who start to come around then...might cut into his ride time!
Old 01-03-2013, 06:18 PM   #118
toddler
Unpronouncible

Oddometer: 2,678
oh please!

When kids turn 15 they want to be just like enduro-ince.

The 15 year old neighbor kid call's enduro-ince to let him know he will be late getting home.

Dog's are to masters as 15 year olds are to enduro-ince.

When playing the latest video game the most common online chat is: What would Enduro--ince do in this situation.
toddler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2013, 07:01 PM   #119
Pablo83
Sleep, Wrench, Ride

Oddometer: 4,751
Ice Races

I'm taking my boy to the ice races this Sunday. They're fun to watch and/or race. The Pee Wee class is the biggest of all the classes so there is a lot of kid involvement.

More info here:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=851990
Pablo83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2013, 08:44 PM   #120
Greco
Momma's boys

Greco boy is down Crashed and broke his arm above the wrist during the Winter Combat Series today at Aztec. Emergicare put him in a splint. Seeing the ortho Dr on Monday.

Broke my heart to see him in pain. Innocent crash, lost the front end after a right hand turn. Put his hand down to catch himself and the handlebar hit him in the forearm. Tuff little turd got up, picked up the bike and tried to get it fired. Pain stopped him in his tracks.