Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Thread Tools Rating: Thread Rating: 27 votes, 5.00 average. Display Modes
Old 10-25-2012, 01:00 PM   #1156
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Oddometer: 4,248
Quote:
Originally Posted by liquidsmile View Post
UGA definitely has the talent to win this weekend. The real question is, do they have the heart to go into a big game and grind it out and win.

I think the difference in this game, beyond the obvious of winning in the trenches, is going to be UF's punter. That guy can kick the ball a mile. The edge on special teams definitely goes to UF on this one.

How UGA still does not have a special teams coach is beyond me.

UGA is do for a good game, hopefully they show up for this one ready and actually play the way they are capable of playing.

Defensively I hope we put 8 in the box all day and make Driskel try to beat us with his arm. He is good at protecting the ball though, he has not thrown an interception since the Kentucky game, and that is the only one he has thrown all year.

Going for the homer pick. I think we kick UF in the teeth this weekend and win 31-10.
I agree that UGA is theoretically capable of winning the game...and they may.....I hope not, I but wouldn't be shocked. UF was never expected to go 4-0 this October - LSU, @Vandy, USEe, UGA - it's been a tough month.

Based on what I've seen on the field this year though, the more likely scenario is a solid UF win. UGA didn't play well against the one good defense they've seen, while UF has been able to shut everyone down fairly well....esp. in the second half. USCe is very similar to UF and they manhandled UGA. Defense and special teams should give UF favorable field position and the offense should be able to take advantage...once again.

The weather is calling for high winds and maybe rain...that will affect passing and kicking....so a wildcard is played.

As always go Gators

And to be bi-partisan in this election month (notice that the Republican does it RIGHT handed and Democrat LEFT handed)

ScottDill screwed with this post 10-25-2012 at 01:08 PM
ScottDill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 07:54 PM   #1157
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,540
Honey Badger still don't give a shit.

wiseanhyzer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2012, 08:08 PM   #1158
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScottDill View Post
I agree that UGA is theoretically capable of winning the game...and they may.....I hope not, I but wouldn't be shocked. UF was never expected to go 4-0 this October - LSU, @Vandy, USEe, UGA - it's been a tough month.

Based on what I've seen on the field this year though, the more likely scenario is a solid UF win. UGA didn't play well against the one good defense they've seen, while UF has been able to shut everyone down fairly well....esp. in the second half. USCe is very similar to UF and they manhandled UGA. Defense and special teams should give UF favorable field position and the offense should be able to take advantage...once again.

The weather is calling for high winds and maybe rain...that will affect passing and kicking....so a wildcard is played.

As always go Gators
Yada, yada, yada. The Gators are overrated as hell.

If Georgia would ever, finally, for the love of God get their shit together we'd make this a rivalry again. Maybe we can sacrifice a coupe 15yd penalties to get the team and crowd into the game. Maybe Georgia can score a little on Florida early and make the Gators sterile offense work from behind. If Georgia's defense finally decides to play up to their billing we'll see another unbeaten team go down.

But I'm not counting on that. I've got UF 34 - UGA 17.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #1159
shrineclown
(AFKA Prince)

Oddometer: 10,000
Quote:
Originally Posted by wiseanhyzer View Post

If Georgia would ever, finally, for the love of God get their shit together we'd make this a rivalry again. Maybe we can sacrifice a coupe 15yd penalties to get the team and crowd into the game. Maybe Georgia can score a little on Florida early and make the Gators sterile offense work from behind. If Georgia's defense finally decides to play up to their billing we'll see another unbeaten team go down.

Herschel Walker got a kid?
Old 10-25-2012, 09:04 PM   #1160
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:

Since Florida is ranked #2....I can agree with this statement. It's just funny to hear a Georgia fan refer to another team as being overrated
Old 10-26-2012, 04:31 AM   #1161
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 6,312
Quote:

I'd argue that Georgia is more overrated than Florida...which one really deserves to be in the top 10?

I'm not as confident in UF as you are, but the Dawgs haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet...just sayin'...
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
docwells7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 05:53 AM   #1162
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Originally Posted by docwells7 View Post
I'd argue that Georgia is more overrated than Florida...which one really deserves to be in the top 10?

I'm not as confident in UF as you are, but the Dawgs haven't beaten a team with a winning record yet...just sayin'...
USC , aTm and LSU would all be undefeated if they didn't play UF or each other.

Old 10-26-2012, 06:01 AM   #1163
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Honey Badger still don't give a shit.
Too bad, I thought that he was getting is act together. I guess its over now. .
Old 10-26-2012, 06:39 AM   #1164
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Since Florida is ranked #2....I can agree with this statement. It's just funny to hear a Georgia fan refer to another team as being overrated
Quote:

Oh Georgia is overrated! Seriously. I just don't think UF is the #2 team in the country. They're probably top ten but not #2. IF Georgia upsets the Gators on Saturday then maybe they'd deserve the #10 spot they currently enjoy. We'll know who's more overrated by Saturday evening. I'm not counting on my Dawgs to impress anyone but I'd take it if that's what happens.

