ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > The Rockies It's all downhill from here...
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-05-2011, 09:33 PM   #46
murgatroid42
Great Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,171
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-470 View Post
Hi, I'm an employee with E-470! I help manage our Facebook page and Twitter handle.

E-470 is a cashless toll road. To put it simply, when you drive past one of our toll plazas, we take a picture, and then mail a bill about 30 days afterwards to your vehicle's registered address. According to Colorado Revised Statute 43-4-506.5, the registered owner, not the driver of the vehicle is responsible for toll payments. So be careful who you loan your vehicle to! ...

Jake
E-470 Public Highway Authority
What happens if I take a rental car from DIA to northern Colorado using E-470? Who gets billed and how?
murgatroid42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:38 PM   #47
TheDudeAbides
Sarcasm free11/11/10

Oddometer: 7,792
Quote:
Originally Posted by murgatroid42 View Post
What happens if I take a rental car from DIA to northern Colorado using E-470? Who gets billed and how?

Been there, done that.

The plate gets photographed, the rental company gets a bill which they promptly send to you.

They know the car and the date it was used. Only takes them a few seconds to figure out that Murgatroid was up to know good.

2001 BMW F650 GS Dakar (Stolen!)
2004 DRZE
2004 BMW 1150 GSA
TheDudeAbides is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 04:59 AM   #48
Lounge
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 394
Quote:
Originally Posted by modette View Post
But if I am from say FL, 'Colorado Revised Statute 43-4-506.5' will not mean much to me.

You probably would not be able to answer this or want to in an honest manor. But is there recourse for out of state drivers that don't pay. It probably happens....

Just curious is all.
You are bound by the laws of the jurisdiction you are in at the time of the 'infraction' - i.e. traffic signals, speed limits, DUI levels, etc. Pretty sure CO Revised Statute 43 applies similarly.
Old 12-06-2011, 05:19 AM   #49
JWhitmore44
pistolero

Oddometer: 1,478
I-70 in eastern Kansas turns into a toll road. I can go about 30 miles and the toll is a $1.75. When E-470 had maned toll booths I think I paid what, $2.00 at each booth? How far apart were the booths, 5 miles? The last time I was on E-470 with the camera system I think I passed one both (I went about 8 miles). I got a bill in the mail for almost $12.00. If it's going to cost that much to maintain the camera system I would rather they put people back in the booths so that my money helps out folks instead of feeding a "political subdivision" (is that term you used E-470?).
Old 12-06-2011, 07:18 AM   #50
Osprey!
a.k.a. Opie

Oddometer: 3,713
The Tolls seem a little high, but the road is well maintained and I've only seen light traffic. Works for me, since I don't use it all that much.

The interesting thing is that a Portugese/Brazilian partnership bought the road in 2008 and they paid 90x revenue. That's a HUGE price, built on the assumption of future growth. The deal was structured as a long-term lease.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:32 AM   #51
Coloradical
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,043
Quote:
Originally Posted by Osprey! View Post
The interesting thing is that a Portugese/Brazilian partnership bought the road in 2008 and they paid 90x revenue. That's a HUGE price, built on the assumption of future growth. The deal was structured as a long-term lease.
I thought that was just for the Northwest Parkway. I think E470 is a different entity.
Old 12-06-2011, 11:42 AM   #52
Slumdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
The NW parkway is truly a ghost town that few use.
Slumdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 12:58 PM   #53
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by E-470 View Post
Hi, I'm an employee with E-470! I help manage our Facebook page and Twitter handle.
E-470. You are being charged $1.88 per keystroke for your posting here. Capital letters are charged double. This is to cover the infrastructure and ongoing operating costs for ADV. This is permitted under Intrawebs Revised Statute 12-345.6-BENDOVER.4. Please note the registered owner of your username is responsible for these toll payments. So be careful who you loan your computer to. You will receive your bill in about 30 days.

If you have billing questions, please call 1-800-PAYUSORWEWILLSTICKACOLLECTIONAGENCYONYOURASS. Thank you for visiting ADV Rider.

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #54
shearboy2004
KIWIINUSA

Oddometer: 4,262
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post
E-470. You are being charged $1.88 per keystroke for your posting here. Capital letters are charged double. This is to cover the infrastructure and ongoing operating costs for ADV. This is permitted under Intrawebs Revised Statute 12-345.6-BENDOVER.4. Please note the registered owner of your username is responsible for these toll payments. So be careful who you loan your computer to. You will receive your bill in about 30 days.

If you have billing questions, please call 1-800-PAYUSORWEWILLSTICKACOLLECTIONAGENCYONYOURASS. Thank you for visiting ADV Rider.

07 Sherco 450 called BLING.
07 Sherco 510 called Holy Shit .
shearboy2004 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 01:39 PM   #55
Slumdog
Adventurer

Oddometer: 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by thump_co View Post

Also, you get charged just for lurking (same as motorcycles which cause zero damage charged same as a car).
Slumdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 03:44 PM   #56
DS Hobo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 39
Last time I checked E470 was using tax dollars

When I lived in Aurora I paid $10 per year per vehicle registration to the County for E-470. Has this fee been retired by the Counties/Cities who are the E-470 Authority's voting members? Maybe someone can check their registration.
DS Hobo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:06 PM   #57
Ghost_Mutant
looking for bionics

Oddometer: 699
Forgot something about E470 that I should have remembered. I was driving back from Franktown to the north side where I live last Sunday night in the snow. I took Parker to E470 and drove that until I70, which is where I usually get off these days when making this trip because of the rate hikes (I used to drive E470 up to 104th or 120th.).

Immediately upon exiting E470 onto I70, I noticed a drastic change in the road conditions due to the snow. Apparently the E470 folks have the money to burn putting down the de-icing mix. And let me tell you it makes a difference.

So combine the snow covered road conditions on I70 along with the yahoos trying to get home from Pena/Airport traffic................I should have stayed on E470 and payed the extra fees. Would have gotten home sooner and probably had less worry about the idiot who isn't using the 2 second rule while sniffing my tail.
Ghost_Mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:09 PM   #58
TimothyCaseTimothy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 531
Quote:
Originally Posted by Slumdog View Post
Also, you get charged just for lurking (same as motorcycles which cause zero damage charged same as a car).
I think they have one of those bots, or whatever, that send you an e-mail when someone says E-470 on the interwebs...there, I said it, E-470...
TimothyCaseTimothy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:13 PM   #59
thump_co
..ouch

Oddometer: 1,868
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimothyCaseTimothy View Post
I think they have one of those bots, or whatever, that send you an e-mail when someone says E-470 on the interwebs...there, I said it, E-470...
The part that concerns me is they have enough cash for a dedicated person to patrol around the webs and do PR. PR for a fvcking road? Seriously?

AMA | COHVCO | Stay The Trail | BRC | TPA | BCTR | NCTR
thump_co is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 11:36 PM   #60
ramz
Professional Trail Rider

Oddometer: 1,880
Quote:
The part that concerns me is they have enough cash for a dedicated person to patrol around the webs and do PR.
Actually, because of the high rates and sleezy collection process, they DON'T have enough cash; he's trying to drum up business.
ramz is offline   Reply With Quote