Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-04-2013, 12:32 PM   #436
DirtJack
Adventurer

Oddometer: 975
How about some leg attachments for the center piece to make a camping chair/stool.
2008 KTM 690 Enduro
DirtJack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2013, 01:39 PM   #437
Tessitori
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
nothing for an F650GS?.
Old 02-06-2013, 07:41 PM   #438
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Oddometer: 796
Got a shipping notice!

Very respectable lead time for such a labor intensive product.
Will post pictures!
Thanks for building these.
Old 02-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #439
MrBracket OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 256
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessitori View Post
nothing for an F650GS?.
I might be able to make one for the F650GS. Can you give me some information on it's rear axle? I'd need to know the overall length of the rear axle. Also, need to know if a 5/16" or 3/8" rod can slide clear through the axle. Perhaps a couple side view photos of the rear of the bike too. Thanks!

2010 Husaberg FX450, 2011 Husaberg FS570, 1994 Yamaha TW200, Next bike?? - A twin cylinder adventure bike. Why? Because most thumpers sound like two skeletons making whoopie in a trash can!
MrBracket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 08:39 AM   #440
EvanADV
Big Bearded Boy

Oddometer: 1,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
I might be able to make one for the F650GS. Can you give me some information on it's rear axle? I'd need to know the overall length of the rear axle. Also, need to know if a 5/16" or 3/8" rod can slide clear through the axle. Perhaps a couple side view photos of the rear of the bike too. Thanks!
First Trip on 2 Wheels. 10,000 miles. 21 years old.
NC to Maine for Lobster Dinner
EvanADV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2013, 11:38 AM   #441
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,104
Gen I KLR 650 Brackets ..

Got an offer/opportunity to buy one of your trailers used, but need a set of the mounts/brackets and hardware for an '06 KLR 650 (Gen I) ..

.. sent you a PM and my PayPal/shipping info as well .. looking forward to hearing from you soon .. really looking to getting the trailer set up with a cargo box large enough to hold my Turnout Gear .. lol ..

.. also .. couple of requests .. might speed up the ordering ..

1. Could you add a "parts" section to your .com site?
2. Could you also include tires/tubes on your "parts" section?

*and you night want to start referring to your trailers as "Gen I" and "Gen II" so "folks" can get the right parts when the time comes to order the replacements .. I might be needing a DOT tire as well ..

Thanks for all you do man ..
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #442
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Wheel travel

Need to determine the Moto-Mule's wheel travel.
Having seen mud packed fenders lock-up and act like reverse thrusters, I'm entertaining converting to a static fender which would be attached to the Moto-Mule Rotopax hoops. Have a donor fender cut and ready to mount, just need to know how high to mount it.
Old 02-19-2013, 07:13 PM   #443
chuggins143
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 128
I'm looking at the "no cargo area" version and can easily see a milk crate sitting in there... just needs a couple of U-bolts! Assuming it's long enough.

Chad
09 KLR 650, blue... Done the Doo!, Thermo-bobed!, LED driving lights, aux fuse box, HID high beam, gel battery, custom racks, tool tube, de-Californicated it, moved main fuses to side cover, relocated plate, PVC mod, Hurricane mod, bypassed the side stand switch...

RIP - 95 Honda VFR750 (the most vulgar shade of yellow I could find in the book!)
chuggins143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2013, 09:06 PM   #444
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuggins143 View Post
I'm looking at the "no cargo area" version and can easily see a milk crate sitting in there... just needs a couple of U-bolts! Assuming it's long enough.

Chad
Looking at mine it seems the milk crate would stand a bad chance of hitting your rear fender when negotiating a steep dip, narrow gulch, ditch, or any terrain that caused it to raise sharply around the pivot point. Maybe if it was the shortest style crate and remained on level ground it could work.
Edit:
And your turning radius might be dismal with any cargo hold on the stubby configuration.

etingelefunts screwed with this post 02-21-2013 at 11:25 PM
etingelefunts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2013, 10:32 AM   #445
etingelefunts
retem-odo

Using the 1-3/4 gallon rotopax cans puts them down so low they almost touch the ground under full shock compression. Flipped the hoops and swung them bottoms towards the bike by relocating the lower mounting hole so the tanks are essentially level, while sharing the same underbelly plane as the tub's main tube.

