Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-02-2012, 06:40 PM   #226
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Has Baja Designs or another company thought of this market???

watch it until it gets to be night time.... :

http://www.wimp.com/sheepart

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 08:29 AM   #227
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtoc View Post
Yo BD guys,

this light looks like the ticket but i need it B4 april 15th. Any chance of that happening?

It would replace stocker light on 2012 500 xc-w, is this plug and play or will i be splicing wires?

Thanks,
John

Hey Guys,

That's an Awesome video by the way motoged sheep herding art might be tough industry to get into though.

Jtoc, we will definately have everything ready to go by then, I will be taking pre-orders and orders in the next few days here, so as soon as everything is in they will ship out. I will let everyone know when I can start taking orders, thanks for your patience we really do appreciate it. If you have any questions please feel free to let me know.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
(760)560-2252 EXT.124
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2012, 02:45 PM   #228
motoged
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 865
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
Hey Guys,
That's an Awesome video by the way motoged sheep herding art might be tough industry to get into though.
(760)560-2252 EXT.124
Gord,
I am glad you appreciate the notion.

I have a friend in Nevada who had a hard time convincing the judge, "Yer honor...I was jes helpin that ewe over the fence."

Baja '05 , Baja 06/07 , Baja 08/09 , BC Alpine Single Track

motoged is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 11:43 AM   #229
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

PWM dimmer switch

The Baja Designs PWM dimmer switch is now available, for more information and pricing please feel free to PM or call me. Unfortunately we have about another week until Squadrons are available, but the dimmer switch is available and I can start taking orders. I want to thank everyone for being so patient Baja Designs and I really do appreciate it. Also don't forget about the ADV discount.

Thanks,

Gordon Allen
Baja Designs
(760)560-2252 EXT.124

PWM Dimmer LINK

This is a PWM dimmer switch that is designed to work with Baja Designs LED lights.
It is capable of dimming up to (2) SQUADRON 3" x 3" LEDs, a 20" STEALTH bar, & a Double Stryk vehicle kit
(Individually, not all together).
The dimmer switch allows for these lights to adjust from 0-100% in 5% increments via a handheld remote(switch).

• 96Watt/ 8Amp Max Output
  • 100% WATERPROOF
  • For Use with LED lights ONLY
  • For Squadron up to (2)
  • For Stealth 10" & 20"
Old 04-04-2012, 05:24 PM   #230
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,801
Thanks for following thru with the dimmer. Couple questions:

Once the dimmer is set with the key fob will it hold that setting when the power is cycled? BWOE, if I set a level before leaving on a trip with the key fob and then leave the fob at home, will the light turn on at the previously set level 3 days later when I am on my ride?

Can you give me the size of the dimmer unit?

Lastly, will you PM me the price?

I have all the parts sitting on my bench to build one with a remote, waterproof adjustment knob. But projects being what they are, it would be faster for me to just buy yours if it will hold my "low beam" setting.

Thanks,
Old 04-04-2012, 07:20 PM   #231
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 1,989
Been lurking this thread for a while and planning to order a Squadron for the trailbike but do need a dimmer for getting to the trailhead..

Just my 2 cents - and not to bash because this is some great innovation - but remote key fob sounds way too fancy for a dirtbike. I want simple waterproof connections that I can tear apart and fix with safety wire, zip ties and duct tape if needed. I was hoping for a very simple relay setup.

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2012, 08:13 PM   #232
cyborg
Potius Sero Quam Numquam

Oddometer: 4,964
Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
The Baja Designs PWM dimmer switch is now available, for more information and pricing please feel free to PM or call me.
This is a PWM dimmer switch that is designed to work with Baja Designs LED lights.
It is capable of dimming up to (2) SQUADRON 3" x 3" LEDs, a 20" STEALTH bar, & a Double Stryk vehicle kit
(Individually, not all together).
The dimmer switch allows for these lights to adjust from 0-100% in 5% increments via a handheld remote(switch).
  • 96Watt/ 8Amp Max Output
  • 100% WATERPROOF
  • For Use with LED lights ONLY
  • For Squadron up to (2)
  • For Stealth 10" & 20"

Thanks Gordon,

A few questions:

Is the remote also 100% waterproof, and how long does it last if it got daily use? Is the battery in the remote replaceable?

Has the BD team user tested this out? It seems like a remote dimmer like that would be hard to use on a bike, especially dirtbike, and distracting fumbling for the small buttons with gloves on.

I also wonder how fast it ramps up and down since you have to toggle up and down in small increments. Would have to find a way to mount it on a dirtbike since many dirtbikes don't have a key to put a key fob on. Velcro?

Like was mentioned a simple input, like 2-wire a trim-pot input would have been really great, allowing a quick remote dial adjust or relay switching of fixed resistors to instantly toggle to preset levels.

