Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-16-2013, 11:39 AM   #2446
SwollenCranium
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 104
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskee750 View Post
Not sure if it's my work firewall, but the vid's are coming up as blocked because your using EMI music?
Yup, YouTube (google) has been doing the copy-write cock block for about 2 years now.
SwollenCranium is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 03:09 PM   #2447
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
Originally Posted by alskee750 View Post
Not sure if it's my work firewall, but the vid's are coming up as blocked because your using EMI music?
I could see the first one, but the second one is blocked: This video contains content from UMG, who has blocked it in your country on copyright grounds.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:36 PM   #2448
DomEOD
'murica

Oddometer: 2,255
Ok.. where the hell is the accessory socket?? My bike came with it, but i don't know what I'm looking for it. I'm sure the dealer pointed it out to me but I've just be so into riding it that I forgot about that little tidbit..

Thanks.
DomEOD is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 05:49 PM   #2449
alprosound
HappyMan

Oddometer: 498
The accessory socket is on the right side underneath the fake gas tank toward the seat. The opening is facing the front tire. It has a cap on it.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

http://ridedualsport.com
alprosound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:08 PM   #2450
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 623
Quote:
Originally Posted by alprosound View Post
The accessory socket is on the right side underneath the fake gas tank toward the seat. The opening is facing the front tire. It has a cap on it.
I think you meant the "left" side;).
windowto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:15 PM   #2451
alprosound
HappyMan

Yes, I meant the left side. Sorry, I have four children talking to me at one time right now, I'm trying to get some office work done and I'm answering this question. That and I'm a moron!!!

I plug in the charger every day on that bike....you'd think left wouldn't have come out of my fingers naturally...

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

“Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.” - Winston Churchill

Old 05-16-2013, 06:42 PM   #2452
DomEOD
'murica

Thanks, found it!

Now for the dumb question..

WTF fits in that port!? I expected a car charger like port but it's like half the diameter. Yup.. first motorcycle that has stuff
Old 05-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #2453
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Yes, I meant the left side. Sorry, I have four children talking to me at one time right now, I'm trying to get some office work done and I'm answering this question. That and I'm a moron!!!

I plug in the charger every day on that bike....you'd think left wouldn't have come out of my fingers naturally...
I think "Moron" is a bit harsh, but you look a little too young to have four children .
Old 05-16-2013, 06:43 PM   #2454
Trane Francks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 492
Quote:
It did; it was just the other left.
Trane Francks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2013, 06:46 PM   #2455
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by DomEOD View Post
Thanks, found it!

Now for the dumb question..

WTF fits in that port!? I expected a car charger like port but it's like half the diameter. Yup.. first motorcycle that has stuff
It's a BMW socket. You can plug BMW heated gear there. Or you can buy a $10 adapter that plugs in there and converts it to a regular car power adapter. One thing to keep in mind: I wouldn't leave the adapter plugged in, when not in use. This would deprive you of the closed cover and expose the electrical system to possible water spray and what not. I suggest plugging it in WITH the equipment that you are going to power.

windowto screwed with this post 05-16-2013 at 06:53 PM
Old 05-16-2013, 06:54 PM   #2456
DomEOD
'murica

Awesome, thanks!
Old 05-16-2013, 07:03 PM   #2457
alprosound
HappyMan

Quote:
Originally Posted by windowto View Post
I think "Moron" is a bit harsh, but you look a little too young to have four children .
That little guy is in high school now and has the same sense of humor that he had when that picture was taken.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 05-16-2013, 07:13 PM   #2458
windowto
Studly Adventurer

Quote:
That little guy is in high school now and has the same sense of humor that he had when that picture was taken.
Old 05-16-2013, 07:21 PM   #2459
alprosound
HappyMan

Pic of My New Sertao

Here's a pic of my Sertao. I should actually point out that it's truly my wife's bike. This is her bringing it home. She's the best accessory on the bike!
We share our bikes and this is the bike I use when some of my younger kids want to go for a ride. She needs the shorter seat. I'm picking one up from Gundy and having Sargent provide her wit a custom lowered seat. I've had Sargents on three or four of my bikes. They fit my ass well but this one is for her. I'll put up with the stock seat whenever I ride it. Since these photos she has added Altrider crash bars and master cylinder guard and Hepco & Becker panniers. The Sargent seat is next. To be followed by either the Leo Vince or the Remus and some TKCs.

06 Triumph Tiger
Suzuki DR650SE
Yamaha XT350
Suzuki DR 200
Yamaha TTR
Yamaha RT
Suzuki JR 80 and JR50

Old 05-16-2013, 07:44 PM   #2460
alskee750
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 502
Quote:
Originally Posted by nylon2000 View Post
Howdy all:

I made it to Phoenix, and am getting my (belated) 6,000 mile service done tomorrow. Long list of things they need to do to my bike, including the CPU reset thingy - can't wait for that.

Migo - you want to talk about heat? I woke up in Ouray yesterday and it was 30F, I rolled into Phoenix at 7pm tonight and it was still 100F, and i was wearing full offroad gear. I almost passed out.

But yes, its the fan that blows hot air over your right thigh. Try hoisting your right leg out - like a sail. That cools it down. Just try not to catch any branches with it ;)

And windscreens. I have the Touratech adjustable windscreen mount. It looks a lot better than that mickey mouse clip on that swamp posted, but its not as big as the barn door one by Cee Bailey.

The main problem with mine is the screws - meant to be adjustable - on occasion, adjust themselves off my bike and onto the trail somewhere. I've lost 3 of the 4 screws over time, and Tourtech, kindly, told me that "they always fall out", and sold me 4 more for only $16!

Alskee - some more TAT goodies for you. Colorado destroyed me, but it was because I kept going off route and exploring: lower engineer, black bear pass, etc. They are NOT part of the TAT. The TAT routes in CO are generally graded, and so fairly smooth. I did Ophir, and it was enjoyable - you could do it sitting down. Its got a lot of exposure though, so your heart will be beating!

Practice: hills, loose rocks and steep ravines - ie, the opposite of the pine barrens. Plus self rescue - i tipped a few times, the worst, my bike was almost upside down in snow, so i had to unpack it, and then drag it around to flatter ground, then walk it off the steep part. A crappy hour long job in all.

No idea what's in UT, I'm headed there next week.

Top Speed - dont forget i have giant Wolfman Rocky Mountain panniers bogging me down. Also, now, I have D606s, and the trends start to rip themselves apart over 65, so I'm riding like an old lady on the highway.

Rucksack - doesnt work for me, i need to be charging my stable of electronics. Temped by one of those panini makers as well :)

Sprocket teeth - I'll put new ones in in Canada, before Russia, and want to lower the ratio a bit. Not much land speed record setting in Siberia! the "offroad" recommendation is to drop one in the front, and keep the rear stock?

Checking my camera for a video of me falling over! Will try to post shortly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by homme de fer View Post
I looked them up, they are all less than $200 for a set of emulators, progressive springs are less than $150. I don't run the bike hard enough at the moment to test the limits of the stock forks but the price makes it an affordable upgrade.

Rear Ohlins, I can see that coming at some point in the future but after other farkles are completed.

Someone asked earlier about an extension for the windscreen. The first thing I added to the bike within an hour of riding off the dealership lot was a Wunderlich adjustable extension. I like how I can fine tune the airflow in subtle ways you can't with the TT version. It also channels the air around my helmet nicely so the buffeting is all gone. Off road, I flip it all the way back because I don't need it.
Throwing it out there but take a look at ricor intimidators. I have a set, not yet installed but it sounds very promising besides the whole fork conversion. Just a thought.
74' Kawasaki G3SS possible vintage race bike.
Soto Moto Adventures
alskee750 is offline   Reply With Quote