Would hate to have a stump miss my foot pegs and trailer load only to rip off the lower hanging up-sized Rotopax.

CG is higher, but then again so is the entire bike on a dual sport like the WR, so UP went the tanks to match. Will post photos as able.
Old 03-03-2013, 10:10 AM   #446
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,144
A moto-mule trailer is definitely on my list of items to get this year (once I build up my backup cash reserves after buying a house). I really like that you are listening to feedback and improving the product.

Here is a thought/question/suggestion/etc.:

I want to have a "pusher trailer" for a bicycle (MTB) - i.e., a trailer that can be used with an internal combustion engine or an electric motor (and battery) to propel a bicycle.

There are a lot of homemade pusher trailers out there, most of them fairly crude but they work.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bwgGECnhsPs

Although the Moto-mule might be a bit heavy for a bicycle (some of the homemade pusher trailers are huge monstrosities), I think it would work well for this purpose. Two modifications would be needed; a sprocket on the trailer wheel with a driven hub so that the user to put an engine/motor on the trailer, and a hitch that would work with a bicycle. I am guessing that neither modification would be rocket science.

Of course the engine would cut into the space for hauling things on the trailer when installed, but I think there would still be a good amount of space left.

I would rather have one trailer for both my motorcycle and my bicycle than two separate trailers.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2013, 12:46 PM   #447
RevBill
Irreverent Reverend

Oddometer: 2,104
Thanks mike ..

Thanks Mike .. got the parts and should have some pics to share soon .. though, funny enough, the guy I got mine from also had a toxic-green Gen 1 KLR also ..

.. question though .. are there supposed to be some mounting brackets for the rear rack you guys sell?? .. or is it meant to be a deck that bolts onto the bottom of the trailer?? .. I'm not clear on that part .. (edit) .. playing around with some roto-pax cans I figured out why some of those cut-outs exist .. for some reason I thought this rack might have mounted up top (serious top-heavier) over the shock/rear tire .. I was wrong .. (end edit)

.. I'm also still playing around with the racks for the Roto-Pax .. I'm using the 3 gallon ones and trying out reversing the racks to keep some ground clearance also .. (edit) .. mounted the brackets right-side-up and upside-down and discovered with the 1.75-gallon and 3-gallon roto-pax cans you definitely want the brackets in the upside-down configuration to avoid ground/clearance conflicts .. (end edit)

.. fun stuff .. really looking forward to running away from home with the Moto-Mule and not having to use a tail box and panniers to haul all my crap (and man I carry a ton) ..

.. Great Trailer btw (I'm sure you've heard that before) .. now that I've had my hands on it and messed around with it I can say you spent some time and engineering energy to make an awesome manufacture/build on these .. the adaptable mounting system is brilliant ..

RevBill screwed with this post 03-03-2013 at 01:34 PM
RevBill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2013, 08:57 AM   #448
droussel
n00b

Oddometer: 1
Moto mule in Colorado?

Hello all,
I am considering buying a moto mule, but would like to see one up-close to see if it will fit my needs. Is there anyone near Denver who owns a moto mule and would be willing to let me stop by?
Thanks,
Denis
droussel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2013, 03:41 PM   #449
Apple Jam
Forest Flyer

Oddometer: 6,113
Yo!! Mr Bracket !!
Are you still coming out to the Crooked River Campout this next weekend?
I'll bring my Moto-Mule so you can see/hear the awesome TUNES I customized into it
...then that land should be open for public use" (peterman)
Apple Jam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2013, 06:32 PM   #450
CodeMonkee
Geek Adventurer

Oddometer: 5,144
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBracket View Post
It has been brought to my attention that I should post the specs of the container I recommend using with the trailer.

It is a Rubbermaid ActionPacker, model 1172, 24gal, 90.8L, 26.5x19.3x17.4in, or 67.3x49x44.2cm

I get them at my local Lowes Hardware store for about $30 new.

Other containers may work too, that is just the one I recommend.

I am excited to see what others come up with for tubs or flat decks.
You should put the dimensions of what will fit into your FAQ on the website too.

I just saw several "job boxes" today at Home Depot that might fit. The nice thing about those is they were lockable and had their own wheels.
Not all who wander are lost
CodeMonkee is offline   Reply With Quote