ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Racing
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 07-09-2012, 08:59 AM   #976
brents347
Trusting my Cape...
 
brents347's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2006
Location: Where the hell is Truckee, CA?
Oddometer: 3,525
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1 View Post
I like the way you phrased your statement. I've admired Alonso since his two great Renault years when he toppled the Schumacher juggernaut and persevered through all the Schumi Psych-games. He was just a kid then but he kept his cool under stress. I also thought he dealt with the McLaren favortism towards Hamilton admirably and don't believe he was any part of the Tattle-Taleing when McLaren got caught with Ferrari engineering data. He's grown-up a bunch in the last couple years and I think his analytical abilities have helped Ferrari engineers work through bad set-up decisions. He's a passionate Spaniard but he doesn't drive unfairly. I hope he wins at Silverstone and I hope he puts paid to the belief that the RedBulls are unbeatable.
Ouch. Yesterday must be killing you.
__________________
07 Yamaha R6
07 KTM 950 Super Enduro
04 KTM 250exc- plated two-stroke

01 Kawasaki KE100
74 Honda MR50
brents347 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:39 AM   #977
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 74,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
even slow cars are cool:
"We'll just duct tape that suspension strut, you'll be fine."
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:41 AM   #978
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 74,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Ouch. Yesterday must be killing you.
Red Bull have made a Great Leap Forward in the last 2 races. In fair weather, they seem to have the fastest car. I wonder if any other team will match their advancement?
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 01:37 PM   #979
bobobob
badbadbad
 
bobobob's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2011
Location: On a hill
Oddometer: 4,982
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Red Bull have made a Great Leap Forward in the last 2 races. In fair weather, they seem to have the fastest car. I wonder if any other team will match their advancement?
Well, Ferrari has improved the most this year.
That thing was a steaming turd at the beginning of the season.
Lotus have made leaps and bounds.
__________________
.

It is just a bunch of inner tubes Roy . . . - Cannonshot
Growing old is compulsory - growing up is optional. - Haroon
bobobob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 02:05 PM   #980
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 74,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by bobobob View Post
Well, Ferrari has improved the most this year.
That thing was a steaming turd at the beginning of the season.
Lotus have made leaps and bounds.
Agreed. But the field was even until two races ago. It now appears that Red Bull will dominate for the rest of the season, unless someone can match their Great Leap Forward.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 03:17 PM   #981
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs
 
RedRocket's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2003
Location: SoCal
Oddometer: 19,313
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish1 View Post
I like the way you phrased your statement. I've admired Alonso since his two great Renault years when he toppled the Schumacher juggernaut and persevered through all the Schumi Psych-games. He was just a kid then but he kept his cool under stress. I also thought he dealt with the McLaren favortism towards Hamilton admirably and don't believe he was any part of the Tattle-Taleing when McLaren got caught with Ferrari engineering data. He's grown-up a bunch in the last couple years and I think his analytical abilities have helped Ferrari engineers work through bad set-up decisions. He's a passionate Spaniard but he doesn't drive unfairly. I hope he wins at Silverstone and I hope he puts paid to the belief that the RedBulls are unbeatable.
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
Agreed. But the field was even until two races ago. It now appears that Red Bull will dominate for the rest of the season, unless someone can match their Great Leap Forward.


Sadly I'm afraid I have to agree with you about RedBull, but I hope we are both wrong.
RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 04:49 PM   #982
Irish1
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: Paradise,CA
Oddometer: 490
Not at all. I enjoyed seeing Webber's crafty patience as Alonso's tires went off. Webber is like another old-school, straight-speaking driver I admire: Denis Hulme. It was a great race.


Quote:
Originally Posted by brents347 View Post
Ouch. Yesterday must be killing you.
Irish1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:04 AM   #983
O.C.F.RIDER
Loose nut behind h/bars
 
O.C.F.RIDER's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2004
Location: Hewitt,New Jerseystan, OBAMANATION
Oddometer: 4,865
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
as a PS to the weekend.....

was that intro on FOX about the gayest intro to an F1 race ever?
is that the sort of shit NASCAR fans like to see before a race?

fucking hilarious!
Maybe they're trying to snag the WWF crowd.

__________________
http://www.theshining.info/
KTM 950 Adv. "S"...'06 KTM 525 EXC...
'76 MV Agusta 750 America S...'84 Honda VF1000...
'75 Kawi 900 Z1...'90 Kawi ZX11...'03 Kawi ZRX 1200...'01 VOR 400E
O.C.F.RIDER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 06:16 AM   #984
g容g
Canadian living in exile
 
g容g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 41.655984,-71.302657
Oddometer: 6,184
contract extension for Webber.
well done

__________________
Greg
Europe 2013 Europe 2012 Europe 2011 England 2010 Gaspe PQ 2008 Nova Scotia 2007

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #985
Fajita Dave
Studly Adventurer
 
Fajita Dave's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2007
Location: Barboursville, VA
Oddometer: 717
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
"We'll just duct tape that suspension strut, you'll be fine."
I didn't see that the first time I looked at it! I can see taping down wires or something but that one really has me wondering what its there for.
__________________
2008 GSXR 600
2001 CR250R


Fajita Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #986
g容g
Canadian living in exile
 
g容g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 41.655984,-71.302657
Oddometer: 6,184
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
"We'll just duct tape that suspension strut, you'll be fine."
wouldn't even be noticed as unusual in NASCAR
__________________
Greg
Europe 2013 Europe 2012 Europe 2011 England 2010 Gaspe PQ 2008 Nova Scotia 2007

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 09:21 AM   #987
g容g
Canadian living in exile
 
g容g's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2004
Location: 41.655984,-71.302657
Oddometer: 6,184
diffuser comparison











all pics copy-write Tobias Gruner (@tgruener on twitter).
__________________
Greg
Europe 2013 Europe 2012 Europe 2011 England 2010 Gaspe PQ 2008 Nova Scotia 2007

Try to see the world beyond your front door.
g容g is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #988
BMW Kurt
Taker of Pictures
 
BMW Kurt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2006
Location: People's Republic of the United States
Oddometer: 10,302
Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
"We'll just duct tape that suspension strut, you'll be fine."
It's OK. It's metric duct tape.
__________________
"We blew it." -- Wyatt in Easy Rider
Kurt Nugent Photography
My Riding Blog
My Travel Blog
BMW Kurt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:43 AM   #989
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 74,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
as a PS to the weekend.....

was that intro on FOX about the gayest intro to an F1 race ever?
is that the sort of shit NASCAR fans like to see before a race?
I'm sure Sam Posey is a legend and all, but I skip all those goofy intros that Speed does. I get that they want to make each race an event. But those opens are a bit goopy for my taste.
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2012, 10:45 AM   #990
wxwax
Excited Member
 
wxwax's Avatar
 
Joined: Jul 2001
Location: Atlanta, GA
Oddometer: 74,912
Quote:
Originally Posted by g容g View Post
contract extension for Webber.
well done
Does he now sag, like so many pro athletes who play well when they want a contract, then let down once they get it?
__________________
Sid.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 04:48 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014