User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-26-2013, 04:23 PM   #7786
Keating
pre-n00b

Oddometer: 187
Excellent.
Was thinking of just ordering the do, torsion spring and gaskets, but for the kit price, you're only paying a couple dollars for the wrench and rotor puller.
Interesting wrench they have there. Though I think I already have a 32mm crowfoot.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilGreenBooger View Post
as for a reputable Canadian supplier for the Doo, I support Dualsportplus.ca. I've ordered hundreds of dollars worth of parts from them, and they never miss a beat.

http://dualsportplus.ca/klr650/engin...doohickey.html

'04 KLR650
Keating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 04:29 PM   #7787
Keating
pre-n00b

Oddometer: 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by GO_OUTSIDE! View Post
If you really need something to do come over my house and help me replace my well pump or fix my trucks leaking brakes. Seriously you Canadians and your casual one job lifestyles.
Replaced my well pump a couple years ago. Not a fun job, hauling a couple hundred feet of slimey pipe out of the well.
Last year, I had to dig up the pipe from the well head to the house because the asshole who installed the well originally, connected the poly pipe to the pitless adapter with a galvanized fitting and it rusted out.

I've got a fence to build in the next two weeks, three rooms to paint and 600 sq/ft of tile to lay, and two vehicles that need oil changes and tires rotated.
Plus my day job...

You know what they say about when you assume?

'04 KLR650
Keating is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2013, 09:11 PM   #7788
Woodenveins
Adventure Rider

Oddometer: 482
Which windshield?

I currently have the stock windshield on my 2013 KLR650 but would like to change it to one that would give me more protection from the wind. I'm 6'2" and the stock windshield doesn't seem to block any of the wind from hitting me right in the face. There are several different brands that say they have the windshield I need. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Woodenveins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 12:02 AM   #7789
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Oddometer: 1,703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenveins View Post
I currently have the stock windshield on my 2013 KLR650 but would like to change it to one that would give me more protection from the wind. I'm 6'2" and the stock windshield doesn't seem to block any of the wind from hitting me right in the face. There are several different brands that say they have the windshield I need. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
Laminar Lip.
Tsotsie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 05:36 AM   #7790
slowoldguy
Tire Tester

Oddometer: 8,474
KLR650 Only Thread......

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
Laminar Lip.
Hmmmm. Is that what you get from a Laminar Wife?
slowoldguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:03 AM   #7791
Pilot Jones
n00b

Oddometer: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsotsie View Post
They all do that! It is the very lean idle circuit in the carb.

In the US we do several things. Remove the EPA 'stuff' - polution control stuff - air pump and block off the carb vacumme that powers it as well as blocking the injection site next to the water temp sensor in the head . Then do the 22cent mod. That is the small covered screw on the underside of the carb. It is covered with a plug as it is supposed to be set lean - again to pass the polution control issues. Remove the plug (dril a small hole in it carefull and pull it out with a probe), and screw the needle out to about 2 /12 times or the popping stops. That needle jet then richens up the idle circuit.

Try the 22c mod first.
Thanks for that,the Aussie bikes have no EPA bits and also the pilot air screw is not covered,so shall back out another 1/2 turn(2 turns out at present) and see/hear what happens.
Cheers PJ
Pilot Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:52 AM   #7792
GO_OUTSIDE!
dirty hippie

Oddometer: 287
Quote:
Originally Posted by Keating View Post
Replaced my well pump a couple years ago. Not a fun job, hauling a couple hundred feet of slimey pipe out of the well.
Last year, I had to dig up the pipe from the well head to the house because the asshole who installed the well originally, connected the poly pipe to the pitless adapter with a galvanized fitting and it rusted out.

I've got a fence to build in the next two weeks, three rooms to paint and 600 sq/ft of tile to lay, and two vehicles that need oil changes and tires rotated.
Plus my day job...

You know what they say about when you assume?
So you get my point then?
If not, my question is, since the doo doesnt need immediate adjustment, which of your chores should you do first? Manually adjust the chain or maintain one of your other vehicles?

