Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-11-2012, 09:07 PM   #241
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Oddometer: 4,236
I can't get any decent tequila here, so I'm stuck with beer. But it's damn good beer.
Old 01-11-2012, 09:24 PM   #242
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by longtallsally View Post
I can't get any decent tequila here, so I'm stuck with beer. But it's damn good beer.
you have schnapps. and dopplekorn. thats as good as tequila, especially after a few beers...
Old 01-12-2012, 05:47 AM   #243
MsBianca
What he said...

Oddometer: 84
[QUOTE=YetiGS;17723901]He's broken right now. Skiing accident. He's been typing the same reply (one-handed) for a week now.
QUOTE]

Uh, I thought he said sledding accident...or is that Canadian for skiing?

Yup, sorry guys, LTS, me and Ethan will be there in spirit. We were hoping to be leaving here around that time but it looks like it'll be a little longer.

I'll get our order in for shirts and stickers soon. I need to farkle the stroller/car seat/crib with stickers ya know. :)
MsBianca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 06:17 AM   #244
DaFoole
Lewddite at large...

Oddometer: 4,015
[QUOTE=MsBianca;17730801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
He's broken right now. Skiing accident. He's been typing the same reply (one-handed) for a week now.
QUOTE]

Yup, sorry guys, LTS, me and Ethan will be there in spirit. We were hoping to be leaving here around that time but it looks like it'll be a little longer.

I'll get our order in for shirts and stickers soon. I need to farkle the stroller/car seat/crib with stickers ya know. :)
You will be missed.

Brice.....well, sure......

Congrats!!!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:29 AM   #245
YetiGS
No Talent Ass Clown

Oddometer: 7,322
[QUOTE=MsBianca;17730801]
Quote:
Originally Posted by YetiGS View Post
He's broken right now. Skiing accident. He's been typing the same reply (one-handed) for a week now.
QUOTE]

Sledding, skiing, whatever. I knew it involved white shit and a broken bone. Don't I get credit for that at least??
"You had better bring an extra magazine. Yeti's amped up on weird shit are hard to bring down." Lonestar2112
YetiGS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #246
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by pierce View Post
you have schnapps. and dopplekorn. thats as good as tequila, especially after a few beers...
I'm going to quote your sig line. Yes I am getting experience, but no, it is not the experience i want. Visiting Germany might be nice, but living here is not. Make no bones about it, this is not a free nation. I mean, how could it be free when the only tequila I can get is the sad kind with a sombrero on top?
Old 01-12-2012, 04:17 PM   #247
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Oddometer: 14,160
Quote:
I'm going to quote your sig line. Yes I am getting experience, but no, it is not the experience i want. Visiting Germany might be nice, but living here is not. Make no bones about it, this is not a free nation. I mean, how could it be free when the only tequila I can get is the sad kind with a sombrero on top?
If Germans wanted Tequila then there would probably be some good stuff available. Supply and demand would be my guess. But lets not forget there are plenty of places in the US where they don't have good booze of any kind, so maybe you are just living in the equivalent of Salt Lake City.

Of course it could also be unfair market competition; in the US Mezcal was kept out by Tequila importers for a long time, because the high-quality and artisanal stuff competes very well with Tequila (IMO). But that is finally changing! If you really look around the US you'll find we are only free if the corporations give us enough shit to make us think we're free... anyways, sorry you're not going to make it Bryce - I'm sure we could find another back way into a State Park for ya.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.
meat popsicle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 04:43 PM   #248
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,630
Quote:

I'm sure you could find a few locals and talk them into invading Mexico....
Old 01-12-2012, 04:44 PM   #249
CA Stu
Thanks

Oddometer: 46,630
Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle View Post
anyways, sorry you're not going to make it Bryce - I'm sure we could find another back way into a State Park for ya.
I don't even want to know what this is code for.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:19 PM   #250
pierce
Aven'Tourer

