ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Northeast - Greater Flugistan and home of the carpet baggers.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2014, 01:14 PM   #1
yumerider OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Question Hello Hello !! Information for Rides in NJ

Hi All,

In New Jersey with a bike for the first time. Was hoping to get some information on where I can ride. Currently based in the Middlesex area. I ride a F650GS.

I have been riding for a few years (in California - mainly SF bay area) - mostly pavement 98% - a very tiny bit of dirt/gravel (with road tires). I have done San Jose/Santa Cruz hills, Santa Barbara, and then north Eureka, Lost Coast all the way to Portland as well as the East Bay and Yosemite etc.

Now that I am here - and of course summer is ending - i was hoping I can get some tips and information on places to ride, possible gpxs or atleast information on the what roads are fun to ride around.

Looking forward to hearing from the forum.
yumerider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 02:24 PM   #2
fyrfytr
B.U.F.F.

Oddometer: 2,607
Welcome to the area. I'm not real familiar with the Middlesex area, but if you go north or west, the roads really are quite good. Specifically Sussex, Warren, and Hunterdon Counties. Take a ride along any of the county roads, most are excellent. Cross the Delaware and you won't be disappointed, there are many dirt roads to be ridden as well as paved roads with little traffic. Keep an eye out for rides lead by WPBarlow, he puts together some great routes by all accounts, but I have been told his pace is brisk.
Old 08-31-2014, 03:35 PM   #3
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,990
Middlesex Docgonzo to the courtsey phone

Try to start here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=484598

Newbies are welcomed just check the last page because we move around to different places

NJ is not the place you have seen on TV look here http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=786320

Don't be bummed summer is over Polar bear season starts in OCT http://polarbeargrandtour.com/

Sure we have the citys Ny best view is from NJ and Philli run over for some cheese steaks.

Happy motoring see you out at a bike night soon

Yellow Iron screwed with this post 08-31-2014 at 03:43 PM
Yellow Iron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2014, 04:34 PM   #4
yumerider OP
Adventurer

fyrfytr Thank you. Middlesex is central jersey towards the coast. I noticed all 3 counties you mentioned are towards the north west - Delaware Water Gap area :). I like the area alot, hiking/camping, just a pain to get there before driving out in the local county routes. To be very honest, hate riding on highways with loads of traffic and idiots driving cars (no offense to anyone). So any specific county roads that stick out form your rides?

Quote:
Middlesex Docgonzo to the courtsey phone

Yellow Iron - very funny. Middlesex is not that bad, grew up here. Close enough to NYC, and then Princeton/Philadelphia, the mountains and the oceans.

Thank you for the links, will definitely join you guys on the rides. I want to explore - just joined a motorcycle meetup as well. Cheers !!
Old 08-31-2014, 04:44 PM   #5
Yellow Iron
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,990
Middlesex Is Doc's stomping grounds

He will know all the good hot dog stands and burger joints in the arera
Old 08-31-2014, 07:12 PM   #6
yumerider OP
Adventurer

>> lol - it was in reference to the little emoticon that is puking - it did not show up in the 'quote'

but ya I will look up DocGonzo on here :).