Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-03-2012, 07:30 AM   #136
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Apple Jam View Post
Hooked it up in the Garage, looks super sweet so far.
Then, I felt guilty for playing with MY toys,
and installed the LED blinkers, low amp flasher relay, and indicator diode set-up on wifey's DR200SE
Tomorrow's the day for trial and pics. Wifey has to work all day.
So what did you think Apple Jam? Get any pics?

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:16 AM   #137
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Hello fellow Adventure Riders!! Just a heads up, I'll have three trailers done and ready to ship next week if any of you want to get yours before the Spring Rush.... Thanks again for all your support, this is shaping up to be a great adventure it's self!!!

Get Out There, Stay Out There
Mike

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
Old 01-10-2012, 07:16 PM   #138
jlw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 13
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post

Guess not to many recent miles on that bike
jlw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #139
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Moving the shop, I will be a little slow to get new trailers out this next month.

Wish I had moved last week... check this out: http://thurston.kval.com/news/news/2...ted-crest-9-pm

We finally got all the rain that should have come down in December in the last two days!!! Yikes... Glad I'm moving the shop into town!!

Old 01-20-2012, 04:32 PM   #140
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 2,966
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Moving the shop, I will be a little slow to get new trailers out this next month.

Wish I had moved last week... check this out: http://thurston.kval.com/news/news/2...ted-crest-9-pm

We finally got all the rain that should have come down in December in the last two days!!! Yikes... Glad I'm moving the shop into town!!
Good luck.Hope you get moved before the floods.Stay safe.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:42 AM   #141
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 763
Got my Trailer Mike!

Hey Mike (and everyone else),

I got my trailer down here in Mobile, Alabama where I promptly went to work installing it on my new to me DR650 in preparation for riding it home to Seattle in the coming few weeks. AWESOME.

Here is a pre-trailer photo.

Here is a post trailer photo.

And for any non believers out there, here is as good of a test shot as I could get for you. Complete with a 100 liter (24gl) action packer tub bolted to the trailer.

This whole set up should be tested well in Big Bend National Forest later this month when I meet fellow ADV'er D-Rail and his Pals for a ADV outing in the middle of now-where. KICK ASS!!!

This whole set up is great, and well though out. All of friends of the previous owner of my bike (who's house I am staying at now) saw the trailer and thought it kicked ass. Everyone thought it was just a real neat little trailer, and they all helped me in the final process of bolting on the trailer. It was courtesy of ADVBilly (who sold me my bike) that I have the last photo.

5 Star trailer as far as I'm concerned.

--Alex
bigalsmith101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #142
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Glad you like it Alex! Can't wait to hear stories and see pictures of your new adventures!!! Ride Safe

Old 01-22-2012, 06:14 PM   #143
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Trailer in Action

IN the middle of some Big Cannons at Fort Gaines, in Mobile, Alabama

The Gold Wing guys thought the trailer was kick ass!

The Trailer tracks well, and you can't even tell it's there. I chucked my duffel bag into the Action Packer tub, about 20lbs of stuff, and took off. It was AWESOME.

I've definitely glad I have it to haul all my shit home with me to the Seattle area. Speeds of 65+mph don't even matter. BITCHIN.

Thanks again Mike.

--Alex
Old 01-23-2012, 05:34 AM   #144
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Awesome!Looks great behind any bike.
Old 01-23-2012, 10:43 AM   #145
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,018
Has anyone tried registering one of these in Nevada yet? Just wondering what kind of hassles there may be.

Looks like a great idea. Definitely interested...
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2012, 11:54 PM   #146
bigalsmith101
Studly Adventurer

Got pulled over inTexas...

And was told that 80mph wasn't a good idea in a 60mph zone. I never felt the trailer behind me at all...

The police officer said, "Now you didn't make that trailer yourself now did you?" To which I replied, "No, no I didn't."

To which he responded, "Could one of those be made to fit the back of a Harley Bagger?"

