06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 01:05 PM   #122
CallMeBoog
hi functioning idiom

Oddometer: 5,944
Quote:
Originally Posted by * SHAG * View Post

OK, so it's Ripley time... Believe it or not? Did the guy fry his electronics with a microwave weapon
or was it a coincidence??
I'd be more worried about suddenly getting ball cancer or something...

$20 says he shoots blanks now.

CallMeBoog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2014, 10:18 PM   #123
tokyoklahoma
75%has been25%wanabe

Oddometer: 1,481
Probably EMP instead of microwave type device.
The delayed reaction is interesting though.
Old 03-11-2014, 01:45 PM   #124
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 695
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ohio_Danimal View Post
These thoughts fly out the window once a person is face to face with something that seems obviously not from this world.

A person can take their sighting and run it through the filter that is their mind and come up with explanations that are more easily digested by them (giving the sighting religious or demonic overtones).

If one cares to look into the subject more thouroughly, you see that there is a LOT of evidence from very credible sources that a small percentage of unidentified flying objects appear to be inteligently controled craft exhibiting behavior that is not replicated by any known man made craft.

Of course this would open up the possibility of the existance of craft built by humans that you and I (or anyone outside of small groups) will never be privy of the acknowlegement of their existance.

Several have asked for more info on the sighting I had when 13 that created my curiosity on the subject.

I have never written about this so please bear with me:
I was camping in the woods with a small group of boys, ages ranging from 14 to 18 (I was the youngest at 13) One of the members, while sitting around the fire pointed out a very bright reddish light far off in the woods that seemed to be moving, giving the effect of the woods being on fire.
We all (6 people) started through the woods towards it. Upon getting close enough to see detail, we witnessed a blindingly brilliant light that was spherical in shape and maybe 8-10 feet in diameter (hard to be exact as it was very hard to look at directly)
This sphere was below tree top level and slowly moving about between the trees. The shadows it was throwing were crazy. As we came perhaps 50 yards from it it stopped moving away from us and began moving directly towards us. This caused the group to scatter amidst a lot of screaming and yelling to take cover. As we put distance between it and us it turned and began once again moving away.
This cat and mouse routine went on for a good 10 minutes. The object was obviously aware of our presence.
At one point one of the boys broke down and began crying uncontrollably. This triggered a similar reaction in severeal others, sho didn't wish to continue following and retreating any longer.
The boy who initially broke down convinced another to leave with him and go get help.

We were only perhaps 3/4 mile from the city (if anyone knows where Blossom Music Center is in Cuyahoga Falls Ohio, this was in the wooded area east of Blossom) so the two boys went and got the first boy's father out of bed (the sighting started at 1am or so)
He returned with his father just in time to see the end. The remaining 4 of us were now following the orb at about a 75-100 yard distance as it weaved in and out of the trees, ocasionally stopping and dipping down near ground level.

Ahead in the direction it was travelling was an old apple orchard that we used to frequent for the apples. The orb emerged into the orchard and floated by the apple trees. When we came out into the orchard, it was the first time we had a clear site of the night sky without tree tops.

We stood at the edge of the woods as the boy and his father came running up. The father had a large D cell maglight with him. We excitedly blurted out to his dad what we ha been doing and seeing and pointed out the object to him (which really wasn't needed as it was so fucking bright you could barely look at it long enough to see any discernable shape)

The father pointed the mag light right at the orb and it suddenly shot off upwards at such a speed, that it left a streak in the sky like someone waving a welding torch.

It then stayed at a high altitude (it was now the size of maybe a M&M candy held at arm's length) and began a very odd zig-zagging pattern. It then stopped and there was a brilliant flash of light. Now there were two objects, the original bright white one and now a solid red light next to it.

Then suddenly the white object streaked once again upwards, dissapearing into the night sky.

The red object wobbled a bit and then slowly fell downwards over the horizon, falling with a kind of side to side motion like a leaf would fall if dropped.

The camping was over. We all went home. I went with Brian and his Dad to their house as his Dad wanted to call someone. He did call the police. Their response? "yeah, we have received several calls about the UFO...what do you want us to do about it?"

