Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-10-2014, 04:43 PM   #1
edtau OP
baaaaaaarp

Oddometer: 28
Private tour of Erzberg, Romaniacs and Sea to Sky tracks in Europe this year - Who wa

All this hype about the hard enduro circuit got us thinking.. How awesome would it be to ride in Erzberg, Sibiu and Kemer and see if you have what it takes to make it through the event?

A few of us out our heads together and negotiated our way to a private guided tour this September with 9 days of riding following the same tracks riden by the big boys in Erzberg, Romaniacs and Sea to Sky.

We have a sweet dealer lined up to give us an all inclusive package offering 13/14 Husky 350's, local guides, accommodation and a few surprise visits from Enduro legends along the way. All you would need to do is sort your flights, rock up with your gear and ride.

Given it's pretty intense logistically, we need a few more riders to sign up so we hit their minimum number and make the tour happen this September.

If you're keen on riding the tracks from these legendary events and seeing if you've got what it takes to compete in the actual events, drop me a line ASAP.

We're not affiliated with any company and will not mention the vendor.. This is about trying to find enough interest to make this trip happen and give anyone else the opportunity to get one step closer to running in the real thing next year.

edtau.
Laid-back Australian stranded in by-the-book Deutschland
edtau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
DirtyDog
Lust for dust.

Oddometer: 7,532
Sounds awesome. Looking forward to the ride report already.

-DustyRags
DirtyDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2014, 05:12 AM   #3
edtau OP
baaaaaaarp

Don't worry DirtyDog, we'll have coverage from our own photographer and videographer throughout the event, so the ride report will be a series of short films we produce at the other end... Kind of an average rider's perspective on the 3 locations...
Old 06-14-2014, 04:27 PM   #4
Tye
Adventurer

Edtau
I rode the IRP this year. Whilst out there I got talking to one of the Guides (marshals) an Austrian named Max who hires the Erzberg site for two days in Aug/Sept/Oct for 3000 euros. Not bad as he can take up to 60 riders
Waiting for the organisers to respond to an email for contact details
Old 06-17-2014, 08:42 PM   #5
WhorehayTheBarbarian
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 154
This sounds pretty amazing. I would be curios to hear what It costs... Although I could not make it in september as I have just returned from a trip that crippled my wallet.
WhorehayTheBarbarian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2014, 03:51 AM   #6
edtau OP
baaaaaaarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tye View Post
Edtau
I rode the IRP this year. Whilst out there I got talking to one of the Guides (marshals) an Austrian named Max who hires the Erzberg site for two days in Aug/Sept/Oct for 3000 euros. Not bad as he can take up to 60 riders
Waiting for the organisers to respond to an email for contact details
Hey Tye - Yeah they do this but you'll find it only done a handful of time a year and the places pretty much all fill up by May, which means getting a spot is tricky!

We've negotiated a similar thing and have spots on hold for our rides but only if we hit the minimum number - Which is what we're waiting on now...
Old 06-18-2014, 03:52 AM   #7
edtau OP
baaaaaaarp

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhorehayTheBarbarian View Post
This sounds pretty amazing. I would be curios to hear what It costs... Although I could not make it in september as I have just returned from a trip that crippled my wallet.
It will be amazing!! I'm counting down the days!! In terms of cost, you're looking at a similar cost to what it would take to participate in a single event, but for that money we're spreading it across the 3 riding locations...