ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 10:03 PM   #406
MJS
Beastly Adventurer
 
MJS's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2005
Location: Ventura, CA
Oddometer: 1,800
Quote:
The downfall of two squadrons would be it would require a one off custom mounts.
How about using a Fuego mount with the dual mount plate (or a custom plate if the spacings is off).
__________________
"You can follow me, but it's gonna hurt"
MJS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 08:59 AM   #407
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by n16ht5 View Post


Squadron ready to go for the weekend.. might need to add a dimmer switch for the road but hopefully not. Very nice machining on the housing... the fins are beefy and so is everything else.

I upgraded to this from HID and the difference was significant. The throw is just so much farther.



Looks great. Thanks for the support
Have fun this weekend!
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 09:00 AM   #408
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by MJS View Post
How about using a Fuego mount with the dual mount plate (or a custom plate if the spacings is off).
I will take a look at one of the dual Fuego mounts and let you guys know
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2012, 02:48 PM   #409
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
It can be done with a dual Fuego mount and two squadrons instead of Fuegos
So no custom mounts needed for two Squadrons.
Thanks
Mike
BD
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2012, 03:21 PM   #410
bhorocks
Gnarly Adventurer
 
bhorocks's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Phoenix az
Oddometer: 340
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
I would say that the fill, or lack of, is ONE of the issues that I am not pleased with while using the dual 8" system. I am currently running 35 watt spot and 35 watt flood HID lamps. The projected light seems too segmented. By that I mean that I do not have a WALL of light beginning at the edge of my peripheral vision and continuing out evenly to the furthest reaches of the spot.




thanks for doing the leg work...

me, i want at least equal lighting as the dual 8" soltek lights but half the weight... thats my interest in LEDs for my 950SE.
bhorocks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 08:24 AM   #411
LukasM
Beastly Adventurer
 
Joined: Nov 2006
Location: On a RTW ride - currently Central Asia
Oddometer: 5,333
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
I would say that the fill, or lack of, is ONE of the issues that I am not pleased with while using the dual 8" system. I am currently running 35 watt spot and 35 watt flood HID lamps. The projected light seems too segmented. By that I mean that I do not have a WALL of light beginning at the edge of my peripheral vision and continuing out evenly to the furthest reaches of the spot.

The flood does ok up close, however in order for the flood to seemlessly transition to the spots beam, I need to place the flood too far in front of the bike for my tastes, leaving the immediate area in front of the bike too dim.

Over hilly terrain the effect is accentuated. I outrun the light too quickly. In highway traffic, the issues are obvious.

Adjusting the throw of the light pattern is always going on and creates a distraction. I also have a very pronounced "jiggle" of the light pattern when on bumpy ground. I have replaced gromments, and have used rubber under-lay with the fork mounted brackets. The lamps are secured by the wire hasp, and seem snug. The protective cage is firmly attached but the "jiggling" of the lights remain, frustrating......

Now I am contemplating corrective measures, which surely will require a differant set-up. The Super Enduro has a Speedo/instrument cluster mounted to the stock headlight mask. When I went to the dual 8" set-up, I had to create a dash on the support frame of the dual lights. I will need to account for the mounting location of the speedo with the next set-up I purchase.

Without the stock front light mask, Super Enduro owners will need some sort of fabricated support structure that provides a location for the speedo/instrument gauge, as well as the new lights. BD can do this I am sure. There has been quite of few SE owners chirp in on this thread asking for a BD system manufacted for the SE. Kind of a small part of the market, but needful all the same.

The onyx seems to be a system that would address the issues I have listed. You mentioned going with two squadron lights, the conundrum exists within how one can combine the squadron lights and the instruments together.

I have seen rally fairing systems that have accomplished this need. I am unwilling to invest the funds required to attain this type of system. Well, at least at this point I am.

Highwaydirtbikes has the perfect setup to mount 2 Squadrons and instruments/GPS etc to KTM triple clamps, should also work on the SE.

It's not officially out yet but if you email Paul at hdb@highwaydirtbikes.com about his rallye lite setup he should have some pics for you. You can use my name as reference.

Really nice kit.
__________________
RTW trip blog: https://www.facebook.com/AroundTheWorldWithLukasM
LukasM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2012, 09:44 AM   #412
cross-country
.
 
cross-country's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by LukasM View Post
Highwaydirtbikes has the perfect setup to mount 2 Squadrons and instruments/GPS etc to KTM triple clamps, should also work on the SE.

