Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 07-15-2012, 02:41 PM   #91
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,623
Quote:
Originally Posted by JerryH View Post
"If the price is too high and the product is not selling, the seller isn't making a killing. He just doesn't want to lose the investment, which includes overhead! Labor and exchange rates also dictate price"

Both Honda Corporate and Honda dealers do their best to rip off everybody they can. Honda puts their MSRP way too high to compete with comparable products. Then when you get to the dealer, you find the high MSRP is only the beginning. .
somebody need it to get something of there head! ok amigo I heard you, HOnda is not that smart south of the border either... sometimes they gives us the little bikes (my Beat) and then the upscale 1800 cc bikes.... and nothing in the middle. I do not know why, maybe they think we Mexicans are very poor or very rich and nothing in the middle.

Damasovi
Old 07-18-2012, 11:55 PM   #92
rajavw
Adventurer

Oddometer: 41
La Stella

Did you "test ride" your friend's blue Vespa Granturismo 200L se llama, "La Stella"?

If so, would you consider getting one?
rajavw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 12:53 PM   #93
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

No i Did not ride the vespa, and yes I would like to have one just by the looks of it. Maybe next time

Damasovi
Old 12-14-2012, 11:29 PM   #94
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

ending 2012...1st year of the Beat!

Hi well it has been over 5 months since I posted something here, so I will put some pics from the rally that was hell back in July with people coming from the USA for an event call (maybe) run south of the border...well the people gader in san Diego CA and then come to km 74? of the hwy Tijuana-Ensenada for 3 days of Baja, our land, tacos, beer and a lot friends!

well my friend Rajawn whom I had met from here ADV or the other site KLRWORLD since he had a KLR several years ago, and we had never met, so he calls me saying he is coming and that we should met... all cool right? I say "yes why not" but thinking it would be impossible due to family obligations, but then everything came together, and I get up to LA CETTO winery where he and many other... so my beat and me take off! and when I get there this is what I saw!

and despite all the glory that vespas and lambretas bring... well this is what I saw:

no contest, IT WAS THE SCOOTER!

ok some other scooters

the last one from the winery

since the HOnda Beat is not sold in the USA I was ask about it "so what kind of Chinese scooter is this?" NOT A CHINESE I REPLY! "yes it is" NO "YES" NO "YES" and then my friend David said, "i need to see the VIN" wtf? should I even bother with this wine drunken dude? So I said, the VIN is under the frame, so I move the scooter over and too much dirt to see it, more demands!!! WELL DO YOU HAVE A TITTLE? wtf? really? who carries a tittle unless you are selling the bike? well I gave it a long tough and YES I DO HAVE THE VIN WRITTEN ON A PIECE OF PAPER... so in the State of Baja the ID card for a vehicle includes the VIN number... so it starts with a number 3 so everything settle, IT IS MADE IN MEXICO, now WE RIDE!! some 30-40 scooters take on Federal hwy 3 Tecate-Ensenada but before 2 km of dirt and a little sand!!!

my favorite pic of the day, and some 40-50 people LIKE it on the event facebook!

small frame turns out to be the size of that vespa's frame, where now has more cc than when original.

My friend on his vespa

over the bridge on Guadalupe

over my should look

who says my 100 cc scooter can't go fast?

ok it is just on km/hr so it is like 80=50 mph so a little less
Old 12-14-2012, 11:42 PM   #95
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

scootering can be dangerous, and today we got remind it! a guy (sorry about that I did not know the people) had an accident and I only took the pics because HE was at the end saying "now I will have big memory of Baja" so I think he was ok, I think he had a broken ankle after loosing control of his scoot.

after the accident we ALL slow down a bit, nobody wanted to go down, and we were remind it YES YOU CAN GO DOWN AND HURT YOUR SELF!!!

the rally has people from all over the sprectrum, 2 and 4 T scooters, some new, some old, some cool and some soo cool! well on the way back Miss little frame run out of gas on her little vespa, so you have 3 options to fix it, a) walk the next 3 miles to the nearest gas stations, b) wait for somebody to bring you the gas, or c) have David with his leg push you all the way there... so it is option C!!! David, the dude that had to see you VIN # this time used his 6'4"? height to push her to the next gas station (I do not have a pic since I run out of battery) but I tell you it was fu**ing funny!

here is David and little frame, and she is saying "and he push me all the way here with his leg!!"

cool scooters

aa a self portrait in the making

then we went for fish tacos... no pictures since we were so busy eating!!
any way at the end we went to see prices for a Cuban trip for my friend Rajwn. It is a shame that americans can't go to Cuba directly so he was cheking pricess from Tijuana for him and his father... I think they need a translator and I just happend to speak spanish very well!!!

so the last 4 friends before they go north to there camping place and I go home!

what a great day we had!!!

Damasovi
Old 12-15-2012, 02:39 AM   #96
V Saarela
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 354
Old 12-17-2012, 10:41 AM   #97
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

1 year OLD!!!

so yesterday my Beat turn 1 year old!!!!!! so I gave her her service on Saturday and Sunday was time to ride somewhere!!

