Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > The perfect line and other riding myths
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 04:13 PM   #61
100mpg
This sentance intent

Oddometer: 16,527
no joke, did you fall asleep with the TV on?
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlySniper View Post
Years ago I had this dream where aliens snatched me up .... and pretty much just interviewed me. We talked about a bunch of different things, they asked, I answered; I asked, they answered... some really detailed and far out things were covered. It was so real, so vivid that I shared most of the details of the dream with my wife. (Still thinking that it was a really cool dream.)

About a year later, we were watching some show about alien encounters (I normally consider "those people" to be mentally disturbed drama queens) and there was this woman on television who claimed she had been abducted. As she told her story, Marge kept looking at me, the hairs on my neck raised... almost exactly, word for word, detail for detail... she was telling the details of my dream. When she broke out drawings of her aliens, I literally choked.

But, it cannot be more that some really statistical freak that this woman was able to tell the same story that I could have told with the level of detail she provided. Freakish, but it is what it is, a dream.

Scary thing is I had similar one last week... I'm glad we got rid of the television! If someone else came along and had the same story I would be forced to commit myself for a psyc evaluation!

I know I'm throwing myself under the bus on this one, but I think the lack of a good explanation still bothers me. The only workable explanation is that I'm off my rocker... I don't think that's the case though!
National Suicide Prevention Lifeline 1-800-273-TALK (8255). DSI #694
100mpg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:30 PM   #62
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
Here is one that I saw while driving around :)

Holy shit, I want to buy that. Where is it?
Old 12-08-2011, 04:41 PM   #63
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
I think a key here is to be intelligent enough to recognize how truly little you know
is that a shot? Ummm...Did I insult your doggie? Lighten up Francis. Just for that now I am not going to tell you my story.

why is this in Riding anyway...should be in Jo momma...
Old 12-08-2011, 07:00 PM   #64
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by 100mpg View Post
is that a shot? Ummm...Did I insult your doggie? Lighten up Francis. Just for that now I am not going to tell you my story.

why is this in Riding anyway...should be in Jo momma...

Why is this in riding ? ....well the point that the OP was making is that many adv riders end up in remote places (by riding there) and may have seen something unusual or unexplained.

Also as riders we have a much better field of view than cagers, we can look up.

It was an invitation to share thier experience.

Now come on don't be like that, tell us your story.
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:42 PM   #65
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Marinero View Post
Why are you so thin-skinned with anyone who gives you a little ribbing? If you're going to start a topic with people on both sides of the fence you have to expect those from the other side are going to chuck a few rocks over. BTW, I'm very much on the fence for UFO's. I enjoy reading the stories but find the reaction you have to anyone who gives you a little crap, especially asking for the thread to be closed when a hint of skepticism is raised, shows some insecurity on your part. If you feel like you saw what you saw, then great. You can't convince someone who hasn't seen the same thing of something they don't want to believe.

Ease up. You'll find this place is much more fun with a little sense of humor.

ME lighten up?

What I said is a common cliche used in the sciences. Maybe you weren't aware of that.

Or maybe you missed my initial post where I asked for stupid feedback to go elsewhere. The main reason this whole subject is treated as it is is because of the innane amount of ridicule and disrespect witnesses are forced to face.

I could care less that you feel that any thread here is open season for "humor"

I don't find it funny at all

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:50 PM   #66
stretch160
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 448
Quote:
Originally Posted by crampfan View Post
I've seen a black helicopter.....my mind has been controlled for a few years now.
I used to work for them
I can't talk about the things I've seen, or those I couldn't see.
stretch160 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:54 PM   #67
Pro_Marinero
Carbon Sasquatch

Oddometer: 2,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
ME lighten up?

What I said is a common cliche used in the sciences. Maybe you weren't aware of that.

Or maybe you missed my initial post where I asked for stupid feedback to go elsewhere. The main reason this whole subject is treated as it is is because of the innane amount of ridicule and disrespect witnesses are forced to face.

I could care less that you feel that any thread here is open season for "humor"

I don't find it funny at all
Combine above with posts 9 and 22. Point proven.

And it's COULDN'T care less, as in "I couldn't care less if your juvenile petulance makes you a pariah on this board."

Adios hombre. Tilt away at those windmills....
Pro_Marinero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:02 PM   #68
supamanaint
when in doubt - power out

Oddometer: 177
Quote:
Originally Posted by stretch160 View Post
I used to work for them
I can't talk about the things I've seen, or those I couldn't see.
Yep know that feeling, it's a bit touchy ain't it
supamanaint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:25 PM   #69
Ohio_Danimal OP
Midlife Crisis Man

Oddometer: 589
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pro_Marinero View Post
Combine above with posts 9 and 22. Point proven.

And it's COULDN'T care less, as in "I couldn't care less if your juvenile petulance makes you a pariah on this board."

Adios hombre. Tilt away at those windmills....

Later Jethro

Anger is age, hell bent.
Ohio_Danimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:35 PM   #70
lakeforktx
" Proud to be white"

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by tattoogunman View Post
Here is one that I saw while driving around :)

It's on Hwy 276 between Quinlan Texas and Rockwall Texas..been there for years...I have drove past it 1000's of times... Matter of fact..drove by it on Tuesday..it's been painted sevaral times it was purple for awhile..but nobody has realy done anything with it ..been there for 30 years I know of , maybe longer...cool though...
lakeforktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:38 PM   #71
lakeforktx
" Proud to be white"

Oddometer: 18
Also ..people stop there and go in it and smoke weed so Iam told...
lakeforktx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:46 PM   #72
Iwantabikesobad
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,037
heres mine.

Nothing super fantastic.
As a child I was an extremely energetic sleeper, Most nights all the blankets and sheets would be on the floor. If not them, then me falling out of bed. To this day I remember going to bed and blinking and it was morning. The bed was still made just like I had just gotten in it. Nothing more than that. I mentioned it to mom and she wasn't really impressed.
30 something years later I mentioned it to my sister and she got a weird look on her face and said, The same thing had happened to her as a kid.
09 KTM Adv. The Orange ones are faster!
Iwantabikesobad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 12:56 AM   #73
100mpg
This sentance intent

Quote:
Originally Posted by lakeforktx View Post
It's on Hwy 276 between Quinlan Texas and Rockwall Texas..been there for years...I have drove past it 1000's of times... Matter of fact..drove by it on Tuesday..it's been painted sevaral times it was purple for awhile..but nobody has realy done anything with it ..been there for 30 years I know of , maybe longer...cool though...
Is it made out of wood? I can't imagine it is, it would never last that long! FG? Aluminum? I would love to get that and put it on my property in NM! Only 760 miles from rockwall....
Old 12-09-2011, 01:20 PM   #74
MADurstewitz
MADMark

Oddometer: 159
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rufjeep View Post
I'm a sceptic about this sort of thing, but this comment caught my attention.. Years ago, and guy I worked with recounted a sighting to me. He and his wife were in the car, and they saw saomething pass overhead that was huge and completely silent. He stressed to me that the craft was immense...and i belive he said it was triangle shaped.

He was sincere about it, and was not the kind of guy prone to BS.
It was triangular and immense. The guys I work with were really freaked out by it.
Old 12-09-2011, 03:41 PM   #75
topazdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
I'll bite...

I always get really wild dreams when camping out by Area 51 (Rachel, NV). That is the best place to go stargazing though...

My buddy and I were camping out on an mountain near Yerington, NV. There was a huge wind and the tent almost blew down. It lasted for about 30 minutes. Then the entire mountain top was very bright. We were inside the tent and squinting. It got extremely hot after I fell asleep and I was sweating so much that it was pooling up inside the sleeping bag. Finally, I was freezing. All of this occurred within 1.5 hours.

Strange yes, alien encounter - probably not.

The winds in NV aren't uncommon. The cold in the desert in the summer isn't uncommon either. The heat was unusual and I chalk it up to some type of thermal moving across the desert to higher elevations. The light was probably caused by some head beams on a car miles away. Headlights can be effective at long distances in the high desert.

The next day we hiked out and had a mountain lion stalking us in a counterclockwise pattern. Never saw him but did see his huge paw prints that were so fresh sand was still falling in them from the edges. Yes I had a .45 on my hip and my buddy carried a .357.
topazdog is offline   Reply With Quote