I didn't get hassled about lack of license plate or trailer documentation at all.... We'll see how it goes in the the next 5 states or so that I pass through. 4 down, 5 to go.

--Alex
Old 01-25-2012, 07:35 AM   #147
Moto-Kafe
Gnarly Entre-manure

Oddometer: 466
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigalsmith101 View Post
To which he responded, "Could one of those be made to fit the back of a Harley Bagger?"
--Alex
The H-D version would need to be All-Chrome.........with Neon LED's tucked up under the cargo box and fender.
Moto-Kafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:19 AM   #148
Cromoth
Inspection due 5_31

Oddometer: 528
update

So I enjoyed the Moto-mule (MM) in 2 states yesterday (NH, MA) & didn't get any attention from the fuzz.

Inside, I added straps & stainless D-rings from www.strapworks.com to hold wheel weights for the tractor. Empty & connected, the MM showed 27.5lbs on the bathroom scale under the MM tire & with the weights I got 57lbs. Since I'm on a small bike (WR250R) I felt the exta load, especially in the corners after my sucky tie down job let a weight shift. Next time I won't be so lazy to stop & redo the straps - thankfully I didn't have to do any emergency avoidance turns. The link to upload a pic (of the straps/load inside the MM) is gone but you can see it here:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...eat=directlink

Good luck w/the move & rain!
Cromoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 08:43 AM   #149
GalacticGS
1200 GS Rider

Oddometer: 2,018
Thanks for the updates on those using the trailer so far and your dealings with law enforcement. Glad to hear that the police are not bothering you so far.

I looked up the rqmts to register a trailer in Nevada, and they're rather onerous (see below).

Might just try to skate by without registering...

TAIL LAMPS NRS 484.551
  1. Two red tail lamps mounted on the rear
  2. Visible from a distance of 500 feet to the rear
  3. Mounted from at the same level, widely spaced as practicable
  4. At a height of not more than 72 inches or less than 15 inches from the ground, measured from the center of the lamp
  5. Wired to be lighted whenever the vehicle head lamps or auxiliary driving lamps are lighted
STOP LAMPS NRS 484.555
  1. At least 2 or more mounted on the rear of the trailer
  2. Display a red, amber or yellow light
  3. Visible from at least 300 to the rear in normal sunlight
  4. Be activated upon application of the brake
  5. May be incorporated with the tail lamp
TURN SIGNALS NRS 484.557
  1. Located on the front and rear of the vehicle
  2. Must indicate the intention to turn by flashing lights in the direction toward which the turn is to be made
  3. Lamps showing in front must be mounted on the same level and as widely spaced as practicable, must emit a white or amber light when signaling
  4. Lamps mounted on the rear must be on the same level and widely spaced laterally as practicable, must emit red or amber light when signaling
  5. Visible in normal sunlight from a distance of not less than 500 feet
Vehicles manufactured prior to July 1, 1969, less than 80 in overall width, not originally equipped with turn signals are exempt REFLECTORS NRS 484.553

1. 2 or more red reflectors
  2. Mounted on rear as part of the tail lamps or separately
  3. Not less than 15 inches or more than 60 inches from the ground, measured from the center of the lamp
  4. Of a size to be visible at night from all distances within 600 feet to 100 feet from the vehicle when directly in front of a lower beam of a vehicle head lamp
"Speak to me of summer, long winters longer than time can remember;
Setting up of other roads, travel on in old accustomed ways."
GalacticGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2012, 01:25 PM   #150
ben2go
Moto Flunky

In South Carolina the Moto-Mule is considered a light duty cargo trailer,therefore it doesn't require it to be titled,registered,or have a license plate.Lights are not required for daytime operations,unless the towing vehicle's lights are obstructed.However,that is for use inside SC and outside states could give users a hard time.In my honest opinion,the police probably won't waste their time,unless the rider is driving erratic or acting suspicious.I really don't think an Adver would fall into that category.Hope this helps some.