Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 01:07 PM   #46
BC61
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,154
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
Didn't know that Stewart was running last years Hendrick chassis...that's a little embarrassing.
Exactly, now the tough part is deciding to develop the new chassis or go back with the proven winner. The "old" Hendrick chassis is a six time champion.

My experience at Dakar 2012 www.bc2dakar.com
BC61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 01:09 PM   #47
wxwax
Excited Member

Oddometer: 76,728
Quote:
Originally Posted by larryboy View Post
I think the crash that Jimmy had this year really threw him off his game too. The soft wall safer car generation haven't ever really had bad crashes and I think it scares the hell out of them when they do.
That sure was a scary crash. Very Dale-like.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

To make an apple pie from scratch,
you must first invent the universe.
-- Carl Sagan
wxwax is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 02:27 PM   #48
pbarmy
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,818
Childress had the dirtiest(and another who tries real hard)driver ever,the man who wrecked more cars than anyone and he gos after Busch.What a douche-bag!
pbarmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 03:57 PM   #49
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Oddometer: 10,116
Kurt Busch Interview that caused his firing...

This Kurt Busch thing is baloney if it was based on the Doctor Jerry Punch interview. Here it is on U tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg

KB clearly didn't want to talk to Punch at that moment. If Penske had somebody there with any balls, nothing would have happened. Jerry Punch, like all those tabloid paparazzi, doesn't care what Busch wants. He only cares what he and his producer wants. This from a guy who has been trackside for 25 years...

After this so-called 'tirade', we have all the media columnists piling on in outrage over KB's rejection of the their man. I think it's laughable... Look at it and decide for yourself.

I think guys like Punch are creeps (lots of them in baseball too). Plus, if that is an anger management tirade, I've heard a lot worse in the 12 years I carted my kids to youth hockey matches all over New England. Heck, you should go see a Saturday night modified race in California!

Just preposterous in my mind. It's nothing more than the reporter darlings being pushed aside. One of them made that video and put it on U-tube for effect. It's all contrived. They want to end his career if they can. Those people are garbage. They serve no good purpose at all. Of coures they are part of the show...

If I had a team or was a driver on a team, I would have a personal media handler to run interference with those creeps. He'd grant or decline the interviews and stand right next to the driver during. When things went sideways, his job is to simply take the driver into the hauler and leave the creeps standing. That would make for better TV yet, except they wouldn't publish it...

NASCAR could learn a few things from DORNA. MotoGP riders are protected from the garbage out there like Jerry Punch, Michael Vega and the like.

In any event, teams have to run at the front to keep sponsors. Tony Stewart (and many others) demonstrated that winning is more important than talking to Jerry Punch. Kurt Busch will get a good ride and win more races. There are lots of needy teams and a driver that can win won't go hungry.
Pantah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 04:36 PM   #50
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 9,985
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pantah View Post
This Kurt Busch thing is baloney if it was based on the Doctor Jerry Punch interview. Here it is on U tube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NsaBQq5D4Zg

KB clearly didn't want to talk to Punch at that moment. If Penske had somebody there with any balls, nothing would have happened. Jerry Punch, like all those tabloid paparazzi, doesn't care what Busch wants. He only cares what he and his producer wants. This from a guy who has been trackside for 25 years...

After this so-called 'tirade', we have all the media columnists piling on in outrage over KB's rejection of the their man. I think it's laughable... Look at it and decide for yourself.

I think guys like Punch are creeps (lots of them in baseball too). Plus, if that is an anger management tirade, I've heard a lot worse in the 12 years I carted my kids to youth hockey matches all over New England. Heck, you should go see a Saturday night modified race in California!

Just preposterous in my mind. It's nothing more than the reporter darlings being pushed aside. One of them made that video and put it on U-tube for effect. It's all contrived. They want to end his career if they can. Those people are garbage. They serve no good purpose at all. Of coures they are part of the show...

If I had a team or was a driver on a team, I would have a personal media handler to run interference with those creeps. He'd grant or decline the interviews and stand right next to the driver during. When things went sideways, his job is to simply take the driver into the hauler and leave the creeps standing. That would make for better TV yet, except they wouldn't publish it...

NASCAR could learn a few things from DORNA. MotoGP riders are protected from the garbage out there like Jerry Punch, Michael Vega and the like.

In any event, teams have to run at the front to keep sponsors. Tony Stewart (and many others) demonstrated that winning is more important than talking to Jerry Punch. Kurt Busch will get a good ride and win more races. There are lots of needy teams and a driver that can win won't go hungry.

All good points Pantah. There was talk a few years ago of keeping the reporters away from the drivers for a cooling off period after incidents and race finishes. I kind of like Jerry, so that smarts, but he was pushing it as most of them do. Then they are all aghast when they get exactly what they were hoping for. It is a lot hooeeey. Get your delay and beeper button out if you are going to be in their face.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:11 PM   #51
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by shrineclown View Post
All good points Pantah. There was talk a few years ago of keeping the reporters away from the drivers for a cooling off period after incidents and race finishes. I kind of like Jerry, so that smarts, but he was pushing it as most of them do. Then they are all aghast when they get exactly what they were hoping for. It is a lot hooeeey. Get your delay and beeper button out if you are going to be in their face.
Punch has been there for a long time. He was pretty good in the early days too. But you can see from the video that he is consulting his producer as the interview failed. KB made his point that he didn't want to talk. Nobody left. They simply pressed him until they had something to make a story.

Foul play in my mind. Punch knew it and proceeded anyway. Contrived in my mind.

Seriously, you can't turn the sport over to the media with all-access. They'll kill it off for a bump for chrissakes. Every major league sport controls media access to players. It's a battle, but they get it done except the folks on International Speedway, Daytona FL! There is a reason the major sports control their media and we have seen it first hand. NASCAR needs to step up. If not them, than thier teams need to control it. We fans are not stupid. We know when a player is cursing pissed for whatever reason in any sport!

Pantah screwed with this post 12-08-2011 at 05:17 PM
Old 12-08-2011, 05:12 PM   #52
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
"Kurt Busch showed disrespect toward a media member, an incident that followed similar inappropriate media confrontations earlier in the season," NASCAR said in a statement announcing the penalty.
Busch had a transmission problem early in Sunday's race that sent his Penske Racing Dodge to the garage. His in-car camera caught him making an obscene gesture during that time.

While his team made repairs, Busch waited to be interviewed by an ESPN reporter, and a fan videotaped Busch being verbally abusive while waiting to go live.

That video was posted on YouTube, and both Penske officials and Busch have apologized in separate statements for his behavior.

He lost all composure during a race at Richmond in May, when he berated his team and Penske management over his in-car radio.

Busch's sponsor Shell/Pennzoil said in a statement it was disappointed with the driver.
"Shell and Pennzoil are disappointed with recent actions by driver Kurt Busch at the final race of the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race season," the company said in a statement. "His actions are in no way consistent with the way we want our brands represented and we have expressed our disappointment and concerns directly to Penske Racing."

At the same track in September, he had an angry post-race confrontation on pit road with another reporter, then continued the argument before his formal news conference. He also ripped apart another reporter's papers the same evening.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...ned/51398766/1
Good thing NASCAR isn't around me during a race, I cuss at a bunch of things.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:24 PM   #53
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Quote:
Originally Posted by geode View Post
"Kurt Busch showed disrespect toward a media member, an incident that followed similar inappropriate media confrontations earlier in the season," NASCAR said in a statement announcing the penalty.
Busch had a transmission problem early in Sunday's race that sent his Penske Racing Dodge to the garage. His in-car camera caught him making an obscene gesture during that time.

While his team made repairs, Busch waited to be interviewed by an ESPN reporter, and a fan videotaped Busch being verbally abusive while waiting to go live.

That video was posted on YouTube, and both Penske officials and Busch have apologized in separate statements for his behavior.

He lost all composure during a race at Richmond in May, when he berated his team and Penske management over his in-car radio.

Busch's sponsor Shell/Pennzoil said in a statement it was disappointed with the driver.
"Shell and Pennzoil are disappointed with recent actions by driver Kurt Busch at the final race of the 2011 NASCAR Sprint Cup Series race season," the company said in a statement. "His actions are in no way consistent with the way we want our brands represented and we have expressed our disappointment and concerns directly to Penske Racing."

At the same track in September, he had an angry post-race confrontation on pit road with another reporter, then continued the argument before his formal news conference. He also ripped apart another reporter's papers the same evening.

http://www.usatoday.com/sports/motor...ned/51398766/1
So you vote with the sports media against the sportsmen actually doing the deed? Shame on you. There is not one sports writer who has ever won anything for us fans. Sportsmen ply their athletic trade against whatever odds. They do it for themselves and maybe a little adulation from those of us who love the sport. When they become winners, I think they owe the media zero. In fact, once they reach the top, the media is only downside. Screw those people.

And Pennzoil can take a hike too. I use Golden Spectro.
Old 12-08-2011, 07:33 PM   #54
RedRocket
Yeah! I want Cheesy Poofs

Oddometer: 19,564
Quote:
Good thing NASCAR isn't around me during a race, I cuss at a bunch of things.

RedRocket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:25 PM   #55
wxwax
Excited Member

TV money and TV coverage is important to NASCAR and its sponsors.

Imagine a NASCAR without it.

It has been said that man is a rational animal. All my life I have been searching for evidence which could support this.
-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan

wxwax screwed with this post 12-09-2011 at 12:04 AM
Old 12-08-2011, 11:49 PM   #56
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,246
Thanks RedRocket, that was awesome!!

Sounds like me on some bitchin twisty road trying to get around a Prius holding up the entire world.
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 08:13 AM   #57
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wxwax View Post
TV money and TV coverage is important to NASCAR and its sponsors.

Imagine a NASCAR without it.
There would be races in the south like the old days, that is what it would be like. Oh yeah, and a whole lot less expensive to compete in.

shrineclown screwed with this post 12-09-2011 at 03:22 PM
shrineclown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2011, 02:04 PM   #58
wxwax
Excited Member

Quote:
There would be races in the south like the old days, that is what it would be like. Oh yeah, and a whole let expensive to compete in.
I guess I was trying to say that they're all partners. TV, sponsors and NASCAR share the product. Obviously, without the first two the series would be a lot smaller and many fewer people would follow it. All obvious stuff, I realize. As you were.

-- Bertrand Russell

-- Carl Sagan
Old 12-10-2011, 11:52 AM   #59
larryboy
Chopper Rider

Oddometer: 14,246
Interesting stats from the 2011 season.

Four times the leader at the end of regulation didn't win due to the green/white/checker format...Earnhardt just rolled over.

Joe Gibbs Racing blew up 6 engines during points races, changed 8 engines putting them at the back of the field...fired everybody in the engine shop and closed it up.

Childress/Earnhardt engines blew up 7 times.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111210/by...cup/index.html
larryboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2011, 12:00 PM   #60
Pantah
Patriot Nation?

Is there still a Yates car in the field? I was a big fan of the #28 and 88 cars and all the drivers that drove them. Allison and Irvan my favs. How about Morgan McLure? does he still field a car?

Thanks