Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-04-2011, 02:05 PM   #31
FlySniper
Bleh...

Oddometer: 1,659
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
I seen one. Sober. Daytime. Didn't make too much fuss about it. Years go by and then recently I'm watching a UFO program on Discovery channel. In the program is a detailed hand drawn sketch of a craft seen by someone. The exact same craft that I saw years ago. Too strange to be coincidence. We are living proof that life happens. With tens of thousands of gallaxies, made up of billions of stars, can we be so narrow minded and arrogant as to believe we are the only life in existance? Do the math. My only question is, do they ride? Think I'll head over to the thumpers thread for a while.

Years ago I had this dream where aliens snatched me up .... and pretty much just interviewed me. We talked about a bunch of different things, they asked, I answered; I asked, they answered... some really detailed and far out things were covered. It was so real, so vivid that I shared most of the details of the dream with my wife. (Still thinking that it was a really cool dream.)

About a year later, we were watching some show about alien encounters (I normally consider "those people" to be mentally disturbed drama queens) and there was this woman on television who claimed she had been abducted. As she told her story, Marge kept looking at me, the hairs on my neck raised... almost exactly, word for word, detail for detail... she was telling the details of my dream. When she broke out drawings of her aliens, I literally choked.

But, it cannot be more that some really statistical freak that this woman was able to tell the same story that I could have told with the level of detail she provided. Freakish, but it is what it is, a dream.

Scary thing is I had similar one last week... I'm glad we got rid of the television! If someone else came along and had the same story I would be forced to commit myself for a psyc evaluation!

I know I'm throwing myself under the bus on this one, but I think the lack of a good explanation still bothers me. The only workable explanation is that I'm off my rocker... I don't think that's the case though!

"Think about how stupid the average person is. Now, realise that half of them are dumber than that." - George Carlin
FlySniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 06:18 PM   #32
royal
Don't Follow

Oddometer: 621
I too am fascinated by what some people have seen in the sky, as well as other "Paranormal" phenomena. I have never witnessed anything, personally, that I would describe as being other worldly or of a paranormal nature. However, that doesn't mean that I don't believe some people have experienced some pretty bizarre happenings.

The conclusion that an unidentified flying object must be of extra terrestrial origins, does strike me as somewhat naive, though. Many scientists have proposed the theory of the multiverse, or parallel universes. Who's to say that these "Crafts" couldn't be an inter dimensional thing, or somehow have the ability to go between the different parallel universes ? Is that any more or less fantastic than visiting from other places in the known universe and would require travel spanning distances measured in many light years ? I don't think so.

To the OP, your description of what you experienced when you were 13, is almost identical to the now famous "Rendlesham Forest" sightings that happened in England, at one of our military bases in 1980. You should look up the incident and I think you would find many similarities to what you experienced.

Point being, many intelligent, honest people have seen and experienced things that are outside the boundaries of accepted realities. They are not all lying. They are all not mistaken. None of us know the true nature of reality and to think that we do, is both arrogant and ignorant. At least, in my opinion. And I feel the same way about religion. My belief is that ALL religions are wrong. For the simple fact that the real answers of why we are here, how we got here, how everything between heaven and Earth came in to being, the very nature of reality, will, ultimately prove to be beyond our comprehension.

As for me, I still watch the skies when I am in such a place that allows. Just because I haven't seen anything unexplainable yet, doesn't mean that I won't, or that it doesn't happen.

Royal
Old 12-04-2011, 06:56 PM   #33
250senuf
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,200
I believe we are not alone in this universe. As others have pointed out odds are there are other planets with life forms.

The proof that there is intelligent life in the universe: they haven't contacted us. I'm not so sure that homo sapiens really qualify as "intelligent life". Sorry.

To those of you who have told your stories, you haven't "lost" it. But you should exercise discretion with whom you share your experiences.
Old 12-04-2011, 06:58 PM   #34
Voluhzia
iExplorer

Oddometer: 1,599
Obama said there no such thongs as UFOs nor ETs...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45176460.../#.TtwzH-XLRo0

http://novascotiaexplorer.blogspot.com/
Voluhzia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:13 PM   #35
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by Voluhzia View Post
Obama said there no such thongs as UFOs nor ETs...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/45176460.../#.TtwzH-XLRo0
But he also thinks there's 57 states.....

