User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 11-25-2011, 07:05 PM   #1
dirtrider5001 OP
whatever

Oddometer: 50
from little river south carolina to max meadows virginia on a yami gt80

I started off in little river, south carolina, My Desination was cleveland ohio. I made it to max meadows virginia where my girl met up with me and took me the rest of the way home to cleveland ohio. This was a crazy trip so i figured i would post it up here. well i left at night,started off going 50 miles in the wrong direction, ended up in conway. rode through the entire night and the next day, got a hotel that night in pilot mountain, then rode from checkout to max meadows that day. Had about 25 bucks when i left. and a walmart credit card, and 20 bucks on my credit card. Luckily girlfriend paid for the hotel. I was in the middle of nowwhere ALOT of the trip. Bike only did about 25-30 mph as i hadnt gotton to swapping out rear sprocket, as i hadnt planned to go on a trip like this. The trip was planned in about 30 minutes scratching down directions from mapquest which turned out to be garbage directions. I bought a map at a gas station which was helped but was pretty crappy. got alot of directions from locals. But hey the bike made it. THis bike was beat up when in got it, i put all the lights/ wiring harness on my self. Fuel strainer got clogged once and gear oil went low a cuple times and up in the fancy gap mountains seemed like maybe bike was overheating or maybe just had oil mixed to rich, but let it cool and bike was seemed fine again. Im guessing i went around 700 miles. on freeway is only 350 mile trip but as i learned going cross country on backroads is not very easy, especially on a 30mph bike. Much of the time i was actually on this bike on the interstate. As in nc at night in some places there is absolutly no traffic. I think its amazing i didnt get stopped by the cops since i learned that helmets are required where i was riding. I had no helmet and a facticious tag. Trip was pretty stressful as you can imagine, so any of you hillbillys see my flyin by lol,
this is quite a bit off course near virginia / north carolina border

i was actually off course in both these pics, this is around walkerstown, not sure if its virginia or north carolina, boy do the maps do a horrible job of showing the state lines. trying to be slick and avoid the cops and a busy rode got me off course in this pic. Well i got to see some of gods country so guess it turned out ok. on a trip like this you sure do see the point of oil injection. I didnt have it connnected hence the milk carton which i kept filled with half a gallon of gas. oh and yea i know im crazy now for sure

dirtrider5001 screwed with this post 11-26-2011 at 05:42 PM
dirtrider5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:15 PM   #2
Superhawk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
thought I was reading the title wrong.... thats some ride !

wish I had the lights for my GT - someone took em off before I got my hands on it.
Superhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2011, 08:34 PM   #3
HPTuner
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Yessir....you crazy.
HPTuner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 12:45 AM   #4
lytle1gw
oldguy

Oddometer: 69
Maybe a little crazy but then thats what it takes for some great adventures.
lytle1gw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:12 AM   #5
Superhawk
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 666
I just noticed you have a beer can silencer on your GT..so do i quiets it down nicely and its the best way to use Coors light that Ive ever found.
Superhawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 02:09 PM   #6
dirtrider5001 OP
whatever

Oddometer: 50
yea gotta love the exhaust

i gotta miller light can on mine. And the hole in the end is just the same size as the one in urs. I didnt expect the can on mine to stay on there for 5 minutes much less for that entire trip. I bought this bike to put on my sailboat for when i travel. Im really looking into making it a 5 speed since i hear that it can be done. Ive seen a video of a guy on you tube that did it and he was doin like at least 60. Im also wondering what other engine will fit in this bike. Maybe dt125 engine??? If the engine doesnt fit ill probably just end up making one fit. Really the engine has enough power i just want a 5 gear. Hell a 6 speed would be even better.
dirtrider5001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 02:17 PM   #7
ADK
____

Oddometer: 7,976
Cool2

A YZ80 engine should be a 5 or 6 speed.
ADK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-14-2011, 04:34 AM   #8
hateithere
anytime now

Oddometer: 2,468
Nice trip I have a DT80, one of my favorite bikes, you rode 700 miles, well done
hateithere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2011, 10:26 PM   #9
aceonthebeach3
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 189
now that is Hardcore!!!!! I would love to see you on the road riding by guys on goldwings and such... wow very cool
2014 Ducati Multistrada 1200 S touring, 2006 Yamaha R6 Track bike, 1999 Ducati 900 Super Sport, 1992 HD FLHS, 1997 HD Sportster 1200, 2004 Yamaha V-Star 650 Custom, 2005 Honda Ruckus(scooter trash) being a inmate has perks=Dealer pricing on alien blood oh I meanAmsoilhttp://www.amsoil.com/a/synthetic-motorcycle-oilThe link shows retail pricing so you can check vs my dealer price quotes..PM me
aceonthebeach3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2011, 03:53 AM   #10
Haji
Adventurer

Oddometer: 52
Leaving SC for Cleveland? that's the crazy part!
Haji is offline   Reply With Quote