ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 07:47 AM   #136
E-470
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
No.. I'm over 15 1/2 dammit.. and I'll be 16 in just 143.2 days.. so there. Like geez, for realz.

It was meant as a genuine question. When we went by it looked like he had somebody pulled over, but he could have just been assisting. Being a private road I'm curious who does the driving enforcement. If they don't do it themselves then I'm assuming they pay CSP?
The Safety Patrol vehicle you saw was assisting the individual. They regularly stop at parked vehicles on the shoulder to make sure the driver is alright and gets any assistance they may need. Safety Patrol offers a wide variety of assistance services including changing a flat, washer fluid top off, or a gallon of gas to get to a local gas station. We'll even take customers out of the cold to one of our offices if they stranded or give them access to a cell phone to call for a ride. This service is provided free of charge to all customers on E-470.

E-470 isn't a private road. We're a local government agency made up of members from the 8 jurisdictions E-470 passes through. CSP patrols E-470.
E-470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:09 AM   #137
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,469
Cool2

Quote:
Originally Posted by E-470 View Post
Safety Patrol offers a wide variety of assistance services ... free of charge
How 'bout they skip the concierge services for drivers (and the in-office massages for employees) and reduce the tolls?
Old 01-09-2012, 11:29 AM   #138
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,087
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
How 'bout they skip the concierge services for drivers (and the in-office massages for employees) and reduce the tolls?
Personally, I think cutting the tolls in half would put them in the ballpark of "reasonable". Instead, tolls will be increasing. Benchmark the tolls against comparable roads and they are way out of line. IMO, they only get away with it because CO drivers are largely unfamiliar with toll roads.

As others have said, if you don't like the fees, then take alternative routes.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 11:42 AM   #139
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,329
Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
They claimed to have stopped those in office massages.

But they go off to 'Toll Road Conventions'...I mean seriously you need a convention on Toll Roads. Being that my father works for the Federal Government he will even tell you most conventions are BS. It is a good excuse for higher ups to take a vacation, get wined and dined and pickup t-shirts, pens and what have you from vendors...LOL

Any new and bright idea in toll road design, and money collection is in trade magazines...really no reason to spend the $$$$ to send people to conventions. NO reason to pay extra baggage for golf clubs so they can golf while there (it's called rent them). NO reason to stay at the RITZ, would a 3-4 star place work just as fine, YEP.

The reason people did not want a huge road that direction was probably because they could not see the reason for it.

Like I posted, PA's all 357 miles of it and it only cost a whopping $35, that seems reasonable, I do understand they get probably 1000% more traffic. I just don't see the amount of the tolls here as sustainable especially with raising them yearly. I hope more people wake up like I did from all this and say, you know what I can afford to take it but WHY!!! Too many FREE routes that get me there...Oh I'm never in a hurry, someone coming in they can wait (although I typically leave early). My new thing is to get flights straight to Springs now even if it cost more...easier to deal with Springs, and closer to home, and just all around nicer airport.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:06 AM   #140
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,791
E470... I need to rant a moment; please forgive me but please hand it on to whomever is in charge of your website.

I am someone that has been building websites since 1994... it is 2012 and you guys just don't get it.
Your website is lousy. Period.
A huge percentage of the visitors to your website want do one thing: Pay the bill you sent them in the mail as fast as possible and get on with their life. Why do you make people jump through hoops to give you money?

Someone needs to learn about website design, functionality, and ergonomic design.

Example:

I used your tollway to go from I25 to I70 in December.
I got a statement in the mail: $9.
It says go to expresstoll.com to pay your statement.

I go to expresstoll.com.
I click the green "Pay my tolls" on the right.
I finally locate the "click here to pay online" text link and click it.

I get:
MAKE PAYMENT ONLINE
EXpressToll or License Plate Toll Sign-In
Pay Tolls Without Statement
Pay License Plate Toll Statement, Notice of Violation, and/or Hearing Officer's Final Order
Create an Account

I click the first one. Now I get:

EXpressToll or License Plate Toll Sign-In

If you have already created an EXpressToll or License Plate Toll account, please sign in to view/manage your account.

Email:
Password:
Forgot username or password?
First time logging in?

Login >

I don't have an account. I don't want an account... I use your road once a year maybe at most.
But alas I click "First time logging in?" so I can make an account.

Here's what I get:

FIRSTLOGIN

Please enter your account number.

Account number can be found in the customer profile letter or by calling customer service.

Account Number

If you have a temporary password then login with the Manage My Account to the right or use the Forgot username or password? options to reset or resend account information

I DON'T HAVE AN ACCOUNT NUMBER.
So what you are telling me is I cannot pay online without jumping through a bunch of hoops.
FAIL = In the end I had to call your phone line to pay the $9.
The fact that I own a technology company (i.e. I get it) and I couldn't pay a lousy $9 bill with you online in under a minute means you've failed.
Your web team just doesn't get it.
Your call volume has to be huge. The manager who thinks your high call volume means you guys are busy and doing a good job? Fire him.