Old 10-26-2012, 07:38 AM   #1165
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Oh Georgia is overrated! Seriously. I just don't think UF is the #2 team in the country. They're probably top ten but not #2. IF Georgia upsets the Gators on Saturday then maybe they'd deserve the #10 spot they currently enjoy. We'll know who's more overrated by Saturday evening. I'm not counting on my Dawgs to impress anyone but I'd take it if that's what happens.
I'm never surprised by what happens in this game. The only confidence I have comes from the head to head with USCe. I think we get the edge if the rumors about wind conditions are true.
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
Old 10-26-2012, 07:55 AM   #1166
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
I'm never surprised by what happens in this game. The only confidence I have comes from the head to head with USCe. I think we get the edge if the rumors about wind conditions are true.
Both home teams experienced a solid home field advantage with USCe. Georgia isn't as bad as they looked in Columbia and USCe isn't as bad as they looked in Gainesville. Plus, how many plays did Lattimore run against UF? How about UGA? He's their best weapon and he didn't play (basically) against Florida. IMO, the head to head with USCe doesn't mean much.

Old 10-26-2012, 11:02 AM   #1167
docwells7
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Both home teams experienced a solid home field advantage with USCe. Georgia isn't as bad as they looked in Columbia and USCe isn't as bad as they looked in Gainesville. Plus, how many plays did Lattimore run against UF? How about UGA? He's their best weapon and he didn't play (basically) against Florida. IMO, the head to head with USCe doesn't mean much.
Then how about Kentucky?
IBA#25276
Airhead#9654
Old 10-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #1168
k7
Ancien cyclist

Oddometer: 18,988
Quote:
Too bad, I thought that he was getting is act together. I guess its over now. .
Yep - too bad.

Link
BATON ROUGE, La. -- Tyrann Mathieu's chances of returning to LSU's football team took a serious hit Thursday when the 2011 Heisman Trophy finalist and three other former Tigers players were arrested on drug-related charges.

Mathieu and former LSU quarterback Jordan Jefferson were charged with simple possession of marijuana, the Baton Rouge police department said in a release.

Former Tigers linebacker Karnell Hatcher also was charged with simple possession while former defensive back Derrick Bryant faces the most serious charge of possession with intent to distribute and possession of drug paraphernalia, according to police spokesman Don Kelly.

Known as the "Honey Badger," Mathieu was kicked off the team in August for failing multiple drug tests. He returned to the school as a regular student, hoping to earn a second chance at returning to the team.

But Thursday's arrest greatly narrows the chances of such a return for Mathieu, who would have been a junior this year and was suspended last season for failing a drug test for synthetic marijuana.

According to the police report, officers found the marijuana in Mathieu's apartment Thursday afternoon. Mathieu answered the door, and officers "immediately smelled a strong odor of marijuana," the police report stated.

After Mathieu, 20, gave the police his consent to search the apartment, officers discovered a marijuana grinder, a digital scale and 10 bags of high-grade marijuana, including seven in Bryant's backpack, according to the report.

Police say they were called to the apartment complex after receiving a complaint about a man, who later was identified as the 22-year-old Jefferson, forcing his way through the security gate before going to Mathieu's apartment.
k7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2012, 12:30 PM   #1169
wiseanhyzer
Beastly Adventurer

Quote:
Then how about Kentucky?
Then how about Vanderbilt?

Florida has played well at home this year. I think home field advantage can be very big in the SEC. We played at USCe & at Kentucky. You had both teams in the swamp. That's no excuse for Georgia looking terrible against both teams and that's not what I'm here doing. Remember, I think UF is going to eat our lunch. ???? But that's not because I think the Gators are super impressive. It has tons more to do with my passive outlook on my own team.

Old 10-26-2012, 01:02 PM   #1170
ScottDill
TANSTAAFL

Quote:
Then how about Vanderbilt?

Florida has played well at home this year. I think home field advantage can be very big in the SEC. We played at USCe & at Kentucky. You had both teams in the swamp. That's no excuse for Georgia looking terrible against both teams and that's not what I'm here doing. Remember, I think UF is going to eat our lunch. ???? But that's not because I think the Gators are super impressive. It has tons more to do with my passive outlook on my own team.

That's an interesting perspective considering that Florida has already beaten 3 teams that are superior to Georgia (LSU, USCe and @aTm).

What about UTe? Florida played @Knoxville and still had a more dominating win than Georgia did against them in Athens. If Vandy was the only common opponent, I could see your point, but USCe, Kentucky and UTe say otherwise.

Georgia is capable of winning tomorrow, but make no mistake, it would be a significant upset.

Here's to a good game

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: