Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-07-2011, 07:30 PM   #46
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
Originally Posted by squonker View Post
I haven't seen one but I sure would like to. I have a feeling, though, that the harder one looks the less likely it is they'll see anything...
I have thought this as well, but that is a common way of thinking when trying to make something happen by wishing or wanting for it badly.

I think it's awesome that a few of you have felt comfortable enough to share your experiences.

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:25 AM   #47
tbirdsp
REMF

Oddometer: 8,731
Quote:
Originally Posted by PerfectZebra View Post
Sounds like some of these experiences, including the OP, could be instances of ball lightning?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ball_lightning
That was why I asked what the weather was like (post #26).

My Dad is a retired NASA engineer. He worked at Lewis (now Glenn) Research Center in Cleveland. One of his life-long pet projects is force free coils (google it). He has a theory that ball lightning may be a naturally occurring force free magnetic field/ball of plasma (the physics of it is way over my head). He dug up lots of interesting ball lightning reports.

I personally spoke with a USAF EC-135 flight crew that had what appeared to be ball lightning enter the fuselage of the aircraft and travel aft along the wire bundles/control cables.

I was flying on a USAF jet once and we saw a strange silvery object at a much higher altitude - and we were probably at 40,000 feet or so. Turned out to be a high altitude balloon.
http://www.reddeliciousband.com
tbirdsp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:48 AM   #48
M-Cat
2 wheeled slacker

Oddometer: 334
Vimanas.

Nothing new under this sun, just a different time and place.
Old 12-08-2011, 03:05 AM   #49
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,029
ok. did I actually hear the dog say, "How's it look? is it on straight? It looks real right!?"
Quote:
Originally Posted by duck View Post
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:10 AM   #50
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 17,029
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastdadio View Post
I seen one. Sober. Daytime. Didn't make too much fuss about it. Years go by and then recently I'm watching a UFO program on Discovery channel. In the program is a detailed hand drawn sketch of a craft seen by someone. The exact same craft that I saw years ago. Too strange to be coincidence. We are living proof that life happens. With tens of thousands of gallaxies, made up of billions of stars, can we be so narrow minded and arrogant as to believe we are the only life in existance? Do the math. My only question is, do they ride? Think I'll head over to the thumpers thread for a while.
You do the math. The closest galaxy is about 25,000 light years. they're not even out of their driveway yet.
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:26 AM   #51
M-Cat
2 wheeled slacker

Oddometer: 334
[QUOTE=supamanaint;17446604]It's a bit of both, some testing of advanced craft and some unexplained (well to us that is) um I could say how I know but I think I might end up in deep shit.

The Nazi quest for occult knowkledge prior to and during WWII was widespread. Hitler's realization that his war effort would eventually be limited by a lack of fuel drove his scientists to pursue zero-point energy sources and alternative means of transportation. The war ended, we entered Berlin and got the science (and the scientists). That's where our rocket program came from. That's where the soviet rocket program came from. The Nazis developed technologies that are still classified even today.
The records of vimanas are found in Indian texts thousands of years old.. Not just acknowledgement of their existance...more like how to build them and fly them. In good weather and bad weather, in the air and under the water. Look at the drawings of the crafts described in the texts. Different shapes, sizes, and assumed purposes. Funny how these descriptions match what most people describe in modern UFO sightings, and how such a large number of sightings are found around Air Force bases...
The modern concept of UFO's and martians was a campaign of counter-intelligence that was secretly bolstered by the government to give rise to fear (control) and give voice to an argument that didn't even exist outside of the people making it.
Old 12-08-2011, 04:40 AM   #52
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out

Oddometer: 180
The modern concept of UFO's and martians was a campaign of counter-intelligence that was secretly bolstered by the government to give rise to fear (control) and give voice to an argument that didn't even exist outside of the people making it.[/QUOTE]

How right you are sir.
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:01 AM   #53
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out

Oddometer: 180
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
You do the math. The closest galaxy is about 25,000 light years. they're not even out of their driveway yet.

You know at one time they said the world was flat.

Another time they said the speed of sound was a brick wall and could not be broken.

Wonder what's next then.

Now imagine if you can that maybe another race out there somewhere had say a 10,000 year head start on our own.

I wonder what knowledge they would have and what they are able to do that we can't even think of yet.
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:35 AM   #54
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Here is one that I saw while driving around :)

tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:08 AM   #55
rivercreep
Banned

Oddometer: 3,243
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
Here is one that I saw while driving around :)

That pic is cool!
I knew of one that was just outside of Doylestown Pa that the guy had won as a contestant on "The price is right" many years ago. It was a pre-fab modular dwelling. It's not in the guys yard anymore and I can't help but wonder if this isn't the same one.
rivercreep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 06:46 AM   #56
dbuzz
Citizen of the world

Oddometer: 1,261

In Oz we have Min Min lights ... I have seen them a couple of times

although I was possibly stoned at the time
dbuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:10 AM   #57
fastdadio
Still gettin faster

Oddometer: 1,996
Quote:
Maybe they left 25001 years ago. Maybe they are just alot faster than you . Maybe......
fastdadio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:26 AM   #58
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 596
Quote:
ok. did I actually hear the dog say, "How's it look? is it on straight? It looks real right!?"
I think a key here is to be intelligent enough to recognize how truly little you know

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 11:43 AM   #59
tattoogunman
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 583
Quote:
Originally Posted by rivercreep View Post
That pic is cool!
I knew of one that was just outside of Doylestown Pa that the guy had won as a contestant on "The price is right" many years ago. It was a pre-fab modular dwelling. It's not in the guys yard anymore and I can't help but wonder if this isn't the same one.
This one is in Quinlan, TX - it's an old Futuro home. Here is a site about them (there are tons of others though):

http://futuro-house.net/
tattoogunman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #60
Pro_Marinero
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,086
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
I think a key here is to be intelligent enough to recognize how truly little you know
Why are you so thin-skinned with anyone who gives you a little ribbing? If you're going to start a topic with people on both sides of the fence you have to expect those from the other side are going to chuck a few rocks over. BTW, I'm very much on the fence for UFO's. I enjoy reading the stories but find the reaction you have to anyone who gives you a little crap, especially asking for the thread to be closed when a hint of skepticism is raised, shows some insecurity on your part. If you feel like you saw what you saw, then great. You can't convince someone who hasn't seen the same thing of something they don't want to believe.

Ease up. You'll find this place is much more fun with a little sense of humor.

Pro_Marinero screwed with this post 12-08-2011 at 05:16 PM
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote