Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-15-2013, 05:20 PM   #2431
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cal View Post
BMW diagnostic should have no effect on your warranty. My 2007GS has 77000kms and has never been plugged in at a dealer, one day if I run into someone with the tool it would be fun to see what comes up! My bike had 3 warranty water pump replacements and it did not matter that I did all the maintenance myself.

Thanks. Nice to be able to save a few hundred. The maintenance bills on my truck are lower!

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR
Gundy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2013, 11:17 PM   #2432
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
Seat Pan

Any of you know whether the seat pan from an F650 fits the G650? I need two seats for this bike and Sargent needs the pan. I need to keep the original stock but it's very hard to find a used G650 seat...

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 02:01 AM   #2433
kdennan
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 616
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb View Post
hey guys ... quick question for those of you with the explorer lite tank bag.

Picked one up and installed last night on my Sertao. Its my first real experience with a tank bag, as i've never needed on on my RT, since its got good storage.

The front mounting clips seem to close for comfort to the handlbars, i haven't ridden w/ it yet, but the clips seem like the will be impacted when handlebars are turned all the way to the locks on either side. I can't cinch is down an further to the back, because its already very close to the seat.

Anyone want to snap a pick of the front mounting setup on their bike?

<--tankbag noob.
Weird,
Mine tuck nice and tight right down past the front top of the faux tank and I mounted the strap to the frame support crossmembers, on the left side for example, just above the radiator cap. Slick. No bars anywhere near the straps.
If I remember, I'll snap a pic for ya' later.
Old 05-16-2013, 03:46 AM   #2434
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 727
Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound View Post
Any of you know whether the seat pan from an F650 fits the G650? I need two seats for this bike and Sargent needs the pan. I need to keep the original stock but it's very hard to find a used G650 seat...

Check out the flea market. Henrymartin is selling one for a $100. The F650 (single) and the G650 seats are interchangeable.
windowto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #2435
Gundy
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 873
Quote:
If you are looking for a stock seat...let me know. I have a brand new one all boxed up and ready to go somewhere....

'12 Tenere, '04 Tiger, '09 WRR, '06 DRZ, '06 TW, '01 250 EXC, '09 KLR
Gundy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:37 AM   #2436
Bronson1
Adventurer

Oddometer: 59
seat

If you still need the seat I have a new (replaced with a tall seat after about 200 miles) that I'll take $100 plus shipping for. Is off my 2012 sertao.
Bronson1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:28 AM   #2437
alprosound
HappyMan

Seat

Fantastic. I now have plenty to choose from. Thanks guys. I'll pm you.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

Old 05-16-2013, 08:54 AM   #2438
nylon2000
Wanderer

Oddometer: 253
Morning all:

Had my 6,000 mile service done yesterday, plus had the guy tidy up a lot of extras I'd been meaning to do: cut hole in the bash plate, adjust clutch cable, remove some play in the throttle, remap the cpu etc. Plus I put the high seat in her. She feels good, and I'm riding up to flagstaff today to test it all out.

Had a good experience with Victory BMW in Phoenix. The mechanic took his time, but did a good job. They bill a bit richly (billed me for 45 minutes to reset the adaption values? I thought that was needed after the 6k service when the valves got adjusted!), which is frustrating, but I've come to expect that from BMW. Anyone have a different experience?

Alpro - I have a stock seat, that i just swapped out for the high seat. Mine is sitting at Victory BMW in Phoenix, i told them to toss it on Monday, after i've tested the next one for a few hours. If you want to arrange shipping, you can have it for free. It's got 7k miles on it.

And, finally some videos:
> Desert riding on quads, in Little Sahara, Oklahoma. My tires were too bald to try it on the Sertao, but it would have been fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACxpZArxzU

> Getting stuck in mud, and then falling a lot on steep ground and big rocks, Colorado. Note that i fall when I panic and go off route, or when I'm doing low speed stuff. When riding the rocks are no problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=781gitprvyM

Dont laugh too much at the last one! It does make me look like a noob.

The expedition
About the bike
nylon2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 09:54 AM   #2439
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 520
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylon2000 View Post
Morning all:

Had my 6,000 mile service done yesterday, plus had the guy tidy up a lot of extras I'd been meaning to do: cut hole in the bash plate, adjust clutch cable, remove some play in the throttle, remap the cpu etc. Plus I put the high seat in her. She feels good, and I'm riding up to flagstaff today to test it all out.

