Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-05-2014, 11:16 PM   #706
tijuana
Farkling Around

Oddometer: 204
A image of my SQUADRON is in this video from the 23-26 mark and somewhere else too

Check it out.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=amVUEhUTAiY
tijuana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 01:09 PM   #707
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
I can't get my head wrapped around why this lamp needs a dimmer. What is the reason for a dimmer? It's just something else in the electrical system to fail. In fact my whole system is converted to DC only for ease of diagnosing issues.

I've had mine for a year and a half. No dimmer for me. I want full power at all times. No problem with the law either. Works perfect for single track to freeway blasts.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 06:38 PM   #708
thetable
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,370
Quote:
Originally Posted by ballisticexchris View Post
I can't get my head wrapped around why this lamp needs a dimmer. What is the reason for a dimmer? It's just something else in the electrical system to fail. In fact my whole system is converted to DC only for ease of diagnosing issues.

I've had mine for a year and a half. No dimmer for me. I want full power at all times. No problem with the law either. Works perfect for single track to freeway blasts.

Because I don't want oncoming traffic to be experiencing flash blindness while heading my direction.
thetable is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 08:09 PM   #709
Shaggie
Unseen University

Oddometer: 2,606
+1

its about being considerate too

"We are not at home to Mr Reasonable" - Sam Vimes

NZ Touring pics:Brass Monkey 2009:Kiwi Sun:Tiki-touring: Daytrips in NZ
Shaggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 09:26 PM   #710
ballisticexchris
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 820
Quote:
Originally Posted by thetable View Post
Because I don't want oncoming traffic to be experiencing flash blindness while heading my direction.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggie View Post
+1

its about being considerate too
How about spending some time adjusting the headlamp instead. Not being a smart ass. I did exactly that.

I used my wife, mother, father, and random friends at night, at different distances facing me in low profile cars, and high profile SUV's and trucks. I spent a lot of time and effort to get the aim just right. I have yet for someone to flash back their high beams.

IMO, if you have to dim your lamp at oncoming traffic then the aim is way to high. I did a lot of testing to get a great compromise for singletrack to 80mph freeway rides.

Here is an example of mine. Keep in mind these are on hills and I'm stopped. When riding at pace it aims out farther. It was a lot more effort than going the "easy way" with a dimmer. But the results are well worth it.

Hard core singletrack:

It took me two good evenings of trimming, drilling, and tweaking the headlamp mask to get it just right.

Fine adjustments can be made with the screw below the light. IMO, a way better option than slapping on a dimmer switch.
2012 Beta 520RS PLATED!!
ballisticexchris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:08 PM   #711
photomike
Top-notch MoFo

Oddometer: 42
dude, where'd you get the LED turn signal Cycra handguards? those are sweet!

Cheers,
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baja Designs View Post
More pictures of the 08-12

photomike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2014, 03:11 PM   #712
Queen of Spades
tall drink of water

Oddometer: 844
Quote:
Originally Posted by photomike View Post
dude, where'd you get the LED turn signal Cycra handguards? those are sweet!

Cheers,
Mike
Try this thread:
http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=422248
Old 04-14-2014, 05:57 PM   #713
amockalypsenow
dirtybiker cam smith

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moto29 View Post
[SIZE=3]DCT3416:
NOTE TO BAJA DESIGNS: I too have a problem with the Squadron light touching my Rectifier (CDI) box in full left turn lock. (Read more below with photo's)
[/COLOR]
I'm not sure if people still do it, but all the enduro racers used to relocate their CDIs to get more left hand steering lock-to-lock. This would kill two birds with one stone, no?
Old 04-15-2014, 04:02 AM   #714
amockalypsenow
dirtybiker cam smith

Oddometer: 199
Squadron XL-R dimming.

I have just received a squadron XL-R (thanks to Baja Designs) for making such an awesome light here in the USA and for great customer service!) as well as a skene dimming box, and I am looking for a way to make them work together...

According to the Skene site, I have just now learned, these two products are incompatible.

I would like to be able to dim my XL-R to less than 50%...

How can I do it???

Also, if I don't run the dimmer box- do I need to wire in a relay?

Thanks!

(edit : turns out the skene dimmer can be used - just disregard the control wire on the xl and follow the skene instructions included with dimmer)

amockalypsenow screwed with this post 04-18-2014 at 04:07 PM
amockalypsenow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 06:07 AM   #715
moto125
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Hi all. Im new here as i just picked up my first ever ktm. Just installed the squadron xl and skene IQ-175A programmable dimmer onto my brand new 2014 500exc. This thread helped me figure out that the dangling red wire on the dimmer needed to go to any ignition controlled hot. Thanks guys for that info because the directions didn't mention that little necessity, and i began to lose my mind for awhile. But after I figured that out the light worked perfectly. Was able to program the low beam brightness super easy by just turning the key, waiting until the headlight flashed, then flipping on the highbeam quickly 3 times. Then flip the highbeam on and off to move up in brightness in 10% intervals. Once you see a low beam brightness you like, turn the ignition off. Super simple. Thanks Baja designs for an awesome product.

I also don't have any rubbing of the cdi. Using the adjustability in the brackets supplied I was able to aim my light properly and no bumping anything at full turn.
On a different note, there sure are a lot of wires floating around behind the front number plate. Lots

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

moto125 screwed with this post 04-15-2014 at 07:12 AM
moto125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2014, 07:28 PM   #716
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
I could PM you but might as well post here in case someone else is interested. I got my squadron light mounted on the ktm. I haven't ridden with it yet other then at dusk around the back yard. But I am thinking of getting the wide cornering kit pt#66-0001. So this will work with the pt#49-7051 light kit correct? I think it will work better then the spot light.

And now the big part. Through your website the lens is 25 bucks. Shipping to Alberta is 48 bucks?????????? Something is just a bit off there considering it could be mailed in a bubble envelope.
Old 04-23-2014, 07:33 PM   #717
the_real_wild1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 146
Oops. I scrolled down to see different rates. The cheapest is 15 bucks. Little closer. Can you send me a adv discount code I can enter or is the only way by calling in? The call might cost the same as the discount
Old 04-24-2014, 03:08 AM   #718
Noyah
poser

Oddometer: 396
A pic of my 690 Enduro R 2011 with Squadron XL and mask for KTM 2014

--> My Movies <--
Noyah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 09:31 AM   #719
Baja Designs
Baja Designs

Oddometer: 525
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_real_wild1 View Post
Oops. I scrolled down to see different rates. The cheapest is 15 bucks. Little closer. Can you send me a adv discount code I can enter or is the only way by calling in? The call might cost the same as the discount
The only way to receive the discount is to call in, and having me place the order directly. Let me know if you need any more information, thanks - Christian
760 560 2252 ext 126 and/or ext.123
Baja Designs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #720
MaxThePanda
Psycho Panda

Oddometer: 82
What's the deal on the new Squadron Sport?

How does it compare to the Squadron? Yes, it's cheaper and sits down the range, but it's also newer. Does it have newer tech? Is the real world performance much down on the Squadron? Which I now see is called Squadron Pro - that 12oz weight appeals on a dirt bike - the XL looks too big and heavy.

Looking at a pair of them to fit in a HDB fairing on a rallye-lite KTM 500 for general rough touring and a 3000km rallye later this year.
MaxThePanda is offline   Reply With Quote