User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-07-2013, 04:03 PM   #1
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Oddometer: 9,604
BMW airhead themed shirts, etc...

Folks, I mentioned in a thread about my project R75/5 I started a few days ago that I designed some art for my friends Wes and Rachel Burden, who own and operate Apex Cycle Shop here in Ellijay, Georgia. After much asking in that thread I decided to start a vendors thread so y'all can contact Wes and get hooked up with the wares, and my own restoration thread won't get booted for being spam .

Just to be clear, I am not personally selling this stuff. This is my good friend's shop. He knows I've started this thread so feel free to tell him you saw the shirts on Flux's ADV thread. They specialize in restoration and maintenance of vintage BMWs amongst other things. If you own one of these bikes and ever have questions, need parts, or need service please contact them. Wes is super-meticulous and is hands down the best wrench I've ever worked with.

For the first design, we went with the classic R75/5 "toaster" bike. I hand-drew these images and 99% of the logo they are using now. These are high quality American Apparel t-shirts. They fit a bit more on the athletic side. So order up if you are in between sizes. Bike images are on the back. Logo on the front left breast. Shirts are $15 plus USPS flat rate shipping.

The 2nd image is Rachel's bike, a 1954 R51/3 that was passed onto her from her mentor who is now riding the curvy roads in the sky. We call this one the 'Ghost Bike'.

They also got some oil rags done with their toaster-inspired logo. $2.00.

And lastly, they did porcelain camp mugs with their logo, but I can't find mine for some reason. $12 for these. I'll post a pic when I can.

I'll post the original art in a few minutes, too, since these pics don't really show the detail in the designs.

www.apexcycleshop.com
wes@apexcycleshop.com

flux_capacitor screwed with this post 02-07-2013 at 04:18 PM
flux_capacitor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2013, 04:13 PM   #2
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Original toaster art. Drew in ink, in black and white, and we reversed it to put it on a black shirt.

And the /3

Old 02-07-2013, 04:48 PM   #3
JonnyCash
turd polisher

Oddometer: 1,417
Thanks for putting this up. I think I'm going to get myself one and one for an old friend. Nice artwork there, sir!
Old 02-07-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Bill Harris
Confirmed Curmudgeon

Oddometer: 6,618
Great.

Coupla inevitable questions: do they prefer call-in or eMail orders? Payment by PayPal or Visa/MC/AmEx?

--Bill
Old 02-08-2013, 02:50 AM   #5
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Thanks guys! Bill I *think* they are set up on credit cards but I know for a fact he uses Paypal. Email or phone, either way is fine. They are working on an e-commerce site as I type this, too.

Keep in mind when you call, if he doesn't answer straight away, his arms might be elbow deep into a project and its a mom n pop shop.
Old 02-08-2013, 06:45 AM   #6
Sutherngintelmen
around the bend

Oddometer: 1,171
Nice art, Flux . A friend of mine had some American Apparel t's made for an event this Fall - they are very good quality. . Going to grab one and maybe a rag or two.
There is a pleasure in the pathed woods, There is a rapture in the smoking pipe, There is chaos, where none intrudes, in the deep dell, with its thrills roar; I love not nature less, but bikes the more. Byron riding.

All pics < 6/30/12 deleted by Apple Now with SmugMug supporting ADV
Sutherngintelmen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2013, 01:02 PM   #7
flux_capacitor OP
I know a shortcut!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sutherngintelmen View Post
Nice art, Flux . A friend of mine had some American Apparel t's made for an event this Fall - they are very good quality. . Going to grab one and maybe a rag or two.
Thanks for the comment! I really like the fit of the AA shirts.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:12 PM   #8
FriedDuck
Why die all tensed up?

Oddometer: 406
Nice! Thanks for putting up the info. Hope we don't annoy the hell out of Wes with all the calls! It's gonna be embarrassing when we all show up wearing the same shirt. :ymca
FriedDuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2013, 08:19 PM   #9
JustBob
Uh...who me?

Oddometer: 715
Thumb

I've been to this shop and can attest to the quality of their work. Might need to go by an visit just to see what's on the work stand and buy a shirt. Nice oil rag too.
'11 WR250R
'88 R100RS
JustBob is online now   Reply With Quote