Had a good experience with Victory BMW in Phoenix. The mechanic took his time, but did a good job. They bill a bit richly (billed me for 45 minutes to reset the adaption values? I thought that was needed after the 6k service when the valves got adjusted!), which is frustrating, but I've come to expect that from BMW. Anyone have a different experience?

Alpro - I have a stock seat, that i just swapped out for the high seat. Mine is sitting at Victory BMW in Phoenix, i told them to toss it on Monday, after i've tested the next one for a few hours. If you want to arrange shipping, you can have it for free. It's got 7k miles on it.

And, finally some videos:
> Desert riding on quads, in Little Sahara, Oklahoma. My tires were too bald to try it on the Sertao, but it would have been fun: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aACxpZArxzU

> Getting stuck in mud, and then falling a lot on steep ground and big rocks, Colorado. Note that i fall when I panic and go off route, or when I'm doing low speed stuff. When riding the rocks are no problem: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=781gitprvyM

Dont laugh too much at the last one! It does make me look like a noob.
Not sure if it's my work firewall, but the vid's are coming up as blocked because your using EMI music?
74' Kawasaki G3SS possible vintage race bike.
Soto Moto Adventures
alskee750 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 10:19 AM   #2440
bhb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
Originally Posted by bhb View Post
hey guys ... quick question for those of you with the explorer lite tank bag.

Picked one up and installed last night on my Sertao. Its my first real experience with a tank bag, as i've never needed on on my RT, since its got good storage.

The front mounting clips seem to close for comfort to the handlbars, i haven't ridden w/ it yet, but the clips seem like the will be impacted when handlebars are turned all the way to the locks on either side. I can't cinch is down an further to the back, because its already very close to the seat.

Anyone want to snap a pick of the front mounting setup on their bike?

<--tankbag noob.
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
Weird,
Mine tuck nice and tight right down past the front top of the faux tank and I mounted the strap to the frame support crossmembers, on the left side for example, just above the radiator cap. Slick. No bars anywhere near the straps.
If I remember, I'll snap a pic for ya' later.
So, here are some pics of my tankbag.

I rode with it last night for a bit, and, quite frankly, it wasn't as much in the way as it looked like it was going to be, but its still bigger than I was hoping it would be. I may buy the smaller one as well, for around down/shorter weekend rides - I think they use the same mounting straps.

here is my biggest concern - the left hand clip impacts the handlebars when they are 'locked'. Again, I'm very much far from a tankbag expert, so it may need some adjusting, but I wouldn't want it any further back towards the saddle....

bhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:17 AM   #2441
alprosound
HappyMan

Woflman

I have the same bag and it's a fabulous bag for trips or if you need to haul a butt load to the office. I also have the small enduro for normal use and the Hepco & Becker panniers. If it's hitting the bars too much for you you need to pull it closer to you and away from the bars. I don't mind if it hits a little bit.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 05-16-2013, 11:23 AM   #2442
alprosound
HappyMan

Seat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gundy View Post
If you are looking for a stock seat...let me know. I have a brand new one all boxed up and ready to go somewhere....
Sent you a PM Gundy. If your seat is available we should talk as soon as possible.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 05-16-2013, 11:26 AM   #2443
bhb
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 205
Quote:
I have the same bag and it's a fabulous bag for trips or if you need to haul a butt load to the office. I also have the small enduro for normal use and the Hepco & Becker panniers. If it's hitting the bars too much for you you need to pull it closer to you and away from the bars. I don't mind if it hits a little bit.
I should clarify ... the bag itself isn't hitting the bars, its just the clips. The bag itself stays out of the way perfectly. I think I'm just worrying about the clips a bit much.
bhb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 11:36 AM   #2444
alprosound
HappyMan

Are you referring to the D-Rings? If so, yes, you may be worrying too much...

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 05-16-2013, 11:38 AM   #2445
homme de fer
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 199
Quote:
Originally Posted by kdennan View Post
How bout those emulators? Pricey? Drop in mod?
I looked them up, they are all less than $200 for a set of emulators, progressive springs are less than $150. I don't run the bike hard enough at the moment to test the limits of the stock forks but the price makes it an affordable upgrade.

Rear Ohlins, I can see that coming at some point in the future but after other farkles are completed.

Someone asked earlier about an extension for the windscreen. The first thing I added to the bike within an hour of riding off the dealership lot was a Wunderlich adjustable extension. I like how I can fine tune the airflow in subtle ways you can't with the TT version. It also channels the air around my helmet nicely so the buffeting is all gone. Off road, I flip it all the way back because I don't need it.
homme de fer is offline   Reply With Quote