Here's some free advice:

Put a big PAY NOW button on the first page.
Have it ask for your statement number and your credit card information and a PAY NOW button (put an OPTIONAL login/account link to the side). 10 seconds the customer is done.. you got your money and you weren't a pain the ass.

Marketing 101 Rant: Whomever the manager is that wants the website to work on an account system so that you have stickiness with your customers should be fired. People use your road because they need to get from A to B. They don't want an "account with you" and having an account with you will NOT cause them to drive your road more. They are going to drive your road because they need to. Don't shove "a relationship" with your company down their throats. If people need to use your road a lot, they will pursue the account to get a discount. Don't abuse the masses and try and increase stickiness by having them make an account it without needing it.

Geek screwed with this post 01-28-2012 at 11:21 AM
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 11:27 AM   #141
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,791
p.s. the fact that you came to this forum to answer questions means YOU are doing something right.
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 01:35 PM   #142
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
I remember for a while they were running ads for "follow us on twitter!".

Really? Is it that interesting?
Old 01-28-2012, 01:52 PM   #143
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
I remember for a while they were running ads for "follow us on twitter!".

Really? Is it that interesting?
You don't find toll news interesting...LOL

Geek is right their site is bad, very poor design for paying. My pet peeve with a lot of sites, even today they lack ease of use and clutter things up with too much information. No one cares about E-470 they just want to PAY a bill.

Geek - A site that ticks me off to no end is Magicjack, there site looks like something out of the mid 90's and is confusing...LOL Takes you 30 minutes to find what your looking for, typically you need to do a Google search to even figure out what your years left is.
Old 01-28-2012, 01:53 PM   #144
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,979
Quote:
Here's some free advice:

Put a big PAY NOW button on the first page.
Have it ask for your statement number and your credit card information and a PAY NOW button (put an OPTIONAL login/account link to the side).
Have a PayPal button also. I wouldn't give you guys my credit card info EVER.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2012, 02:03 PM   #145
modette
RMAR

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramz View Post
Have a PayPal button also. I wouldn't give you guys my credit card info EVER.
I would never use Paypal...my credit card, gets stolen I just report it and don't pay a thing. They take too much money out I do a chargeback...that simple. Paypal, they are an iffy organization.
Old 01-29-2012, 01:08 PM   #146
Dysco
Whackaducker

Oddometer: 16,013
I got a bill this week for Kate's motorcycle on E470 in December.

Her bike has been in a garage in Salida since November and hasn't been ridden outside of a test ride around the block. The last time it was in Denver was late August.
Dysco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 02:12 PM   #147
MeterPig
Meh

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dysco View Post
I got a bill this week for Kate's motorcycle on E470 in December.

Her bike has been in a garage in Salida since November and hasn't been ridden outside of a test ride around the block. The last time it was in Denver was late August.
I would think the cameras they use to pick up your plate got a bad scan. But then again, how would one prove that?

For full disclosure, I use the E-470 about 50 bucks worth a month. For where I live to where I am going, it can't be beat during high traffic or high snow times. Add to the fact that one can normally do about 10 over and not get busted is a plus (most of the time). So when traveling from home to say, longmont...it is the best way to go. The best part is, I don't have to pay the E470 tax at renewal time which is strange given that other counties did have to.
Old 01-29-2012, 05:02 PM   #148
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,387
Yep I tried the website thing ! Got so pissed off I ended up just calling and dished out a fair amount of abuse to some poor girl I finally reached , it was along the lines of "your website sucks the big on and so does your robotic answering service. "

You are right Geek the website is truly pathetic but the answering service will suck your bloody brain out !
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .450 Sherco called Bling .
13 Sherco 300i called The Bee's Knees .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 05:12 PM   #149
gfountain
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 135
It must be motorcycle abuse month. We got a $3.00 charge for my daughters XT250 which has been sitting in the garage for two months. That is one vehicle I don't care to see on E470. It only took one quick phone call to correct the problem. The woman I spoke with said they read the last character on the plate incorrectly.

'05 R1200RT, '06 WR450F, '11 990 Adventure

AMA, BMWMOA, BMWMCC, COHVCO
gfountain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2012, 08:56 PM   #150
MeterPig
Meh

I think it was said before..but..

Those of us who bend over reguarly to get a transponder are offered the "Deal" of 10% off if we use a tranponder. However, if the transponder doesn't read (for whatever reason), we get charged the full amount. Does it break the bank? No, but it is dishonest on their part.