ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Pacific Northwet - Where it's green. And wet.
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-29-2012, 07:10 PM   #256
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien View Post
I got thru the Magruder corridor no problema. The others are moving thru much slower. It's an awesome ride thru huge country. I'm in Darby, MT, w/some sorta kinda web access. Couple from Helena had to bail early, her bike had bad fan/overheating on climbs. Too bad, she/they are good people to ride with.

Trimmer's spot shows him still coming out, but it's a big place. The rest are intent on camping south. It's 100F here in the shade, so I wimped out for a shower and A/C!

RoadRash would!

Can the Magruder be done in a pickup this year? Taking a family vacation to the east in August and I am looking at adding this in as it is something I have wanted to do. Thanks in advance.
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #257
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,312
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
Can the Magruder be done in a pickup this year? Taking a family vacation to the east in August and I am looking at adding this in as it is something I have wanted to do. Thanks in advance.
Yes, but very slowly. Just make sure your rig is in top shape as its a long ways from assistance.

Tim in Burien, WA
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Timmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:59 PM   #258
Watercat
. . . gravity sucks

Oddometer: 1,542
Quote:
Originally Posted by IdahoRenegade View Post
Just pulled in a few minutes ago. That was a week of the best riding and camping of my life!

Ditto that ! ! ! . . . . . . . . .

StoneAgeMan and I Just made it back to See-attle.

What a fabulous ride ! ! ! ! !

Thanks again Tim.

" . . . discovery channel has been shit for over a decade . . . this (ADVrider) is actually good." - OldAndBusted

Expect the unexpected! - Skunked & DfunkD

2006 Husky TE 610
2005 Big Strom
2010 THRUXTON
Watercat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 08:55 PM   #259
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

7:35pm and 1835 (s)miles and I'm home. It was beastly hot riding in from Colfax, WA.

I'm glad everyone liked the trip. It was a total hoot to ride with everyone and share some of the best MT has to offer. We're already thinking about a 2013 trip. Stay tuned.

For those who couldn't make it, get ready for picture overload. I'll put the link to the pic's for the riders to post into, and I'll do a ride report with tracks, etc. which will be a day by day account.

Tim in Burien, WA
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 07-29-2012, 09:00 PM   #260
HellsAlien
a has-been that never-was

Oddometer: 2,318
Quote:
Originally Posted by Edwards View Post
E,
I would do it in a well-prepped pickup. Some of it is pretty tight though. And I would take a small chain saw because you drive by millions of burnt standing lodge pole pines that fall almost every day, not to mention what happens up there when the wind really blows!

And I would recc doing it family style in two days, camping at one of the low spots where there's stream/water access and shade. Have fun!
HellsAlien is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 09:08 PM   #261
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

Linky to Picture Thread

Here's a linky to the picture posting thread for the 2012 Best of Montana Riders:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post19242900

Let's keep the pictures over there. If you want to do a ride report, please do it in the conventional fashion in the correct subforum and post the link here.

Again, thanks to all the riders who made this ride such a success.

Tim
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100
Old 07-29-2012, 09:09 PM   #262
Edwards
Gravel Eddie

Oddometer: 250
Quote:
Originally Posted by HellsAlien View Post
E,
I would do it in a well-prepped pickup. Some of it is pretty tight though. And I would take a small chain saw because you drive by millions of burnt standing lodge pole pines that fall almost every day, not to mention what happens up there when the wind really blows!

And I would recc doing it family style in two days, camping at one of the low spots where there's stream/water access and shade. Have fun!
Thanks guys, I appreciate the advise.
Edwards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2012, 12:46 AM   #263
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Oddometer: 718
Day one pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timmer View Post
Here's a linky to the picture posting thread for the 2012 Best of Montana Riders:

http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post19242900

Let's keep the pictures over there. If you want to do a ride report, please do it in the conventional fashion in the correct subforum and post the link here.

Again, thanks to all the riders who made this ride such a success.

Tim
I posted a couple of starting pictures of the first meetup of the first day, here where Timmer's link is:http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post19242900

Now I am waiting for others to post any early morning shot(s)

After that I'll have reviewed more pics from later in the first day and will post those

Also, big thanks to Timmer for putting in the legwork to pull this together, for keeping his cool under pressure, and for doing a great job as sweep
StoneAgeMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2012, 12:32 PM   #264
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

More pictures

For those who've forgotten, the pictures from this ride are at: http://www.advrider.com/forums/showt...0#post19242900

Several folks have updated that post, I put my flowers from day one up, pictures of people from day one will go up next.

StoneAge steve
Old 08-12-2012, 09:19 PM   #265
StoneAgeMan
Wanderer

Lots of pics

Bump Shameless plug, Timmer's picture thread, see above, has had many, many pictures added in the last week. I took over 1500 photos during the 8 days, the first three days were the Magruder Corridor from Elk City and another couple of traversing Montana.

Now I've posted up through most of Day 4, the Gravelly range, multiple posts with lots and lots of photos, 37 photos of the first hour(!) of Day 4, the 9000'-9450' alpine meadows in full blossom.

StoneAge
Old 08-12-2012, 09:30 PM   #266
Timmer OP
Beastly Adventurer

+1000 on the photos.
'03 Wing
'01 ST1100