ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-13-2012, 11:48 AM   #151
zzo
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 138
Meet up in Darby

Tim: My brother and I will probably meet you in Darby on Sunday night. So, if you know where you'll camp in Darby, let me know. My cell is 406-465-3428 if we need to coordinate that way. There is a commercial campground across from the Darby Logger's Day fairgrounds that we used previously if folks don't mind showers and city water.

Pat
Old 07-13-2012, 03:34 PM   #152
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,526
I was headed there to scout it out when my fuel pump crapped out on me.
A replacement is on the way and I will be headed there. I just might see you all there.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 06:11 PM   #153
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,297
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Fisherman View Post
I was headed there to scout it out when my fuel pump crapped out on me.
A replacement is on the way and I will be headed there. I just might see you all there.
Sorry to hear about your fuel pump. I hope this isn't a bad omen, I've also got an '08 WRR...on the original pump.
IdahoRenegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:27 PM   #154
Mr. Fisherman
Ray soon to be AWAY!

Oddometer: 10,526
Well, it was the first problem i have had since i figured out the right chain tension.
Mr. Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 07:45 PM   #155
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Has everyone decided where they are staying Sat night? I haven't made reservations at Red River Hot Springs, was wating to hear if the corridor was clear.
That sounds like a good idea. I may trailer out to the area from PDX, but that entails leaving my rig somewheres for a week! We'll see.

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-13-2012, 08:51 PM   #156
Idarider
R1200GS

Oddometer: 1,952
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien View Post
That sounds like a good idea. I may trailer out to the area from PDX, but that entails leaving my rig somewheres for a week! We'll see.
My driveway in Lewiston has plenty of room or my driveway in Pierce has plenty of room.
Old 07-14-2012, 10:54 PM   #157
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,229
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idarider View Post
My driveway in Lewiston has plenty of room or my driveway in Pierce has plenty of room.
Idarider, I appreciate that offer, and I may take u up on it! Thank you.

I came across your great state a week ago from the Tetons. Had to stop in at Diamond Lil's for a couple beers; it was hot!

"Bad roads, good people. Good roads, bad people." Mama Espinoza
“Ride first, tart second. Sorry bro but that’s the way it has to be.” Cbrit, 2008
“You gas it where I brake!” trackday passenger, Thunderhill, 2005
HellsAlien is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 07:49 PM   #158
xr_doug
Adventurer

Oddometer: 36
Getting close enough now to see the first half of the trip in the 10-Day weather forecasts. Lookin' good!
...this ain't no motel/cafe ride..it's a disaster of lost souls in the forbidden wilds of far lost oregon...(Peterman)
xr_doug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2012, 09:05 PM   #159
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xr_doug View Post
Getting close enough now to see the first half of the trip in the 10-Day weather forecasts. Lookin' good!
Yes it does! Just came in from the shop, the chain saw is now attached to the bike

How long it stays attached remains to be seen.
Old 07-16-2012, 11:30 PM   #160
Danodemotoman
Danodemotoman

Oddometer: 251
Dan is out

Already sent PM to Tim.
I'm out due to daughter's foot has bone fracture and I am caretaker.
Crapo.
Family first of course.
Old 07-17-2012, 06:25 AM   #161
Clark60
n00b

Oddometer: 9
Riding from Hayden Lake

Idaho Renegade and roadglide....looks like we may be leaving from somewhat of the same local area, if you want to consider traveling together call me, (clark richards at 509-953-9573) ...I will likely stay at red river as well, still working on the ok from the wife for the trip but pretty confident I will get the ok.
Clark60 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 07:46 AM   #162
IdahoRenegade
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clark60 View Post
Idaho Renegade and roadglide....looks like we may be leaving from somewhat of the same local area, if you want to consider traveling together call me, (clark richards at 509-953-9573) ...I will likely stay at red river as well, still working on the ok from the wife for the trip but pretty confident I will get the ok.
Sounds great to me, are you heading out Sat morning? I've put together a GPS track, Cataldo, over Latour Creek, Marble Creek to Elk River, Dent Bridge and Orifino. Should be mostly gravel. From there it's a short hop on pavement through Kooskia IIRC and on to Elk City. Would really like to ride with someone. I was figuring on leaving early, breakfast in CDA and then pushing on.

IdahoRenegade screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 09:51 AM
Old 07-17-2012, 07:49 AM   #163
Wansfel
50 yrs on 2 wheels

Oddometer: 991
Well the KLR is pretty well sorted out mechanically. Gear ready to pack. Changed oil yesterday, wash the bike and start loading bags today.

Going to be a terrible ride to get to Elk City. Have to ride 120 tortuous miles across US 12/Lolo Pass to the Selway, then south cross country on back roads to Elk City. Been refining the routes for the GPS. Have a couple I need to go back to the computer and recalulate. My Etrex Legend will only accept 50 waypoints per route so I have a couple of segments I need to trim. Probably head out Friday and arrive Elk City Friday PM (or Saturday if I get caught in some trap like a perfect camping location).

I have USFS maps for the Idaho and Bitterroot areas of operation. Might have to pick up some more over East of the mountains.

Any other riders from Western MT?

Ride careful. A rider got nailed by a big horn sheep up on 200 yesterday and tossed down in front of an oncoming vehicle.

Note: Home is near Stevensville. If anyone needs a place to wrench/crash while in this area, I have space and garage space w/tools, mig welder etc. Goes for any time/anybody, not just this trip.

And my SPOT link:
http://share.findmespot.com/shared/f...80zZK6FnpfIGsT

cell:406-360-7813 (although much of this trip is outareach)

Wansfel screwed with this post 07-17-2012 at 07:55 AM
Wansfel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 08:17 PM   #164
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,300
I just got back from an extensive and fun family camping trip off the grid in E WA, so now I'm "dialing in" on our proposed ride. I'll call the respective ranger stations tomorrow morning and get an update and post it here. I see I have 4 PM's that are probably related to our ride. I'll handle those via a reply to the PM unless there is information that needs to be public.

I'm looking forward to the ride, but the roads need to be open. I don't want to spend my one free week bushwhacking my way across ID.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2012, 11:37 AM   #165
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 703
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
I just got back from an extensive and fun family camping trip off the grid in E WA, so now I'm "dialing in" on our proposed ride. I'll call the respective ranger stations tomorrow morning and get an update and post it here. I see I have 4 PM's that are probably related to our ride. I'll handle those via a reply to the PM unless there is information that needs to be public.

I'm looking forward to the ride, but the roads need to be open. I don't want to spend my one free week bushwhacking my way across ID.
Welcome back Timmer, hope you had a great trip!

Watercat and I are planning to come along on this trip (so no canceling it now). Watercat and I proved (no pictures so maybe it didn't happen) that his TE510 just barely fits in the 5x4 space left on my trailer in front of the Ural.

We'll probably be heading out early Saturday on I-90.

Steve - StoneAgeMan rules
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote