User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-01-2011, 03:53 PM   #1
bajarider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 402
Tarmac to batopilas

Well, today in the morning having breakfast and watching the national news in Televisa (national TV chain), president Calderon were in Batopilas yesterday and comitted with the people in the town to start to improved the road to Batopilas with pavement!!
So he said federal resources are there, my mandate come to end next year, just need the resources from Chihuahua state to came along.

English speakers,Get the idea?

So, like the road from San Felipe to Gonzaga Bay and to Highway 1 here in Baja. Pavement starts to move to riding destinations.

Bajarider

When the U.S. and Canada enter rehab, we can kiss drug cartels goodbye.
bajarider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #2
bajarider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Link

This is the link to the Yotube video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=Gqwb0CgLPm4

From minute 16:40 to 19:00, Felipe Caderon says is a $600 million pesos investment.

Old 02-06-2012, 12:11 PM   #3
larshoejberg

Oddometer: 100
Quote:
Originally Posted by bajarider View Post
Pavement starts to move to riding destinations.
Yeah, so we noticed when we were there a couple of month ago - they were clearly preparing the road for what seemed to be a new surface. - just glad we made it before it is paved.
On the other hand. There´s still the way out of Barranca del Cobre towards Choix. It´ll probably take another decade before they start paving that road
/Lars

Winning, is the science of being totally prepared!
larshoejberg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2012, 02:15 PM   #4
damasovi
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,622
this is one of those thing we (riders) don't like but the people (the ones that live there) will benefit from it.

I teach Economics and I always ask my students who has gone from here (Ensenada) to La Paz or Los Cabos, many have not, and I always ask them, why? is it the road? and some say yes, then I ask them, would you or your family would be more willing to go if the road was 4 lanes instead of 4? and you had a gas station with gas and a 7-11 or Oxxo every 60-100 miles? and now the vast majority say yes!!

This example I guess this also applies to Botapilas, that is the poorest town in Mexico (or in the top 5) so this way more can come, trade will follow and money too.

So I am happy they are doing this even if it means "loosing" some dirt roads no matter how great they are.

Damasovi
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2012, 03:37 PM   #5
bajarider OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
this is one of those thing we (riders) don't like but the people (the ones that live there) will benefit from it.

I teach Economics and I always ask my students who has gone from here (Ensenada) to La Paz or Los Cabos, many have not, and I always ask them, why? is it the road? and some say yes, then I ask them, would you or your family would be more willing to go if the road was 4 lanes instead of 4(two will be better)? and you had a gas station with gas and a 7-11 or Oxxo every 60-100 miles? and now the vast majority say yes!!

This example I guess this also applies to Botapilas, that is the poorest town in Mexico (or in the top 5) so this way more can come, trade will follow and money too.

So I am happy they are doing this even if it means "loosing" some dirt roads no matter how great they are.

Damasovi
Damaso, the same thing is happening with Bahia San Luis Gonzaga , there's only 8.6 miles of dirt to get there, like someone said "any bike can doit now".

Saludos