User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-03-2012, 06:57 AM   #1
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Oddometer: 338
2012 Indianapolis MotoGP Rally (5th Annual) Aug 16-19

I will be hosting the 5th annual Indianapolis MotoGP campout and bonfire again this year. Last year we had a great turnout and I hope to see some of the same faces again this year. We have a few people who have made every rally.

When:
The race this year is August 19th (Sunday). I will allow free camping on my property (I have several acres, I can accommodate as many as wish to attend) for the week before and after the race.

Where:
6240 W. Ralston Rd
Indianapolis IN, 46221

Food/Cooking: I will be leaving a grill in the camping area which everyone is free to use. I will also have coolers with ice to keep things fresh.

Bonfire:
I will be hosting a bonfire again this year. Last year we had a great turnout and lots of food. Keep in mind the city will be putting on a LOT of activities. There will be flat track racing, stunting, drag racing, and more. Since many folks will not be here during the week leading up to the race I will again hold the bonfire Saturday (August 18th) before the race. If you want to attend other activities the bonfire will probably still be going on when you return. For those that want to attend I will be asking for donations so I can put out a spread. Last year we had burgers, brats, hotdogs, salmon, potato salad, chips, veggies, not to mention beer.

Bathrooms: Last year there were nowhere near enough donations for a port-o-let so I'm thinking it will be the same this year. (They are very expensive around here that weekend, go figure). As always the trees and the creek are available. In the past there has never been a problem and I don't anticipate one this year either. People are welcome to come to the house to do their business. There are very nice pay showers at the track as well for those who want them. There is also a truck stop one exit away that was utilized last year for showers.

Race Day:
I will not be attending the race this year, however, I can still lead a bunch of folks to the track on Race Day if it is necessary. The track is less then 10 miles from my home and we made it last year in under 20 minutes. I know a few shortcuts to skip a great deal of the traffic.

If you are coming please post here and I'll try to make a list. I'll also answer any questions. If folks want to donate for the bonfire and cookout early my paypal account is eli at differnet dot org. If I have enough attendees (and donations) I will rent a port-o-let for the camping area.

Hope to see you here!
-GW
Old 02-03-2012, 11:23 AM   #2
dirtfarmerrich
Richard

Oddometer: 90
Graywolf I plan on being there Thursday. Thanks for the hospitallity.
dirtfarmerrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2012, 08:48 PM   #3
bk brkr baker
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 4,766
All right!!!

I was at the first and in town but occupied for the other 2.

Anyway, since the wolf has started this years thread, i purpose a fund be started to purchase a ticcy for Greywolf and fam. to see the G.P.
I'm in for $5.00 , who else ?
bk brkr baker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2012, 07:20 AM   #4
Kawikazi
Loose Cannon

Oddometer: 345
Indy Moto GP

I have never been to the Indy MotoGp but have it on my to do list for this summer. I would greatly appreciate being able to attend the campout/Rally. I'll be riding my Kawasaki ZZR600 from Harrisonburg, Virginia and I honestly don't know if anyone else from Virginia will be riding out, but would love to hook up with any other riders from this area or along the way. Oh, I'll be happy to make a cash donation to the campfire, porta-john and an event ticket for our host.
Kawikazi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-13-2012, 03:32 PM   #5
GrayWolf OP
Lupine Rider

Oddometer: 338
Things are looking pretty good for getting an advrider suite this year. As soon as I know I'll post the info here.

-GW
Old 03-29-2012, 05:14 PM   #6
ZLTFUL
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 312
I would possibly be interested in attending. I usually hang out with the Ducati or Monster Energy folks but don't have any commitments this year. Of course, the weekend before is Ducati in the Rockies which I am booked for too...gonna be a long 2 weeks lol.
ZLTFUL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 05:53 AM   #7
Bill_Z
Dude! chill,...

Oddometer: 460
I am very interested in this road trip/event. I have passed the information on to my wife/riding buddy for consideration. I will be in touch. I would plan on arriving on Friday evening and leaving Monday. I will confirm later IF I can arrange the dates, etc. I would also be able to contribute to help with defraying some of your expenses, IF I make it. Thanx

Update: My ridin' buddy/wingman/wife said yes so we'd like to attend and plan on camping. I'm ready to kick in some paypal funds in support. How's 20-25 bucks sound?
LIMNCS #51

Bill_Z screwed with this post 04-21-2012 at 05:59 AM
Bill_Z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2012, 05:04 PM   #8
PhotoBiker
Please insert title here

Oddometer: 1,436
Thanks GW.

Glad I caught this, the MotoGP is on my list this year, provided I can fit it in.
'06 Ninja 250
Check out my Gallery
PhotoBiker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 06:00 PM   #9
Ron_Ces
Aging Hacker

Oddometer: 1,578
Campout/MotoGP

It looks like me and a riding buddy will be attending. I will touch base as we get closer. What's up with the suite?
Ron

BMW R1150GS ADV
KTM 300 EXC (plated)
Ron_Ces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2012, 08:33 PM   #10
vecchio Lupo
Diplomatico Di Moto

Oddometer: 414
Im In

I am so in on this, All the way from Bloomington (60 miles)

Moto Guzzi, going out of business since 1921
"Remember, Italian motorcycles are like Italian women, sometimes they stab you for no reason."
vecchio Lupo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2012, 11:50 AM   #11
hoggjaww
DOG ASS

Oddometer: 724
Hello Graywolf,

I just got accepted as a corner worker for this years GP, so I will be looking for a spot to pitch a tent. Sounds like a great place. I don't know yet what day I will have to arrive for orientation/training, but will definitely be looking you up. Thank you for doing this!

.Harry

You're not here for a long time, you're here for a good time. - Hutchie
hoggjaww is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-31-2012, 09:19 AM   #12
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,495
This sounds really cool, can you get tickets day of or do they sell out and you have to get them early. Looks like the race is Sun, is it worth going and watching Sat?
Old 06-02-2012, 07:38 PM   #13
drakehouse
Burnin' & Turnin'

Oddometer: 107
Gw -

If space is available, I would like to hang a hammock.
Sure to donate to the cause.
Looking forward to event.

Best to swim against the curent than float down stream
drakehouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2012, 05:09 AM   #14
sgtpaco
HoosierDaddy?

Oddometer: 84
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomN View Post
This sounds really cool, can you get tickets day of or do they sell out and you have to get them early. Looks like the race is Sun, is it worth going and watching Sat?
Tom,
You can get tickets for any of the days (Friday, Saturday, or Sunday). Indy is huge, only a couple of the premium stands have limited or no seats available. General admission can never sell out at that place. I love all three days. I walk around and check out different viewing points on Friday and Saturday, and only sit in my seat (E Penthouse) on Sunday. Plenty of action with practice, qualifying and support race (HD XR1200 on Saturday) on Friday and Saturday, along with Meridian Street in downtown Indy shutdown during the weekend for motorcycles only. Come for all three days and you won't regret it!
sgtpaco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2012, 06:12 AM   #15
TomN
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,495
Great, looks like I should be able to make it. Looking for company during the race since I will probably be coming alone. Willing to chip in for potty and cookout.