Over the course of the next 10 years or so, very few in that group would ever care to talk about it. Many years later I ran into Brian in a bar. He denied it even happened.

This was in 1973
Hey Danimal...not sure if you still frequent this thread you started as I skipped to the end to post up. Reason being A buddy and me had a rather similar experience to yours. Im not sure I believe it has anything to do with aliens...just that I cannot explain what I saw.

My story:
Back in May 2000 me and a buddy who was half Peruvian half Canadian were backpacking in Peru. Now I dont know if anyone remembers but back then there was talk of a big cataclysmic event on that was supposedly going to happen on May 5th 2000 (there were some books floating around at the time about it). Now my buddy was into his ancestry and him and some local friends are right into the old mayan ways and rituals. On this particular day, May 5th, we headed up to a Huanuco high in the Northern hills of Peru. Unbeknownst to me at the time, a highly active Narco-terrorist region and probably not the best place for Gringo to be hanging out.

Anyway, we were staying in this tiny village far up one side of the valley that Huanuco is in. Real beautiful views! That evening my buddy and his mayan friends are doing this ritual around the fire and Im just enjoying the display of culture. Once the ritual is over the younger guys in the group are chatting away with me and my buddy when one of them suddenly points up in the sky "Hey! Look over there.....whats that!?" in the sky above the other side of the valley was this light that was bright orange...almost like the light from a plane high above only this was
brighter and lower in the sky.

We watched it run a real flat line across the top of the valley for a few moments when another guy in our group yells out and points to another one on our side of the valley. We looked up and saw the same light, and watched as they both were travelling the length of the each side of the valley parallel with each other.....then suddenly they both stopped at the same time. Stayed still for a few more moments. Just hovering there high in the sky.

Up until this point we all thought they were military jets or helicopters or something given where we were. But as suddenly as they had stopped they started flying around in the most erratic way....far, far beyond the capabilities of anything that I am aware of....almost like what a sparkler looks like being waved around in the hands of child....then bang...off both go up into the night sky to the point where they disappeared from view at a speed I cannot even fathom.

WTF! was pretty much the unanimous thought in the group. Anyway, they way you describe the light you saw and how it behaved sounds very similar to what we saw even though we were not as close as you so I thought I'd share.

Take it for whats worth, but that's what I saw and experienced.

2003 Honda Hornet 600 (SOLD)
1969 BSA Royal Star - Let the Resurrection Begin!
Jbone11 11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2014, 01:55 PM   #125
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by * SHAG * View Post
OK, so it's Ripley time... Believe it or not? Did the guy fry his electronics with a microwave weapon
or was it a coincidence??
I recall an episode of Future Weapons with that bald ex seal, "Mac" where he was testing out a bunch of new and crazy weapons. One was a infrared type laser mounted on a truck....couldn't see the beam or anything but when turned on, and focused on a subject it created an immensly uncomfortable and almost burning sensation to the point where the subject had to turn away and GTFO. Even the host couldnt handle it.

I figure if they are willing to publisize something like that, they most certainly have something the general public wouldnt know about like some kind of emp device. The technology if definitely there at any rate.
Old 03-11-2014, 08:01 PM   #126
* SHAG *
Unstable

Oddometer: 4,321
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jbone11 11 View Post
I recall an episode of Future Weapons with that bald ex seal, "Mac" where he was testing out a bunch of new and crazy weapons. One was a infrared type laser mounted on a truck....couldn't see the beam or anything but when turned on, and focused on a subject it created an immensly uncomfortable and almost burning sensation to the point where the subject had to turn away and GTFO. Even the host couldnt handle it.

I figure if they are willing to publisize something like that, they most certainly have something the general public wouldnt know about like some kind of emp device. The technology if definitely there at any rate.

I think I saw that. Non lethal weapons, right? I also remember seeing a show with a remote device released from a car that got under the perps vehicle and shut the electronics down
05-GS- Rock Red 92k
06-GS- Dakar-40k Sold
* SHAG * is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2014, 06:41 AM   #127
Jbone11 11
Studly Adventurer

Yeah...I was going to mention that thing too....If memory serves that type of device has been around for some time, and I reckon the secret squirrels have something a little more advanced these days.