Oddometer: 671
Hijacked this thread long enough...

Check new thread in: Old's Cool

Atlanta AirHead Old's Cool Pity Party
Old 12-07-2011, 05:35 PM   #77
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Oddometer: 6,610
So, drilled out the holes today for the plugs and fuck if I didn't drill straight thru one side without hitting the rebar. Guess it didn't go as far down on one side. I'm just not having a good day again. Also, the wire broke of in the liner of my welder. it's totally stuck. any ideas?
hardwaregrrl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:43 PM   #78
mark1305
Old Enough To Know Better

Oddometer: 5,859
Pull the wire back out; clip the end square and feel for any spurs at the clipped edge; file or sand them smooth the the touch (yeah, its only about 30 thousandths, but any spikes will snag). Try to run it through again with the torch cable laid out in a straight line and with the tip off the gun. Put the tip on over the protruding wire. Usually works.

When a person asks you for advice, they don't want advice. They want corroboration.
mark1305 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:58 PM   #79
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mark1305 View Post
Pull the wire back out; clip the end square and feel for any spurs at the clipped edge; file or sand them smooth the the touch (yeah, its only about 30 thousandths, but any spikes will snag). Try to run it through again with the torch cable laid out in a straight line and with the tip off the gun. Put the tip on over the protruding wire. Usually works.
Spool ran out and I pulled the remainder out as I always do, went to feed the new spool in and there is a blockage right past welder. I cannot for the life of me figure out how to remove the liner on this welder. No set screw found at brass fitting. I need now to figure out how to get the liner out. It's a lincoln 100hd weldpak. So fucking frustrating!
Old 12-07-2011, 07:03 PM   #80
One Less Harley
OH.THAT'S GONNA HURT

Oddometer: 4,576
Well when you get the welder fixed again, you can weld up the hole, just keep adding little blobs around the perimeter of the hole till it closes, grind down the excess. Hole gone.
2003 Suzuki DRZ 400S (TAT Prep)
One More DRZ does the TAT (Ride Report)

One Less Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 07:45 PM   #81
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
Well when you get the welder fixed again, you can weld up the hole, just keep adding little blobs around the perimeter of the hole till it closes, grind down the excess. Hole gone.
Thanks Richard. Got the liner out, needs to be replaced.
Old 12-07-2011, 07:57 PM   #82
bgoodsoil
Dare to be Stupid

Oddometer: 4,185
You're certainly welcome to my welder. I can bring it to the pity party.

Proud SmugMug User Support ADV: Don't give those cheap bums your discount code
bgoodsoil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 12:33 AM   #83
ontic

Oddometer: 1,037
All ye who enter this thread beware:
after letting the smoke out of my R90 last night, today I was up the top of very tall ladder on a drop sheet on polished floor boards working on the very high ceiling... the ladder stepped out a little (stretched its stance suddenly by the drop sheet slipping on the boards) and I came a fraction away from falling- saved only by instinctively reaching out to a curtain rod support and dropping my brush (but not the pot)- wouldn't have been pretty. I'm not sure I would have actually made it through the floor like Jenna, but at the least I would have made a good dent in it. I spend half my day up ladders so am pretty careful, and this was the closest I have ever come to a bad fall- got the heart beating.

As my R90 seems to have survived its smoke letting relatively unharmed, and then this ladder incident, I'm wondering if bullet dodging also comes in threes?

Have a good pity party guys and girls, sounds like fun.
ontic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:47 AM   #84
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Eeesh...glad you're not writing us from a hospital bed!!! Head and eyes up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ontic View Post
All ye who enter this thread beware:
after letting the smoke out of my R90 last night, today I was up the top of very tall ladder on a drop sheet on polished floor boards working on the very high ceiling... the ladder stepped out a little (stretched its stance suddenly by the drop sheet slipping on the boards) and I came a fraction away from falling- saved only by instinctively reaching out to a curtain rod support and dropping my brush (but not the pot)- wouldn't have been pretty. I'm not sure I would have actually made it through the floor like Jenna, but at the least I would have made a good dent in it. I spend half my day up ladders so am pretty careful, and this was the closest I have ever come to a bad fall- got the heart beating.

As my R90 seems to have survived its smoke letting relatively unharmed, and then this ladder incident, I'm wondering if bullet dodging also comes in threes?

Have a good pity party guys and girls, sounds like fun.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:31 PM   #85
Mane
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 410
Pissed Damn it!!

Damn it, no so good times for airhead folks, eh?

Yesterday I found out my front brake disc its warped... (now searching for a replacement that is not $470.00...)

Jenna, I'm sorry to hear about your woes. I wish you and everybody else good times in the near future, hang on!

(....and what about you last ride report, did you ever managed to post it here in advrider?)

Regards,
Mane
'03 BMW R1150GS Adventure (Death because of hopistalary infection R.I.P.)
"Never wrestle with a pig. You both get all dirty, and the pig likes it".
Mane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 07:12 PM   #86
MoMan
PigPen

Oddometer: 671
Ebay has them from time to time. Also EBC has good alternative replacements.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mane View Post
Damn it, no so good times for airhead folks, eh?

Yesterday I found out my front brake disc its warped... (now searching for a replacement that is not $470.00...)
...Mane
Old 12-09-2011, 05:09 PM   #87
Magnum1b
Magnum1b, yes I had one

Oddometer: 745
Wicked Too late

[QUOTE=hardwaregrrl;17438438]Should it be done on both sides? Or can I just keep it on the inside so no one else will laugh at me?

You. been takin lessons from Wothke? ; ) Rebar is Doug's trick on the Dirtster, that is when the shotgun barrel failed as a sidestand extender. LOL But it is pretty much locally available on any building site. Re-purpose, Re-purpose, Re-purpose............

I feel your pain Jenna. Best but got a little to close to me in Macon three weeks back and MANGLED my RH Jesse Pannier. I know it's a thumper, but I deserve some pity too. This after I threw a chain coming back from a middle Georgia rally in April and locked the rear wheel up and my wife coming to rescue me got rear-ended on 75 South and MANGLED the trailer and rearranged the rear quarter panel on my CRV. It's not been a "really good year". Can I get some pity here?

http://magnum1b.smugmug.com/photos/s...lbumKey=xxwr2x

Magnum1b screwed with this post 12-11-2011 at 01:57 AM Reason: added verbage and pictures
Magnum1b is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 06:31 PM   #88
red bud
alky w/motorcycle problem

Oddometer: 4,918
wow, just stumbled on to this one,

jenna hate hear about the luck.

hope things start improving

"red bud has anyone ever told u you're bit of an ass" bmwblake

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showthread.php?t=706516

red bud screwed with this post 12-09-2011 at 06:59 PM
red bud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #89
hardwaregrrl OP
You talkin' to me?

Sorry for the shit picture. I had a rough time getting everything back together. Having a dislocated thumb wasn't a help, a bitch to lever tire irons with it. But, it still looks third world ugly even with the tubing. Maybe the bike has just gained a new nickname!!

Still can't twist the throttle, so no test ride to see if I'll bust it, maybe I should just shove it over in the garage
Old 12-11-2011, 11:39 AM   #90
Lornce
Lost In Place

Oddometer: 17,293
I like the stay-puft seat.

Lornce is offline   Reply With Quote