User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-08-2011, 03:29 AM   #1
Kedgi OP
Banned

Oddometer: 1,388
East Coast Canada, December Day Trip, Video, KLR650

Here in New Brunswick Canada we don't get the chance that often to ride in December so on Monday when the temperature reached nearly 60 degrees or 15C I didn't hesitate to go for a ride up the shore.

I live in Shediac, NB which bills itself as the "Lobster Capital of the World." We are on the New Brunswick shore of Northumberland Straight. The Straight seperates New Brunswick from Prince Edward Island. New Brunswick's side of the straight has miles and miles of sandy, shallow beaches and boasts the warmest salt water, north of the Carolinas

In Summer the water here reaches 72 degrees, not bad for Canada. In winter there can be three feet of ice on the Straight.

Included below is a link to a short video I posted to youtube of a portion of my ride through the small village of Cap Lumiere, NB (Cape Light). It looks a little grey in this time of year but we enjoy a wonderful Summer.

In Summer Cap Lumiere has a few small campgrounds where there are mostly seasonal campers, and a great wharf that is used mostly by small lobster boats, you hardly ever see a pleasure craft there as it is completely undiscovered by tourists. The town also has beautiful beaches, with great swimming, where no one ever goes. Paradise!

The two lane blacktop through Cap Lumiere is the only road in town, there are no other streets or development. The ride from Shediac to Cap Lumiere is simply wonderful, right along the water all the way, though gorgeous cottage country and small villages.

Here is my video link. Enjoy the ride.

http://youtu.be/nDGm5XuEZqg
Kedgi is offline   Reply With Quote