User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-09-2012, 03:12 PM   #16
bogriffinrides
Adventurer

Oddometer: 80
bike Rental

I too rented a bike from Mototouring with good success (and, had a great trip). I know it is expensive, but a great trip. Good luck with your journey.

Bo Griffin
http://www.bogriffinrides.com/html/Italy2012.htm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luna Negra View Post
Would like to rent a bike in Italy for three weeks for 2-up travel next year. Looking for something to pick up in Milan and drop off in Rome with no mileage fees. Can anybody recommend a good provider? From the prices I see on-line, it's almost cheaper to buy a scooter than rent a bike. Thanks!
Old 11-09-2014, 03:48 PM   #17
Jedi Apprentice
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 202
Anyone have any recent experiences with any motorcycle rentals in Italy? Looking to rent for at least a week next May.

Philadelphia, PA
Jedi Apprentice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:51 AM   #18
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,193
I haven't rented in Italy since 2008, but the usual suspects (BiancoBlu, MotoTouring & AdMo) are still in business - so either they're doing something right or have a steady stream of one-time customers.

I've heard good and bad things about all of them. My only experience is with BiancoBlu (3 rentals) and I had good experiences each time.
Michael J. - IBA #3901
Ten years in the Alps (so far)
Alpine Trip Reports: 2006, 2007, 2009
Pictures, pictures and more pictures
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2014, 03:04 PM   #19
despistao
Adventurer

Oddometer: 96
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jedi Apprentice View Post
Anyone have any recent experiences with any motorcycle rentals in Italy? Looking to rent for at least a week next May.
I rented a BMW R1200 GS LC in Milano, last August, for a wonderfull 10 days trip around the Swiss Alps, Stevio, Gavia and Italian Dolomiti mountains.

http://www.motorbikerentitaly.com/

A Brand new bike, with barely 9.000 km on it, almost new tyres, fully equipped (riding modes, Dynamic ESA, led lights, heated grips - believe me, i had to use them in august, Stelvio summit was 6 degrees Celsius and raining, 2 OEM panniers, OEM top case and Sat Nav preparation - i brought my own Navigator)

Being such a big city (at least for european standars), it was an easy place to reach. I landed in Milano Malpensa airport around midday, took the Malpensa Express train to Milano Cadorna Station + a short ride by taxi and, not more tan one hour after landing, i was packing all my belongings on the bike and still had time to leave Milano and go to sleep to a cozy place near the Lake Como.

They were very easy to deal with, very fast answers by email, excelent english (in fact better tan mine), and everything was as advertised in their web site.

A truly good experience. I'm afraid it won't be the last one with them.
despistao is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2014, 01:59 PM   #20
Cameleer
Worldcrzer

Oddometer: 92
Renting a bike in italy

Rented a 1200RT twice with CIMT in Rome and quite happy with it, besides, they're hosting my own bike in Milan since last June. Very good guys, send Francesco an email he owns the joint and keeps a hands-on eye on it.
www.cimt.it

Cameleer screwed with this post 11-11-2014 at 02:08 PM
Cameleer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 03:42 AM   #21
MichaelJ
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,193
Quote:
Originally Posted by despistao View Post
Stelvio summit was 6 degrees Celsius and raining...
A lovely Summer day, then. I've been there more than once in July when the rain was white and fluffy.
Michael J. - IBA #3901
Ten years in the Alps (so far)
Alpine Trip Reports: 2006, 2007, 2009
Pictures, pictures and more pictures
MichaelJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2014, 04:02 AM   #22
dankatz
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 321
$$$

Yes, renting for 3 weeks is very expensive to the point that some people ship their own bike! When I was researching 4 years ago there was a place in Southern Germany that was renting well used K75 bikes in excellent condition for 3 weeks for much less than the new bikes. I too rented from Biancoblu in Milan, an F800ST, and had a good experience. But, you have to return the bike to them as far as I know. It was the most wonderful trip I took for 10 days with a buddy. When the kids grow older I'll do it again!
VFR800 VTEC
Daytona 675
dankatz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2014, 06:49 AM   #23
ricochetrider
a certain something

Oddometer: 1,804
Quote:
Originally Posted by MichaelJ View Post
I haven't rented in Italy since 2008, but the usual suspects (BiancoBlu, MotoTouring & AdMo) are still in business - so either they're doing something right or have a steady stream of one-time customers.

I've heard good and bad things about all of them. My only experience is with BiancoBlu (3 rentals) and I had good experiences each time.
Hey it IS Italy after all. Italy, and the Italians, are not so USA perfect.
Then again, that right there is the beauty of Italy, of the Italian People.

Renting a bike in Italy is one of my own dreams. This info is excellent dream fodder.
ricochetrider is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 08:56 AM   #24
TREEMER77
Treem

Oddometer: 15
my suggestion

Quote:
Originally Posted by despistao View Post
I rented a BMW R1200 GS LC in Milano, last August, for a wonderfull 10 days trip around the Swiss Alps, Stevio, Gavia and Italian Dolomiti mountains.

http://www.motorbikerentitaly.com/

A Brand new bike, with barely 9.000 km on it, almost new tyres, fully equipped (riding modes, Dynamic ESA, led lights, heated grips - believe me, i had to use them in august, Stelvio summit was 6 degrees Celsius and raining, 2 OEM panniers, OEM top case and Sat Nav preparation - i brought my own Navigator)

Being such a big city (at least for european standars), it was an easy place to reach. I landed in Milano Malpensa airport around midday, took the Malpensa Express train to Milano Cadorna Station + a short ride by taxi and, not more tan one hour after landing, i was packing all my belongings on the bike and still had time to leave Milano and go to sleep to a cozy place near the Lake Como.

They were very easy to deal with, very fast answers by email, excelent english (in fact better tan mine), and everything was as advertised in their web site.

A truly good experience. I'm afraid it won't be the last one with them.

I had the same experience. My journey through the Alps lasted 15 days and was the best of my life. Would not have been the same if the rental was not up to it. I would recommend them to a fellow. They are good at their craft plus staff is very friendly.
TREEMER77 is offline   Reply With Quote