It's not officially out yet but if you email Paul at hdb@highwaydirtbikes.com about his rallye lite setup he should have some pics for you. You can use my name as reference.

Really nice kit.
PDF,
If you would like I could mount my HDB RL (the HDB part Lukas is talking about) on my SE and take a pic.

I am making a Squadron mount for the stock SE mask for a buddy, I can show you a pic when done. It will be a couple weeks. I can't imagine BD could justify the time investment in a discontinued model, but if you own an SE you are probably pretty familiar with your toolbox!
cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2012, 05:51 AM   #413
pfdskipper
Westside Trash
 
pfdskipper's Avatar
 
Joined: May 2009
Location: Litchfield Park, Az
Oddometer: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
PDF,
If you would like I could mount my HDB RL (the HDB part Lukas is talking about) on my SE and take a pic.

I am making a Squadron mount for the stock SE mask for a buddy, I can show you a pic when done. It will be a couple weeks. I can't imagine BD could justify the time investment in a discontinued model, but if you own an SE you are probably pretty familiar with your toolbox!
That would be mighty nice of you, I would like to see that on an SE. I seem to recall someone posting up that HDB rig previously, might have been the Geek ???

Lukas, thank you!

Sorry for the hijack BD
pfdskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2012, 11:51 AM   #414
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
No worries guys. Id like to see some pics of the HDB rig as well
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 04:06 AM   #415
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer
 
ballisticexchris's Avatar
 
Joined: Apr 2007
Location: Costa Mesa CA
Oddometer: 775
This is kind of a cross thread but I can't resist!

This is no trick photo bullshit. In fact the pictures do no justice at all.

Stock headlamp high beam:



Double Strykr on high:



I'm curious how much more light the squadron will put out. It is, after all, twice the bulbs as the Double Strykr.
I can't say enough good about Baja Designs products.
__________________
Happy Trails
Chris
05 KTM300EXC, 07 Ninja 650R
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2012, 05:08 PM   #416
cross-country
.
 
cross-country's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2005
Location: Grand Junction, CO
Oddometer: 1,523
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfdskipper View Post
That would be mighty nice of you, I would like to see that on an SE. I seem to recall someone posting up that HDB rig previously, might have been the Geek ???

Lukas, thank you!

Sorry for the hijack BD
Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.
It is not a bolt on deal since the kits backbone does not fit the 950's rubber mounted triples. It would be easily adaptable however,

cross-country is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #417
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
This is kind of a cross thread but I can't resist!

This is no trick photo bullshit. In fact the pictures do no justice at all.

Stock headlamp high beam:



Double Strykr on high:



I'm curious how much more light the squadron will put out. It is, after all, twice the bulbs as the Double Strykr.
I can't say enough good about Baja Designs products.
Your right its double the brightness of a Double Stryk they both use T6 bin XML LED bulbs. Im sure you'd love it as well

Thanks so much for the support Chris
Have fun riding
Mike
BD
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 02:36 PM   #418
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by cross-country View Post
Sorry for the crappy cellphone pic.
It is not a bolt on deal since the kits backbone does not fit the 950's rubber mounted triples. It would be easily adaptable however,
Very cool. This is from HDB?
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2012, 06:46 PM   #419
Ned Kelly
Adventurer
 
Joined: Jul 2012
Oddometer: 27
I noticed the new wide cornering lense for the Squadron light on your website......
.http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=660017
Any night shots of Squadron Wide Cornering beam?
Ned Kelly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2012, 08:10 AM   #420
Baja Designs
Baja Designs
 
Baja Designs's Avatar
 
Joined: Jan 2012
Location: san marcos, ca
Oddometer: 507
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ned Kelly View Post
I noticed the new wide cornering lense for the Squadron light on your website......
.http://www.bajadesigns.com/ProductDe...mNumber=660017
Any night shots of Squadron Wide Cornering beam?
Hey ned kelly
Unfortunately not yet but we should have some soon
__________________
www.BAJADESIGNS.com
christian@bajadesigns.com
760 560 2252 ext 126
Like our facebook page for all the latest BD news:https://www.facebook.com/BajaDesigns...gy?ref=tn_tnmn
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 08:50 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014