ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-30-2012, 07:24 AM   #151
E-470
Adventurer

Oddometer: 18
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeterPig View Post
I think it was said before..but..

Those of us who bend over reguarly to get a transponder are offered the "Deal" of 10% off if we use a tranponder. However, if the transponder doesn't read (for whatever reason), we get charged the full amount. Does it break the bank? No, but it is dishonest on their part.
I want to make sure that everyone understands how the EXpressToll system works. The transponders are very effective provided that you you keep it with you and mounted correctly on your vehicle if applicable. The discount provided to EXpressToll customers is 20% for all E-470 tolls and the only time an EXpressToll customer would receive a bill in the mail separate from their account is if the vehicle's license plate was not updated with us. Even if the transponder fails to activate, we use your plate number as a back up to make sure you continue to receive the discounted toll rate. That's why it's important to maintain correct information on your account. I'm sorry you feel this is dishonest.

Jake
E-470 Public Highway Authority
E-470 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:50 PM   #152
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,332
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-470 View Post
I want to make sure that everyone understands how the EXpressToll system works. The transponders are very effective provided that you you keep it with you and mounted correctly on your vehicle if applicable. The discount provided to EXpressToll customers is 20% for all E-470 tolls and the only time an EXpressToll customer would receive a bill in the mail separate from their account is if the vehicle's license plate was not updated with us. Even if the transponder fails to activate, we use your plate number as a back up to make sure you continue to receive the discounted toll rate. That's why it's important to maintain correct information on your account. I'm sorry you feel this is dishonest.

Jake

Yep, I give you that...that is how I understood it to work. How it was explained to me when I got the transponder, hence why you can not just put it in another vehicle, then you will be doubled billed.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 12:54 PM   #153
modette
RMAR

Oddometer: 4,332
Quote:
I would think the cameras they use to pick up your plate got a bad scan. But then again, how would one prove that?

Well if it is a cage in the picture when they look it up vs being a bike that be various obvious when you call in. Or if its a Harley and yours is a Dual Sport...yeah a picture means a lot. What I would like for them to do, is supply that picture with the bill or at the time you log on to pay.
modette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2012, 01:22 PM   #154
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-470 View Post

Jake
Jake-I went back and reread by bill you are correct. I misread it the first time around and now stand corrected.
Old 01-30-2012, 02:23 PM   #155
HellSickle
Scone Rider

Oddometer: 9,106
I'll echo Geek's comment on the website. It's a big PITA. I use the road once or twice a year. I would like to just Pay it now. Reference your paper bill number, not the plate #. There is no reason you can't have secure payment that doesn't require a user account.

When I've had billing issues in the past, the folks on the phone are very helpful and the problems have been quickly resolved. I do wonder how much staffing could be reduced in the plate reading system had a lower error rate.

HellSickle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:24 PM   #156
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 2,079
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
E470... I need to rant a moment; please forgive me but please hand it on to whomever is in charge of your website.
It says go to expresstoll.com to pay your statement.
Strange.. I just used E470 for an airport run last month. My first time on it since the cashless system. The bill they mailed me said to visit "www.go-pass.com" to pay my bill. I went the site, saw the Quick Pay, entered my Bill # and Account # that were printed right on the letter and entered my CC info.. done. Just like it should be.. no plate info or registration required.

I wonder why my letter directed me to Go-Pass and yours to ExpressToll?

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:44 PM   #157
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,838
Did you come from the south?
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2012, 05:46 PM   #158
thump_co
..ouch

Quote:
Originally Posted by Geek View Post
Did you come from the south?
Nope.. hopped on near Flatirons where it starts in the north and took it to Pena.

Old 02-01-2012, 08:42 PM   #159
MeterPig
Meh

Oddometer: 17,090
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
Nope.. hopped on near Flatirons where it starts in the north and took it to Pena.
Flatirons? So, over in Broomfield? That is the NW parkway.
Old 02-01-2012, 08:46 PM   #160
thump_co
..ouch

Quote:
Flatirons? So, over in Broomfield? That is the NW parkway.
Ugh.. just looked back at the letter - you're right. Mystery solved. I never made the distinction. So I probably have another bill coming for the portion from I-25 to Pena. whee..

Old 02-02-2012, 06:02 AM   #161
Geek
oot & aboot

Oddometer: 30,838
I went from I25 (near Thornton) to I70 (headed east).
Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2012, 07:16 AM   #162
E-470
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
Ugh.. just looked back at the letter - you're right. Mystery solved. I never made the distinction. So I probably have another bill coming for the portion from I-25 to Pena. whee..
Feel free to give us a call at 303-537-3470 and we'd be happy to look up and help you take care of any toll transactions accrued on E-470.

Customers who choose to use the License Plate Toll system and use both E-470 and Northwest Parkway are going to receive two separate bills. This is because the two sections of the road are operated independently. You can avoid getting two separate bills in the future by signing up for an EXpressToll account if you wish. The EXpressToll account will also eliminate any processing or mailing fees associated to Northwest Parkway bills. E-470 does not charge these additional fees to License Plate Toll customers.

Jake
Old 02-02-2012, 01:26 PM   #163
thump_co
..ouch

Thanks for clarifying, Jake.

Old 02-02-2012, 07:18 PM   #164
pfb
Riding, not skiing.

Oddometer: 5,471
I have an ExpressToll account. And transceivers on all the household cars and a few of the bikes. I still get "VTolls" (video tolls) pretty much every month when the system doesn't properly read my transceiver.

Wonder how many video "misreads" I've paid for because I don't keep track of each and every time any of my vehicles goes through a toll station, cross-reference it to the bill, and then call to dispute the incorrect reads?

Naah, that system isn't flawed...

What do you guys claim as your video read error rate anyway? Based on the number of people on this thread alone who have received erroneous bills, my guess is that it is much higher than any "insiders" are admitting.

pfb screwed with this post 02-03-2012 at 08:57 AM
pfb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2012, 08:00 AM   #165
E-470
Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfb View Post
I have an ExpressToll account. And transceivers on all the household cars and a few of the bikes. I still get "AVITolls" (video tolls) pretty much every month when the system doesn't properly read my transceiver.

Wonder how many video "misreads" I've paid for because I don't keep track of each and every time any of my vehicles goes through a toll station, cross-reference it to the bill, and then call to dispute the incorrect reads?

Naah, that system isn't flawed...

What do you guys claim as your video read error rate anyway? Based on the number of people on this thread alone who have received erroneous bills, my guess is that it is much higher than any "insiders" are admitting.
AVI Tolls are not video tolls. AVI stands for Automatic Vehicle Identification and means your transponder was picked up. Even if you do receive the occasional VTOLL or Video Toll, we still give EXpressToll customers the 20% discount on the tolls. If this occurs often on your account, please make sure your transponder is mounted correctly or give us a call and we'd be happy to mail you a free replacement transponder. We're over 99% accurate with our VTOLLs and License Plate Tolls.

Jake