Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-04-2012, 08:08 AM   #376
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dallara View Post
Actually I did contact Mike (MrBracket) via the contact form on his web site some time back, in June. He replied to me via e-mail that he needed measurements for the rear axle, and I sent him the necessary ones I thought he should need (8mm hole all the way through the axle, axle right at 14" long itself, internal hex inside right-side end of the axle to insert a big allen-head wrench in, right-side of the axle fits flush with the swingarm and inside a triple-clamp style clamping area, etc.), but then I never heard back from him.

I made those replies to his mtsfabman@yahoo.com email address that he replied to me with, but since I never heard back from him, and since I saw him posting in this thread, I just thought I'd ask about fitting his trailer to a Super Ténéré here.

Here's a pic of the rear end of the bike...

I don't want to rush him, but it's just that there's an event in October I wanna' go to, and one of his trailers would well and truly be the *TITZ* for that trip!!!

Thanks!

Dallara

`
Dallara,

I apologize for not getting back to you. I'm sure I've dropped the ball on a few potential trailer sales... Honestly, I've been so busy building trailers for the bikes that I do have fitments for that I've let a few slip through the cracks. I hope to have some time this winter to develop more accessories and fitments for the trailer.

It appears the tire is not centered on the axle. Do you have a way to accurately measure the overall length of the axle and then the distance from center of the tire to one end of the axle? If it's only off by a little it won't matter, but I'd need to get the trailer wheel close to the center of the bike wheels.

I might be able to modify the DL650 hitch to fit your bike.

Mike

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 08:57 PM   #377
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,595
The Tenere is a shaft driven bike but unlike my GS the swing arm attaches to both sides.... if it matters.

Pics of both sides might help as well... just sayin...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 09:29 PM   #378
Dallara
Creaks When Walks...

Oddometer: 1,760
Thumb Super Ténéré Measurements & Pics...

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
Dallara,

I apologize for not getting back to you. I'm sure I've dropped the ball on a few potential trailer sales... Honestly, I've been so busy building trailers for the bikes that I do have fitments for that I've let a few slip through the cracks. I hope to have some time this winter to develop more accessories and fitments for the trailer.

It appears the tire is not centered on the axle. Do you have a way to accurately measure the overall length of the axle and then the distance from center of the tire to one end of the axle? If it's only off by a little it won't matter, but I'd need to get the trailer wheel close to the center of the bike wheels.

I might be able to modify the DL650 hitch to fit your bike.

Mike

Thanks for the reply, Mike.

No problem. I fully understand you've probably got your hands full with trailer orders for bike models you already handle. I had kind of figured that might be the case, and it's why I didn't want to hassle you about the Super Ténéré hitch/trailer.

As for the spacing, you are exactly right. the centerline of the tire does not correspond to the center point of the axle. The axle is offset pretty far thanks to the final drive housing. I've got to pull the rear wheel to fit a new tire in the next week or so, and when I do that I'll see if I can come up with some accurate measurements on the dimensions you mentioned. I'll also try to get you some better pics... Ones without the bags, better ones with the bags, ones from each side, close-ups of the axle ends, etc.

Let me know if there is any other info or photos you might need and I'll get those at the same time.

Thanks again for replying, and especially for offering to try and adapt something you've already got laid out.

Dallara

~

You never see a motorcycle parked outside a psychiatrist's office

~

Dallara screwed with this post 09-05-2012 at 02:59 PM
Dallara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 02:50 PM   #379
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 3,167
Mr.Bracket,do you have an FB page?
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2012, 08:18 AM   #380
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post

Just created one... http://www.facebook.com/MotoMule

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
Old 09-06-2012, 11:28 AM   #381
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
Old 09-06-2012, 11:42 PM   #382
GSA GIRL
2010 R1200GS Adv.

Oddometer: 103
Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Just goes to show how OLD I AM. I had to Wait for Mike's reply to find out what an FB Page Was!
Old 09-07-2012, 03:20 AM   #383
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,488
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA GIRL View Post
Just goes to show how OLD I AM. I had to Wait for Mike's reply to find out what an FB Page Was!

So you're the only one that hasn't been assimilated in to the FB Borg?
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 11:52 AM   #384
eakins
Butler Maps

Oddometer: 17,731

Quote:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=598717
Butler Maps website:
http://www.butlermaps.com
eakins is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2012, 09:17 PM   #385
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSA GIRL View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedRocker View Post
So you're the only one that hasn't been assimilated in to the FB Borg?
It's just a matter of time.

I didn't really want an FB page but it's the only way I can communicate with my techy family.