So with no plan I just got up and went for gas, money and before I knew it I was having some kick ass omelet at my favorite place some 50 km away from the city..

By the time I took this picture I had already gas up and done some 5 km or so,

So when I got to the restaurant I was not the only motorcyclist there, it is commune to find more motorcyclist there on the weekend so by now we all have seen each other at least, and some are even friends.

i don't take pics of food so I have non to show you, so instead I took some pics of the other parts of the road. THe day started sunny and fresh and as time went on, it got cloudy and fresher not warmer as I tough.

On Saturday my Beat became a Decepticon:

nice rural road

OK let's go guys!!

damasovi screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 10:28 AM
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 11:50 AM   #98
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,902
Congrats!

That was my average yearly mileage too.
On this:

I'd love to try a Lead with snow tires today!

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-17-2012, 05:00 PM   #99
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

wow!!! 4600+ km in a year on a bicycle!! I guess it is very possible for me too, since I do it mostly for going to work.

well after finishing the meal I was going home BUT it was only like 10:30 and I did not wanted to go home. So when I got to the split on the hwy, on the left it read ENSENADA and on the right is said TIJUANA... well I will not go to Tijuana for sure, but how about the half way point? next to the beach.. (the sun was still out) so headed that way.

I was a little worry since that was going to be a BIG hwy, with maybe more trafic than what I would like and my cruising speed of 65-70 km/hr (40-43 miles) well ... why not? SO I WENT!

2 cars in total pass me on the way north, here was my first pass.. Just before getting to La Misión where the County of Ensenada ends on the northern end.

I wanted to go up to the top of the hill the one in the background, how ever to get there you have to go true a lock gate community and this time the guard was a total NO, since it had gotten colder and the sun was all cover with clouds I figure it was best to return another day. I had been up there once in 2007 but it was another guard.

So I continue and by now I need it gas for the return trip. The Beat can go 160 km (100 miles) whit no problem, and my math said I was going to be around the 160-170 km mark, so I wanted to fill up to be 100% sure I had enough gas, no I continue north. THe next gas station was in Cantamar (or Primo Tapia) next to the Dunes... but OMG! it is close! even the mimimarket, so next stop was 15 km away in Rosarito.

Now it was thinking about all the crap i had to do when I return so I just gas up and return, I did take 1 more picture.

Next to the Dunes by Cantamar.

All in all 200 km round trip!! this has been the longest ride I have ever done on the scooter and I think I want to do some other ones maybe in summer do a 350 km ride up to San Diego for one of them rallies!

Damasovi

damasovi screwed with this post 01-14-2013 at 10:35 AM Reason: adding pics
damasovi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2012, 05:36 AM   #100
Cortez
BAZINGA!

Oddometer: 6,902
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
wow!!! 4600+ km in a year on a bicycle!! I guess it is very possible for me too, since I do it mostly for going to work.
40.000km (25k miles) in just under 8 years on 3 different bicycles.

SOLD: '03 Peugeot Speedfight2, '07 Kawasaki ER6F ABS, '06 Kymco Agility 125, '12 Kymco Downtown 300i ABS
My Flickr gallery --- My 500px gallery
Cortez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 08:14 PM   #101
bykpimp
Live and let ride

Oddometer: 1,408
Quote:
Originally Posted by btcn View Post
Sounds good man! Maybe this summer I'll come down on the Elite! Only problem is, its 8 hours of freeway. Don't know how the 150 would do for that. Or maybe 1 most of the way would be better. A 250 would be much more ideal for this kind of ride, hopefully by then I'll have a 250! Or, maybe make it an adventure on the 150, a multi days just avoid fast freeways!

But it looks like a beutiful ride all the way down! I'll also have to definitly do it on the Shadow this summer on the Freeway!
BTW!!! Baja on my 85 (or 86) 150 Elite???? I'm in!!!!
Old 12-24-2012, 12:47 PM   #102
2WheelDuende
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by damasovi View Post
All in all 200 km round trip!! this has been the longest ride I have ever done on the scooter and I think I want to do some other ones maybe in summer do a 350 km ride up to San Diego for one of them rallies!
Wow! What a great ride thread. I wish I were on the west coast; we have winter starting up here. I haven't ridden since Wednesday last week, and we got some snow on Thursday.

Amerivespa will be in San Diego next summer. I went this past summer in Lake Geneva, WI, and had a great time. I ride with the LG scooter club.
2WheelDuende is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2013, 05:36 PM   #103
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

5,000 km!

Well today I did it! I hit 5000 kms! it took me just over a year!!1 I know it isn't much but I have enjoy every single one!!!

The were was I pic

The proof:

Damasovi
Old 01-30-2013, 04:02 PM   #104
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

2013 let it begin!!

Well since it is a new year = new accessories!!! here is the "winter edition" of the Beat, I still have to see about them mirrors so i will be adjusting the windshield, but I like it as it is, and it even looks as an accesory instead of a universal windshield
Old 01-30-2013, 04:08 PM   #105
damasovi OP
Beastly Adventurer

here it is