ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Layin' down tracks > GPS Tracks - Northeast, Southeast & Florida
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Search this Thread Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 12-09-2011, 01:51 PM   #16
XTrooper OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 191
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadkillSix0One View Post
I live in Blakeslee... Near the Race Track... There are lots of cool dirt road you can ride real close...

Do you know where Eckly Miners Village is?

Google it if you dont... Out of the Parking lot, where the old Mine car is.... Go Staight...towards what looks like a pit/mine area.

Stay to your Left... You will see a dirt road going down and then to the Rigt. Follow that all the way across the mountain, you will wind up on valley Rd... Continue straight for about a mile past the campground... look for Caplos Rd. Take a Right... Ride that over to Lehigh Gorge Rd.

This is a video of a tunnel you can ride though in Near Hazleton... (Just watch out.....Often Lots of Deep Water...) I see lots of post talking about Lofty Tunnel.. I am not sure this is it or not. I had it tagged on a GPS and road through it twice, but since lost the data and have not been able to find it. I think if I focused on it.. I could..

http://youtu.be/Ip7j4xR_SlE

The Attached image is the start of the Ride from Eckley's
Hey, thanks a TON for this info! Yes, I know all that area like the back of my hand; Eckley, Buck Mountain, Tannery Road, Hickory Run, etc, but only the paved roads. This is a BIG help and I really appreciate it!

I was just at Hickory Run State Park on Monday (from 61F on Monday to a fracking snowstorm Weds night ), stopped at Boulder Field, and rode over that low water bridge on the way out. It had about 8" of water flowing over it and my 90/10 Pirelli Scorpion Trails spun a bit on the wet rocks, but they handled the hard-pack dirt and loose gravel surprisingly well. I'm going to try to wear these out as fast as I can and replace them with a set of Heidenau K60 Scouts. I think they'll be enough of an off-road tire to suit my needs.

Thanks again!

Here's a pic of me at Hickory Run State Park with Boulder Field in the background.
NJ State Trooper #3936 (retired 4/1/1991)
2011 BMW F800GS - Alpine White
2009 BMW R1200RT - sapphire black metallic (sold)
XTrooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:53 PM   #17
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by RoadkillSix0One View Post
Trans PA Trail!... Cool... I was talking to some guys on another thread about creating one... I know the way from Milford to west Luzerne moslty off road... I will check that data out... Thanks!
The TPAT picks up in Frenchtown NJ where the Trans NJ trail ends, then heads NW towards PA grand canyon, west to Emporium then south to Michaux state forest where it picks up the Trans WV trail.

The towns you name are north of where the trans PA traiil goes.

BUT, :) we need a route from Hancock NY to PA grand canyon (or Wellsboro). For the campgrounds to work out, you need to eat lunch in Wellsboro. This allows riders to bypass the Trans NJ Trail if they want.

If your interested, PM me and I can send what I drew on the maps.

Will
Old 04-19-2012, 06:03 PM   #18
XTrooper OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Well, I finally did the Tower Road portion of the TPT yesterday which is located in Schuylkill County. After I got deep into it, I was wondering what in hell I was doing there , but I got through the whole length with no problems and I have to say it really built my confidence and gave me a sense of pride when I finally hit tarmac again in Brandonville in one piece.

I also have to say that I'm genuinely impressed with my F800GS. Even with its 90/10 Pirelli Scorpion Trail tires, wherever I pointed it, it went without complaint. If it started to feel a little unstable, I goosed the throttle a little and it got right back into shape.

Sixty might not be the best age for someone to start their off-road riding adventures, but I'm stoked!

XTrooper screwed with this post 04-19-2012 at 06:26 PM
Old 04-19-2012, 06:19 PM   #19
TowPro
Healing time Sucks

Oddometer: 2,662
Quote:
Originally Posted by XTrooper View Post
Well, I finally did the Tower Road portion of the TPT yesterday which is located in Schuylkill County. After I got deep into it, I was wondering what in hell I was doing there , but I got through the whole length with no problems and I have to say it really built my confidence and gave me a sense of pride when I finally hit tarmac again in Brandonville in one piece.

I also have to say that I'm genuinely impressed with my F800GS. Even with its 90/10 Pirelli Scorpion Trails tires, wherever I pointed it, it went without complaint. If it started to feel a little unstable, I goosed the throttle a little and it got right back into shape.

Sixty might not be the best age for someone to start their off-road riding adventures, but I'm stoked!

Glad to hear you enjoyed my route (the Trans PA Trail or TPAT). This summer you need to ride more if it.
The rest of it is also fun. The rest is a little more maintained stone road type tower road, but great views and fun is hell.

I will be finishing the western 1/2 this spring/summer
Old 04-19-2012, 06:26 PM   #20
XTrooper OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by towpro View Post
Glad to hear you enjoyed my route (the Trans PA Trail or TPAT). This summer you need to ride more if it.
The rest of it is also fun. The rest is a little more maintained stone road type tower road, but great views and fun is hell.

I will be finishing the western 1/2 this spring/summer
I'll be looking forward to it and thanks for all your efforts! I'm a little sore today, but I had a blast!