Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2005, 08:30 AM   #1
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Oddometer: 3,320
woody's prices vs buchanans

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chipper
Anyone care to chime in? How does woody's price compare to buchannen's ? It is at least a little closer to me than Cali. I just got my hubs from KTM and am ready. Have a set of TKC's ready also. Who's the best?
FYI...
standard lace and true.....ie..stock rim to stock hub with stock spokes/nipples..$70

custom lace and true...any deviation using stock lace pattern...ie..different rim or spokes or nipples or hub....$80

SUPERLACE and true...the optimal blueprinted wheel,,,preseated spokes and nipples,,optimal lace patterns and spoke nipple sizes...one year warranty against catastrophic wheel failure due to spokes loosening /breaking from normal use.......$90-99....

PS...'normal use'...does not include hitting a brick wall at 100mph and expecting me to replace and true your mangled wheels/spokes

when using EXCEL rims we have found,,the only way to keep the spokes from loosening is to SUPERSIZE the nipples.... .343",,spreads the load over a larger area,,,they are much beefier and we can torque them tighter..also cost a few bucks more

NOTE...we are supersizing all the big fourstrokes and adventure/enduro bikes these days because of all the extra punishment they take,,,what worked a few years ago no longer holds water nowadays,,,
riders are jumping mongo tabletops,,,and going much faster on fireroads and mountain passes with much heavier equipment,,,,,,,
i am continually on the cutting edge of providing tougher more durable wheels ,,,,you'll be seeing pics and reports from the latest customers shortly,,,
i am convinced that narrower tougher rear rims are part of the solution to keeping them from bending,,, we just sent out a SUPERLACED 1.85x21 front and 2.75x18 rear SUN combo on a 950 Adventure over the weekend...i have a sneaky suspicion he will be a very happy camper

PS...so are we more expensive than buchanans???....
when you compare apples to apples we are slightly less on the labor end,,,sell sun rims and oem stainless steel spoke/nipple replacement kits for the same price...if i can source other rims for less money i pass that saving on to you,,,

MOST SUPERLACED wheels require custom spoke sets,,bent and sized to my specs by buchanan...they are a few dollars more as well as the addition of oversized nipples,,,...SUPERLACING..requires additional time in re-drilling and re-angling/countersinking the hub and rim,,not to mention additional time fiquring out all the specs,,,i can rebuild 2 regular wheels in the time it takes to superlace one of yours...SUPERLACING is my gift to the racers out there..so pass the word

FYI....we have used buchanans' spokes and nipples for 32 years...have seldom occured any spoke failures attributed to their workmanship,,hence with my ability to put the right combos together i can offer you a warranty on what i do....and am currently working with another manufacturer who is designing rims and hubs with a one year warranty,,,and then i'll warranty the entire wheel!!!!!....i still have customers racing around in vintage mx and roadracing etc on wheels i built 30 years ago!!!...

years ago....when i cruised by buchanans with some of my handiwork,,,MR.Buchanan himself gathered his troops around and showed them my stuff..."Now,THOSE are some WHEELs!!!!!" he exclaimed....John Ulrich of Roadracing World/Cycle News/Cycle World upon receiving his Superlaced Ducati wheels calls me up ...."Those aren't wheels!!!...those are works of art!!!"

remember....i am committed to QUALITY...those wheels have to work as good as they look and look as good as they work,,,nuff said,,,and i'll let you all fiqure out who's the 'best'....woody

PPS..you can check buchanans prices ,,,www.buchananspokes.com
'crash' is putting together a website for us...www.woodyswheelworks.com soon you'll be able to get all the data straight at one place

woody's wheel works screwed with this post 04-07-2005 at 05:47 AM
woody's wheel works is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2005, 03:09 PM   #2
Andrew
Optimus Primer

Oddometer: 14,992
Woody, those prices were for KTM wheels? What will you charge to relace my GS spoked wheels with stainless spokes? I've decided I don't like the look of rusted BMW spokes anymore, and will pay you to relace them with true staibles spokes if the price is right.

- Andrew
Old 04-18-2005, 04:11 AM   #3
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew
Woody, those prices were for KTM wheels? What will you charge to relace my GS spoked wheels with stainless spokes? I've decided I don't like the look of rusted BMW spokes anymore, and will pay you to relace them with true staibles spokes if the price is right.

- Andrew
hi andrew,,,bmw has ss spoke these days for most wheels except 21....those spokes are still chrome,,,i have the ss spokes for the 19 and 17 wheels,,,spokes are $1.50 ea ,,,,we can recycle your other parts,,,assuming your rims are straight,,,lace and true is $150,,,dismantling your wheel is $50 +/-10we can also do anything you want to make em unique,,change color on hubs ,,polish/anodize/powdercoat your rims....you are at 'the candy store'...turnaround time is several days..add a week for the extra stuff...woody
Old 05-02-2005, 06:05 PM   #4
XCELR8
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Is there an aftermarket 17" front rim that you could lace the stock hub of my R1150GS to and keep it tubless? If so how much?
XCELR8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-02-2005, 07:07 PM   #5
woody's wheel works OP
Built to Last

17 inch front rim for GS series

Quote:
Originally Posted by XCELR8
Is there an aftermarket 17" front rim that you could lace the stock hub of my R1150GS to and keep it tubless? If so how much?
i have built several using the 2.50 x 17 rear rim from a 100 GS ($300)

i can also build you most anything using conventional rims like the 3.50 17 Sun or Excel circa $200 plus anodizing ($40-50)and then sealing them afterword,($60),,

what color,,,size,,polished,,,we use several different techniques,,,,custom spokes ,,,SUPERLACE for $100 plus parts,,,can change rear to 4.25 or 5.00 or 5.5 x 17 too..they are more expensive,,,,,.

are ya gonna supermotard it or just build the ultimate canyon carver with sticky 208 rubber??

woody
303-936-0232
Old 05-02-2005, 07:44 PM   #6
daotoys1
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,109
Thumb

For those of you who dont know Woody or the Quality and competitive prices at his shop.....I for one can say that he and his shop does absolutely fantastic work, at good rates and he and his staff are superb.....most highly recommended...I have used his services for years with only thanks and praise...AAAA++++

Thanks Woody

Doug AKA daotoys1
daotoys1 is offline   Reply With Quote