Maybe those other seven are populated by ETs.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 07:17 PM   #36
duck
Banned

Oddometer: 10,404
Quote:
Originally Posted by 250senuf View Post
I'm not so sure that homo sapiens really qualify as "intelligent life".
ADVrider is proof of that.
duck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2011, 09:01 PM   #37
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by dillon View Post
Trying to get back on topic, Im vary skeptical. Honestly I feel some of what is seen is military testing. I mean we had aircraft going Mach5 in the 60s and over half of our budget is spent on "defense".

It's a bit of both, some testing of advanced craft and some unexplained (well to us that is) um I could say how I know but I think I might end up in deep shit.

Ther is a area is Aus that is between two other places, that area has a lot of sightings, funny that.
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:47 AM   #38
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by supamanaint View Post
It's a bit of both, some testing of advanced craft and some unexplained (well to us that is) um I could say how I know but I think I might end up in deep shit.

Ther is a area is Aus that is between two other places, that area has a lot of sightings, funny that.
Concerning my sighting, I don't recall stating that it was alien in origin.

But (and it's a big but) I cannot fathom why any terrestrial origin vehicle (even something small, unmanned) would be interested in wobbling around in the woods scaring some kids, unless that was part of some larger disinformation scheme.

An earlier poster stated that my sighting reminded him of the Rendelsham Forest sighting. If I remember correctly, that object actually landed and left trace effects on the ground, including radiation. While we watched the orb, it never came any closer than about 10ft from the ground.

Thank you supamanaint for sharing. I have no doubt that there are VERY advanced craft that are being flown that are human-built.

As an additional admission, there was another event that got me going on this life-long search for some answers. When I was even younger, while my sister and I were being babysat my parents were at a party in nearby Kent Ohio. They were driving my Dad's then near brand new 1964 Mustang convertible (1965 I was 5 yrs old)

While returning from the party late at night, with the top down, they pulled up to a 4 way stop. The Mustang stalled out. At the same time they were bathed in blinding light for a few seconds. My Mother recalled being terrified and trying to get my Dad to look up or try to restart the car. She said she shook him hard several times, calling his name but he did not respond.
The light went out and he came to. She was yelling at him and he still didn't "get it" about what had just happened. The car fired right up when he tried to restart it. They proceeded home.

Years later when she recalled this in detail, my Dad would barely acknowledge that anything happened. To this day he won't talk about it.

Many years later Whitley Streiber came out with the first in the series of books he wrote describing his supposed repeat ancounters with alien beings. (the book was called Communion)
My Mom said that when she saw the book cover in the store she nearly lost it. She ended up buying the book but could not get herself to read it and actually threw it away because the cover disturbed her so much.

I used to kid her about whether any time was missing during that trip home from Kent. She is dead now but she didn't think my questioning was funny in the least and avoided the topic.

On top of that, I was reading one of the many books I have collected over the years on the subject. This book in particular was nothing more than a list of sightings by police and military witnesses from the 1960's.
One sighting caught my attention. In 1965 a Portage County sherrif saw what he thought was a plane crash in a wooded area next to the Summit County Fairgrounds. He drove as far as he could into the area and left the car to walk further. He claimed he saw a brightly lit metallic disc sitting on the ground in a clearing with several small people surrying about the craft in a strange blur of motion. When he called out to them they reentered the craft and it took off.

The month and year perfectly matched my parent's "event"

A little later a friend of mine and I were talking about UFO's. He told me "oh yeah, they exist. My parents and I saw two of them when I was a kid. We pulled over the car and got out to watch two bright orange discs hovering over the Stow/Kent Airport control tower. A number of other cars stopped on Rt. 59 as well and we all stood there for 1/2 hour watching. One disc even came down low and shone a bright beam of light directly at the tower"

When I asked him the date, he clearly remembered it being the Summer of 1965.

To tie this all together, the same plot of land that the Summit County Fairgrounds is on also hold the airport.

The road that my parents were on? On the opposite side of that area in one of the corners surrounding that plot.

I know this doesn't prove anything other that three sightings in the same Summer in the same exact area.

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:49 AM   #39
Offcamber
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,631

Sorry couldn't resist....

"So Your alien has a room at the holiday in Paramus....."
Offcamber is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 10:51 AM   #40
svs
All Hands on Deck!

Oddometer: 24,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post

How much for the little Dog... The Doggy, is the doggy for sale?

Old 12-05-2011, 11:41 AM   #41
PerfectZebra
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 115
ball lightning?

Sounds like some of these experiences, including the OP, could be instances of ball lightning?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
PerfectZebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 12:31 PM   #42
MADurstewitz
MADMark

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by HONKR View Post
I was standing outside at about 11 pm talking on the phone with a friend and I had my back to the street, which is about 20 yards away, and all of the sudden I noticed it was extremely bright and I was seeing everything as if it were daylight.

