Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-30-2013, 05:06 AM   #6211
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by Murphy Slaw View Post
That looks good, viper770.
A black bike in TEXAS or the south in the middle of summer? Blister ones eyeballs!
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 05:09 AM   #6212
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,610
Quote:
Originally Posted by XpressCS View Post
I'm having an odd clutch issue with mine. The lever is slightly loose, maybe 1/8" play at the end of the lever, but whenever I rev it over 4000rpm it seems to get really tight with zero slack whatsoever. The moment I pull the lever all the way in I can feel something give slightly and the slack is back again.

Any ideas??
Check at both ends for fraying - the strands beginning to break away. If it is the original on a an 04 it might be time to replace i,t particularly if it was not oiled regularly.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 07:13 AM   #6213
bete
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Makes me think about painting old blue. that looks great. PS: u live in Hutch? I'm over in Augusta. Come over and ride the flint hills some time. bete.
Old 04-30-2013, 09:51 AM   #6214
ChromeSux
Plated and screwed

Oddometer: 1,376
Viper770
Thanks for your service, ride safe.

ChromeSux is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:14 PM   #6215
XpressCS
Must. Have. Lumens..

Oddometer: 1,062
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Check at both ends for fraying - the strands beginning to break away. If it is the original on a an 04 it might be time to replace i,t particularly if it was not oiled regularly.
Neither end is frayed, so maybe it's inside the tube.

Probably original. Same for the chain, starting to make more noise than it should, probably time to change that too..

My KLR is my therapy session. My quiet time. My deep tissue massage. Me without my KLR is reason enough to be deeply concerned. It is what calms me the most. Soothes my mind. Eases my stress. -Me

XpressCS screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 12:24 PM
XpressCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 12:43 PM   #6216
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
I know I should've put this in the Flea Market but wanted the KLRists to get a shot first... I was cleaning out the garage and found a bag of a dozen 3 1/2" Supercrapp discs from the exhausts of my old dune buggy. I have no use for them and if there is any poor soul who needs them PM me and I will ship them to you, if not I will stick them in the flea market. BTW, they are brand new....
Old 04-30-2013, 12:51 PM   #6217
Gallowbraid
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 828
Black is the only color KLR's should come in.

You think mud is a good paint protector
Winterizing just means putting a tarp over it till tomorrow
You hit Home Depot and Tractor Supply for parts before you go to the motorcycle shop.
Every time you look at anything square shaped you think "Could that be a pannier?"
You like humvees and hate H2's
You've gone into an Army Surplus store to look for riding gear.

Gallowbraid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:17 PM   #6218
Danger4u2
KX & CR 500 Rider

Oddometer: 563
What is it with this thread that brings out the ass hole spammers? Did they shut down the sale section?
Old 04-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #6219
SkiBumBrian
DualSport Crazy !!

Oddometer: 1,042
Cry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danger4u2 View Post
What is it with this thread that brings out the ass hole spammers? Did they shut down the sale section?
Listen here noob, I realize you just learned the English language and are trying to use your newly found vocabulary but your interpretation is nothing less than moronic. I am selling nothing nor drumming up business, I am giving away something I don't need. I would also be careful of the way you use the word asshole. A little lesson for you. Spammers will usually have a very low post count.

SkiBumBrian screwed with this post 04-30-2013 at 02:44 PM
SkiBumBrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 02:57 PM   #6220
sandalscout
blah blah blah

Oddometer: 2,027
Quote:
Originally Posted by SkiBumBrian View Post
Listen here noob, I realize you just learned the English language and are trying to use your newly found vocabulary but your interpretation is nothing less than moronic. I am selling nothing nor drumming up business, I am giving away something I don't need. I would also be careful of the way you use the word asshole. A little lesson for you. Spammers will usually have a very low post count.
It's awful being spammed with free giveaways and $1 clutch levers.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #6221
Danger4u2
KX & CR 500 Rider

Oddometer: 563
Sorry not a post queen. Call it like I see it. Just stating fact. You say it in your first sentence. "I know I should've put this in the Flea Market" so why are you pissed at me?
One dollar or free, supporting a spammer is just like supporting a thief. They will spam and steal again. I don't know you so I can't say your a noob or anything else. I've enjoyed your postings, I draw the line at spamming. I joined in 2007 (305 posts) you joined in 2012 (767 posts) hmmmm..... and I'm the noob.

I did not quote you or name you, so why would you think I'm calling you an ahole?

Post Script:
Just like he knew he was posting in the wrong category by his first sentence, I knew I would catch flak for calling him on it. Free dune buggy parts in a KLR thread. That's where I search for dune buggy parts. Spam started out as mass emails to unsolicited recipients. It's grown over the years to mean ANY unsolicited advertisement. Free, $1 dollar or $10,000 dollars, spam is spam. It's not my site, I'm not a moderator. I will keep my opinions to myself.

I apologize, I didn't know everyone was pro-spam.

Danger4u2 screwed with this post 05-01-2013 at 06:19 AM
Danger4u2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:32 PM   #6222
8lives
Runnin on wonder

Oddometer: 1,705
Gallowbraid,I have 1 of those seat covers.Dam it play nice or Im gonna spin the top off this jar of WHOOP ASS.
1986 XT350 For going places the Wee shouldn't be!
I still see the world through KLR eyes
8lives is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 03:59 PM   #6223
XpressCS
Must. Have. Lumens..

Oddometer: 1,062
Stop bitching, both of you.

My KLR is my therapy session. My quiet time. My deep tissue massage. Me without my KLR is reason enough to be deeply concerned. It is what calms me the most. Soothes my mind. Eases my stress. -Me
XpressCS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2013, 04:09 PM   #6224
SFC_Ren
Adventurer

Oddometer: 71
You might want to figure out the meaning of "spammer" because obviously you have no clue. Your posts are more annoying to me than anything anybody posted up for "FREE" to fellow KLR riders. So why don't you quit wasting bandwidth here by calling people spammers who are not, just because you aren't smart enough to understand what a spammer is.

QUOTE=Danger4u2;21303511]Sorry not a post queen. Call it like I see it. Just stating fact. You say it in your first sentence. "I know I should've put this in the Flea Market" so why are you pissed at me?
One dollar or free, supporting a spammer is just like supporting a thief. They will spam and steal again. I don't know you so I can't say your a noob or anything else. I've enjoyed your postings, I draw the line at spamming. I joined in 2007 (305 posts) you joined in 2012 (767 posts) hmmmm..... and I'm the noob.

I did not quote you or name you, so why would you think I'm calling you an ahole?[/QUOTE]
Old 04-30-2013, 04:24 PM   #6225
tigagreen
n00b

Oddometer: 8
SFC Ren, thank you exactly what I wanted to say... but I'm a noob...
tigagreen is offline   Reply With Quote