BTW, when I saw this design I immediately thought of ceiling fan/light remote dimmers...
cyborg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 06:36 AM   #233
NovaMoto
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 133
I'm loving this headlight but the wireless dimmer has me stumped. I'm all for something hardwired, rugged and easily accessible..
NovaMoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 10:09 AM   #234
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
Thanks for following thru with the dimmer. Couple questions:

Once the dimmer is set with the key fob will it hold that setting when the power is cycled? BWOE, if I set a level before leaving on a trip with the key fob and then leave the fob at home, will the light turn on at the previously set level 3 days later when I am on my ride?

Can you give me the size of the dimmer unit?

Lastly, will you PM me the price?

I have all the parts sitting on my bench to build one with a remote, waterproof adjustment knob. But projects being what they are, it would be faster for me to just buy yours if it will hold my "low beam" setting.

Thanks,
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
Been lurking this thread for a while and planning to order a Squadron for the trailbike but do need a dimmer for getting to the trailhead..

Just my 2 cents - and not to bash because this is some great innovation - but remote key fob sounds way too fancy for a dirtbike. I want simple waterproof connections that I can tear apart and fix with safety wire, zip ties and duct tape if needed. I was hoping for a very simple relay setup.
Quote:
Originally Posted by cyborg View Post
Thanks Gordon,

A few questions:

Is the remote also 100% waterproof, and how long does it last if it got daily use? Is the battery in the remote replaceable?

Has the BD team user tested this out? It seems like a remote dimmer like that would be hard to use on a bike, especially dirtbike, and distracting fumbling for the small buttons with gloves on.

I also wonder how fast it ramps up and down since you have to toggle up and down in small increments. Would have to find a way to mount it on a dirtbike since many dirtbikes don't have a key to put a key fob on. Velcro?

Like was mentioned a simple input, like 2-wire a trim-pot input would have been really great, allowing a quick remote dial adjust or relay switching of fixed resistors to instantly toggle to preset levels.

BTW, when I saw this design I immediately thought of ceiling fan/light remote dimmers...

Hey Guys,

Thanks for your interest and patience I will try to answer all your questions as best as possible.

MJS, The dimmer switch will keep the light on the same setting that it has been set on. So if you set it and leave it, when you start the bike it will remain on that setting. The dimmer box itself is 3" wide by 2 " tall and will come with Velcro for mounting options. The price is $49.95 msrp + the forum 10% discount. I understand wanting to build one, I know you have been waiting for awhile, but we believe everyone will really be happy this dimmer switch.

Cyborg, The remote is 100% waterproof, I will get the exact specs. on the battery as far as longevity, but I know it lasts a long time and the battery is replaceable. The Dimmer switch is user tested by several people at BD as all products are, we did not find issues with using the remote; a user should not be adjusting the light all the time, especially at high speeds. You can use Velcro or mount it to your bike, really it's what works best for each individual user(personal preference) The switch toggles between brightness extremely fast by either holding the button down or passing through each level by clicking.

thump_co, thanks for the input I will pass it along to our engineers

Overall we are extremely happy with the design and the fact we were able to make a fully 100% waterproof switch, we hope you guys will enjoy using it. I hope I answered your questions and just let me know if you have anymore.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
Old 04-06-2012, 08:46 AM   #235
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Baja Designs Pwm dimmer switch does have the high beam bypass.

Thanks,

Gordon BD
Old 04-06-2012, 08:55 AM   #236
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
Quote:
Originally Posted by traveltoad View Post
AWESOME!

Now I just need you to make an adaptor for my Super Enduro!!
Yes, I too would want one for my SE.

Will you folks at BD be able to supply this to us?

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 08:58 AM   #237
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

I will check into guys.

Thanks,

BD
Old 04-06-2012, 09:00 AM   #238
ktm950se
Banned

Oddometer: 1,385
What about making this light to work for those of us with low output AC dirt bikes, like the KDX 200/220?
Even though Kawasaki ceased production of these models a few years ago, they were, arguably, the most prolific dirt bike ever produced, and as such, there are many thousands of these bikes still in use today.

This is a huge market that would gladly pay for a chance to update from the feeble, stock 35 watt headlight bulb these bikes were originally equipped with.

ktm950se
ktm950se is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2012, 12:13 PM   #239
MJS
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,801
Gordon,

More questions. Can you post a wiring diagram? Specifically, does the high beam bypass connect to the hi-beam wire of a stock headlight switch (+12V)? When in High beam bypass mode, does the other +12V input (red wire) have to remain powered?

Makes a difference if we are wiring this to the stock hi-low headlight wiring. On a bike with a dual filament lamp like an H4, only one circuit is hot at a time. Either the low beam or the high beam but not both at the same time.

Thanks,
Old 04-06-2012, 12:21 PM   #240
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Here you go guys.

Thanks,

Gordon Allen