I wasnt trying to be a dick, and I dont really have anything against Canadians. But seriously, only one job and you havent found time to change the oil in your igloo yet?
...My god! I sound like my wife!
Old 07-27-2013, 06:58 AM   #7793
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pilot Jones View Post
Thanks for that,the Aussie bikes have no EPA bits and also the pilot air screw is not covered,so shall back out another 1/2 turn(2 turns out at present) and see/hear what happens.
Cheers PJ
You might not have the USA EPA regs but you have your own there that restrict the carb slide.
Old 07-27-2013, 07:01 AM   #7794
Tsotsie
Semi-reformed Tsotsi

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowoldguy View Post
Hmmmm. Is that what you get from a Laminar Wife?
Nah! She was de-laminated years ago!
Old 07-27-2013, 08:31 AM   #7795
1ROGUERIDER
Earth Rider

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woodenveins View Post

I have a 2012 and am 6'3. I got the madstad adjustable. works great! I went with the 20".
1ROGUERIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 08:44 AM   #7796
NC Rick
Cogent Dynamics Inc

Oddometer: 613
Quote:
Originally Posted by bush pilot View Post
Most likely he's off racing one of his Ducatis for the weekend. When Rick talks about Ducatis it like he's reading poetry!
Anyway be patient, Rick is one of the best suspension guys in the country and the Moab shock is tiptop, as is his after sales service.
[QUOTE=bush pilot;21933538]

Hi folks, we have been on a little more than a weeks vacation. Back late Monday. We have been building shock parts while Joyce and I are out. We have been picking up voice and emails every couple days and I'm not sure how we missed this one. Hate that, sorry! We will be able to ship shocks quite quickly next week because of the staging work. This is the first time in 11 years that Joyce and I have been away together for more than a long weekend. Thanks for the kind words bush pilot! Joyce and I both worked the STT track event at CMP a couple weeks back, rode our Ducs a bunch and got to see several great customers. Love it!
NC Rick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 09:26 AM   #7797
RideAbout
Mentally Retired

Oddometer: 1,660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aprilia View Post
Keating....Do you have a GenI or GenII. You can certainly take up the slack in the balancer chain by hand. In fact I've walked two KLR owners over the phone while they were on the road. Odds of needing a new gasket are very remote. No need to pull the rotor.
+1
Old 07-27-2013, 11:58 AM   #7798
mxboy96
Adventurer

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepsandbikes View Post
I cant believe you said that , i have so many jobs its crazy , I have to constantly fix my igloo , tend to my maple syrup , feed my beavers and keep them from biting my moose's ankles , my brewery , and my snow shovel business .. and thats just summer work ..
Lmao. And here we thought this was a motorcycle forum, you guys crack me up
Old 07-27-2013, 03:41 PM   #7799
Newfiebullet
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 193
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdcorrigan View Post
Great customer service? I thought all you Canadians were nice people.

The owner of the shop was quoted

The inspiration to open A Vicious Cycle wasn’t about motorcycles themselves, but about the people who ride them. “I was working in the industry and saw a lack of customer service being offered to customers and decided I could do better myself,” says Eric.

http://www.galferusa.com/shop-spotli...vicious-cycle/
I'm very happy with the service from A Vicious Cycle, though I will say that in the future I'll be doing all my ordering over the phone, and not over the website. It's hard to offer good customer service if you're not actually speaking with the customer.
Newfiebullet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2013, 06:02 PM   #7800
jacob_ns
Helicopter Doctor

Oddometer: 231
A couple of issues

I was doing a pre ride check yesterday and discovered my rear sprocket carrier had significant lateral (side to side) play.

I pulled the wheel and when I fit the socket carrier spacers into the bearing I am able to deflect the bearing outer race over 0.090" and rock the spacers inside of the inner race. I'm assuming it's in need of replacement?

Second, I can't get the brake rotor side spacer to separate from the bearing and I'm thinking it's corroded in there. Any ideas?
jacob_ns is offline   Reply With Quote