Now I use my page to promote my blogs and small businesses that I am interested in,such as Mr.Bracket's.
Old 09-08-2012, 09:38 AM   #386
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here is some great info from a customer in Washington State, he's the first I know of to go through the licensing process...

Quote:
Mike, I completed the licensing process today on my Moto Mule. In Washington, the process goes like this:

1. Call the Washington State Patrol to get an inspection date.
2. Go to the licensing department and get a one day permit to take the trailer on the highway on the date of your appointment.
3. The inspector will issue the trailer a VIN number as part of the inspection, attach it to the frame and give you an inspection report.
4. Take the report back to the licensing department where you will be issued a registration and a license. Since there is no Manufacturer’s Statement of Origin (MSO), the trailer will be registered, but a title will not be issued for at least three years.
5. At both the inspection and the licensing department, have proof of the price of purchase.
6. The inspector pointed out a couple of issues users should be aware of. The location for the mounting bracket for the license plate and lights is ideal in that it allows for a well built, sturdy mounting. However, technically the license plate belongs on the rear fender. He said if an officer wanted to get picky about it, he could. Also, he said the trailer blocks the view of the motorcycle license. This puzzles me as travel trailers, boat trailers, etc., all block the license plate of the tow vehicle.

If you were to issue an MSO, the unit would not have to go for inspection and a title would be issued immediately. However, the right to issue an MSO is a Federal matter that would require more bureaucratic nonsense than you probably want to go through. (I get the feeling Moto Mule is a cottage industry and getting involved in Federal bureaucracy would be too big a profit killer.) Sending an invoice with the unit would help the customer establish price at the licensing department. They need it in Washington to determine the required sales tax.
He also sent me some great pics, I'll post those up soon.
Mike

Old 09-08-2012, 11:07 AM   #387
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Here are Joe's pictures:

Quote:
Mike,

Attached are the pictures I promised you. The mountain in the background is Rainier. This was the maiden voyage for my Moto-Mule. I wish I had had it when I made a trip from Arkansas to Homer, Alaska in 2006. After this, I would not make another long trip without it.

Items in the trailer include the float tube, frog fins, tent, Tupperware container for all my cooking stuff, etc. The bag on top, which weighs about 20 pounds, contains my two air mattresses, sleeping bag and rain gear. The yellow pad is a seat for the float tube. Since I didn’t have to have everything stacked on the bike and the bike’s trunk, I could carry my cooler and take cold drinks, milk and a frozen meal to cook for supper.

On a non-fishing road trip, none of the fishing stuff would be there so I would not take the cooler and probably not even need the saddle bags, though I might keep them so I could carry my small Dutch Oven and some grub worth eating. Those who want to take only what they can carry on the bike while eating crackers and cheese, are welcome to do their thing. But, at the age of 70, I want my trips to be as comfortable as possible.

When I get to my campsite, I can drop the trailer, unload the stuff on the bike and head off up a Forest Service road on an empty bike. Thanks for a great product.

Joe Grove

Old 09-09-2012, 03:13 PM   #388
RedRocker
Native Texican

Oddometer: 5,488
I don't think Texas has small trailer plates, I had a Uni-Go at one time but can't recall what kind of plate I had for it.
"There is a principle which is a bar against all information, which is proof against all arguments and which cannot fail to keep a man in everlasting ignorance - that principle is contempt prior to investigation."
RedRocker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 03:02 AM   #389
Laconic
Añejo

Oddometer: 16,242
The Mule has arrived

Put it together at work, hauled it home and mounted the box. Threw two bags of 7 1/2 chilled shot in it for the ride to work this morning (likely more weight than I will ever normally put in it).

I can tell it's back there, but it certainly doesn't upset things too much. I already feel confident enough with it that I'm going to take it to CroMag next week.

Pics here;

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=182
Laconic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2012, 05:08 AM   #390
Mr. Fisherman
PROUD 2B Riff Raff!

Oddometer: 10,595
Quote:
Originally Posted by Laconic View Post
Put it together at work, hauled it home and mounted the box. Threw two bags of 7 1/2 chilled shot in it for the ride to work this morning (likely more weight than I will ever normally put in it).

I can tell it's back there, but it certainly doesn't upset things too much. I already feel confident enough with it that I'm going to take it to CroMag next week.

Pics here;

http://advrider.com/forums/showpost....&postcount=182

Your racks for the fuel containers is mounted upside down. They are designed to get the weight as low as possible. Don't feel bad, I did the same thing

Just remove them and flip them over. You are going to love that trailer...
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote