Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-29-2013, 04:53 PM   #2161
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 629
Quote:
Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post
I cannot believe how much louder that thing is, especially on the highway. It sounds like a straight piped rally bike.
Uh-oh. I thought this seemed like a potentially usable pipe for me, but "straight-piped rally bike" is not gonna happen in my world. I like a bit of gusto and verve to a pipe, but the last thing I want to do is annoy people and/or wildlife.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:05 PM   #2162
swamp
U lie&yo'breff stank

Oddometer: 1,795
just leave it stock if you are worried about offending the squirrels . make sure to put some softer rubber on next time so you dont damage the pavement

off the grid and deep in the woods
swamp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:07 PM   #2163
Adventure MotoX
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 271
Quote:
Originally Posted by VitSports6 View Post
Very nice!
Does it have a cat. In there? It looked like a couple puffs of dark exhaust, maybe not warmed up yet or something.
It was a cold start.
Runs better after 60 seconds

www.AdventureMotoX.com
Adventure MotoX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 05:23 PM   #2164
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 621
Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp View Post
What kind of tires are those ? Any good? Size?
Heidenau K60's
130/80 rear and 90/90 front
They are great. I gave them a real good shake down off road yesterday and they worked great. Handle high speed hooligan stuff on the slab too.
I had TKC 80's before and they were toast at 5,500mi.
I've heard the K60's going for almost double on bigger bikes even.
I like 30psi front and 28 rear
Old 04-29-2013, 05:28 PM   #2165
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
Thanks. When I got home from my ride yesterday, I left the bike idling for a couple minutes while I opened the garage etc. I then shut it off while standing over the bike (sitting on it just a little, but flat footing it to keep it vertical), and checked the level immediately. It was very foamy and seemed like things might be draining still, so it was not an accurate reading. Waited another couple minutes while I got my riding gear off, then tested in the same manner. This time, no foam and the reading came right back where I expected it, at the max line. The acceptable band seems to be pretty wide, so I think going forward I will just let the bike sit for a couple minutes when I get home and check it in the same manner.
You gotta get a center stand from twisted throttle.
drill a hole in the skid plate for easy access to the drain bolt.
Get a suction pump with a good length of hose on the outlet to hang down to your catch tub on the deck. Then you can quick and easy pump out the oil from the tank. run the bike for a fan cycle + a couple minutes first. Swap out the new filter, fill the bike to I think 1.7 liters, run for a few minutes then top it off and rip
Old 04-29-2013, 05:32 PM   #2166
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
just leave it stock if you are worried about offending the squirrels . make sure to put some softer rubber on next time so you dont damage the pavement

HAAA HAAA!!
What a pisser
Old 04-29-2013, 06:00 PM   #2167
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

As funny as that hoped to be, annoyingly loud pipes are annoying. I'd like to find a pipe that offers a decent compromise between coming over a rise on 2-track to find that grizzly hadn't heard me and scaring water buffalo a continent away. I like some growl, but I don't want to be waking up the neighbours as I ride out of my driveway at 4 a.m. on a Sunday morning.

Sorry if that happens to be overly considerate and not worthy of membership to the righteous brotherhood of Blatty Bravado.
Old 04-29-2013, 06:32 PM   #2168
SwollenCranium
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post

As funny as that hoped to be, annoyingly loud pipes are annoying. I'd like to find a pipe that offers a decent compromise between coming over a rise on 2-track to find that grizzly hadn't heard me and scaring water buffalo a continent away. I like some growl, but I don't want to be waking up the neighbours as I ride out of my driveway at 4 a.m. on a Sunday morning.
Agreed.

If I wanted to be a douche bag with loud pipes, I'd gain 90 pounds of belly meat and buy a shitty Harley to blast up and down the roads at 0500.

More robust sound does not (should not) equal douche bag annoying.
SwollenCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:38 PM   #2169
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 921
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trane Francks View Post

Sorry if that happens to be overly considerate and not worthy of membership to the righteous brotherhood of Blatty Bravado.
Not sure if its the same for the Sertao, but the Leo I had on my KLR had a quiet insert that was just a little louder than stock, and it also had a short insert that was pretty friggin loud. Power really only jumped with the loud one...

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR
Gundy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 06:58 PM   #2170
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
Not sure if its the same for the Sertao, but the Leo I had on my KLR had a quiet insert that was just a little louder than stock, and it also had a short insert that was pretty friggin loud. Power really only jumped with the loud one...
A dB killer would be promising. There don't seem to be too many pipe options (that I've found) for the Sertao. And I do loves me the look of the Leo Vince can. A little louder than stock would be perfect. I'm hoping to plonk about on the 11,000 acres of the Ganaraska forest. The parks people are pretty strict about the 94-dB noise limit (louder gets you ticketed and/or banned from the park) as riders/ATVers share the trails with hikers, mountain bikers and horse riders. Then, of course, if one rides out of Ontario into Quebec, the cops just love to ticket guys with non-stock pipes. Being more on the quiet side is about the only way to get through some towns under the radar.
Old 04-29-2013, 07:13 PM   #2171
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 201
Leo Vince pipe

The pipe comes with a decibel killer already inserted which you can remove. Honestly, this thing is pretty loud at idle, about equal to my old piped Ducati Supersport. I take it easy riding out of the Neighbourhood in the morning so it isn't so bad; it really barks when you pour on the gas so a gentle throttle makes it more bearable than the Harley douchebag with the straight pipes down the street.
On the highway? It is loud, like FRIGGIN loud! Earplugs are a must. Motorists will not be pleased, as the barking sound is sure to disturb their cell phone calls, texting, reading, watching movies, etc...
homme de fer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 07:22 PM   #2172
Trane Francks
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post
On the highway? It is loud, like FRIGGIN loud! Earplugs are a must.
Is that with or without the insert?
Old 04-29-2013, 10:01 PM   #2173
giganova
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Wicked

Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
Take a look at your shifter. I'm betting it is below the peg. Remove the peg mount and shifter and move it up at least one notch. I can't remember if it took one or two. Get it level with the footpeg and try it.
My gear shifter was an inch below the peg, so I moved it up two notches. That totally did the trick -- thanks!
giganova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:20 PM   #2174
giganova
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
Hockey puck!
How do you install the puck? Drill a hole through the stand and screw the puck to the stand?
giganova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2013, 10:32 PM   #2175
VitSports6
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 179
Quote:
Originally Posted by giganova View Post
How do you install the puck? Drill a hole through the stand and screw the puck to the stand?
I just did this tonight.
I drilled my puck all the way through both pieces the diameter of the bolt, on the bottom end I counter sunk the bolts by drilling a hole slightly smalle then the nut, then I just screwed it all together.
I hope that helps.