I turned around and there was a basketball size/shape light that had the intensity of light from welding, was about 30 ft in the air right above the street and moved down the street about 20 mph.

There was no sound and it lasted about 10 seconds before the light just vanished.

Have no clue what it was.

I was telling my friend about the experience as it happened and he was amazed as I was.
This experience and the original one that started this thread sound like ball lightning. It's really weird.

I've seen a few myself. When I was a kid, the area of North Jersey where I grew up seemed like a convention center for UFOs. Made all the papers. Especially the one that hovered over Wanaque Reservoir for some time. That freaked out a lot of people. Around the same time there were several other high-profile, well reported sighting. One of the fourth of July that was seen by thousands of people. It was over Paterson, NJ and whatever it was, it appeared to be out of control. It swayed back and forth in the sky, just about dusk, as if whoever was trying to fly the thing was in deep trouble. You could not only see the lights, but because there was daylight you could also see the rest of it. I was with a group of about 10 people, half of whom were adults. Everyone saw it. Made the front page of many area papers.

No idea what they really are. Could be from somewhere else, though the distances involved are daunting. I have read that the Germans were working on a downdraft technology that would have allowed them to bomb the US. The Russians captured that installation before we could get to it. One explanation is interesting: they are us from the future. It may be easier to traverse time than millions of light years of space. That we are not alone, I have no doubt. 100 billion stars in our galaxy and another galaxy for each star? No way we're the only thing the cosmos could come up with.

Also, a few years ago, something flew over eastern NYState one clear summer night. I beleive it made the TV news. Pretty sure I read about it on MSNBC or CNN. By all accounts it was huge and dead silent. I didn't see it but I work with people who did. Smart people. Engineers, programmers. I write for these people. What they saw really, really freaked them out. Most wouldn't talk about it.

MADurstewitz screwed with this post 12-05-2011 at 12:52 PM
MADurstewitz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 03:00 PM   #43
HONKR
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 145
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADurstewitz View Post
This experience and the original one that started this thread sound like ball lightning. It's really weird.

I've seen a few myself. When I was a kid, the area of North Jersey where I grew up seemed like a convention center for UFOs. Made all the papers. Especially the one that hovered over Wanaque Reservoir for some time. That freaked out a lot of people. Around the same time there were several other high-profile, well reported sighting. One of the fourth of July that was seen by thousands of people. It was over Paterson, NJ and whatever it was, it appeared to be out of control. It swayed back and forth in the sky, just about dusk, as if whoever was trying to fly the thing was in deep trouble. You could not only see the lights, but because there was daylight you could also see the rest of it. I was with a group of about 10 people, half of whom were adults. Everyone saw it. Made the front page of many area papers.

No idea what they really are. Could be from somewhere else, though the distances involved are daunting. I have read that the Germans were working on a downdraft technology that would have allowed them to bomb the US. The Russians captured that installation before we could get to it. One explanation is interesting: they are us from the future. It may be easier to traverse time than millions of light years of space. That we are not alone, I have no doubt. 100 billion stars in our galaxy and another galaxy for each star? No way we're the only thing the cosmos could come up with.

Also, a few years ago, something flew over eastern NYState one clear summer night. I beleive it made the TV news. Pretty sure I read about it on MSNBC or CNN. By all accounts it was huge and dead silent. I didn't see it but I work with people who did. Smart people. Engineers, programmers. I write for these people. What they saw really, really freaked them out. Most wouldn't talk about it.
Interesting. I was amazed more so than freaked out, but have never been shy telling about it.
Cool that an explanation of some sort exists.
Old 12-06-2011, 12:55 PM   #44
Rufjeep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 387
Quote:
Originally Posted by MADurstewitz View Post
I'm a sceptic about this sort of thing, but this comment caught my attention.. Years ago, and guy I worked with recounted a sighting to me. He and his wife were in the car, and they saw saomething pass overhead that was huge and completely silent. He stressed to me that the craft was immense...and i belive he said it was triangle shaped.

He was sincere about it, and was not the kind of guy prone to BS.
Rufjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 02:18 PM   #45
squonker
Eat my shorts

Oddometer: 3,964
I haven't seen one but I sure would like to. I have a feeling, though, that the harder one looks the less likely it is they'll see anything...

Ride Report: Canada North to South 2008 here
Drive Report: Ice Road Trucking 2005-2014 here

squonker is offline   Reply With Quote