Oddometer: 10,022
Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
I don't even want to know what this is code for.
I quit at the word 'back', was getting too kinky for me.
Old 01-13-2012, 05:58 AM   #251
meat popsicle
Ignostic

get's cold at night in the high desert... and Ms.Bianca/Mrs.Popsicle were not along for the ride.
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #252
Agnostic and Orange

Oddometer: 1,317
Just paypaled.
On 950. Anybody wants to try going Cane creek (chimney peak)in the direction "road closed"? I think it's called Chimney Basin Road.
There is an intersection with sign which says that road is close xx miles from here. We didn't believe it and went there anyway.
I went that way in 2006 and except for last 1/2 mile it was easy. We had to push big bikes through.

and this is where we came out.

Great area for riding and also camping/drinking.

666 screwed with this post 01-14-2012 at 10:51 PM
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2012, 12:59 PM   #253
longtallsally
Yeah I'm a chick

Quote:
Originally Posted by CA Stu View Post
I'm sure you could find a few locals and talk them into invading Mexico....
Yeah I'll ask the guys that were running around our neighborhood during the last elections painting swastikas on houses and cars.

Quote:
Originally Posted by meat popsicle
If you really look around the US you'll find we are only free if the corporations give us enough shit to make us think we're free...
I won't dive into this debate, but come and live over here in the midst of the oppressive culture and government, and it has NOTHING to do with corporate America. The GOVERNMENT controls EVERYTHING here. A couple quick examples: I'm not aloud to wash my car in the driveway. If you do not walk your dog every 3 hours, you will be fined. You must turn your car off at intersections. The list of "laws" they have here is truly staggering, and there is German logic to every single one. And the vast majority of them are completely devoid of common sense. Thus, why I hate being here as an American, working as an American, and then expected to assimilate into the Borg that exist here.

I'll take the Anti Christs (Nancy Pelosi and Jerry Brown for example) in CA and still be able to go ride off road and be merry in the vast state of Kalifornia than being trapped in this overpopulated hamster cage.
Old 01-13-2012, 01:39 PM   #254
Conestogaman
Mr. Excessive

Oddometer: 341
Quote:
I won't dive into this debate, but come and live over here in the midst of the oppressive culture and government, and it has NOTHING to do with corporate America. The GOVERNMENT controls EVERYTHING here. A couple quick examples: I'm not aloud to wash my car in the driveway. If you do not walk your dog every 3 hours, you will be fined. You must turn your car off at intersections. The list of "laws" they have here is truly staggering, and there is German logic to every single one. And the vast majority of them are completely devoid of common sense. Thus, why I hate being here as an American, working as an American, and then expected to assimilate into the Borg that exist here.

I'll take the Anti Christs (Nancy Pelosi and Jerry Brown for example) in CA and still be able to go ride off road and be merry in the vast state of Kalifornia than being trapped in this overpopulated hamster cage.

2001 R1150GSA (Cow Killa) now with Xenon HID
1948 2R pickup
1954 Conestoga wagon
Conestogaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2012, 06:44 AM   #255
meat popsicle
Ignostic

Quote:
... I won't dive into this debate, but come and live over here in the midst of the oppressive culture and government, and it has NOTHING to do with corporate America. The GOVERNMENT controls EVERYTHING here. A couple quick examples: I'm not aloud to wash my car in the driveway. If you do not walk your dog every 3 hours, you will be fined. You must turn your car off at intersections. The list of "laws" they have here is truly staggering, and there is German logic to every single one. And the vast majority of them are completely devoid of common sense. Thus, why I hate being here as an American, working as an American, and then expected to assimilate into the Borg that exist here.

Yer always good for a debate Sal, which puts you one up one most of the Anarchists with a similar perspective in my book. Problem with anarchy (and by anarchy I mean personal responsibility) is it does not seem to be as successful as highly structured societies. When sociologists look back they see the ascent of heavily burdensome religious societies (like the Puritans or the Taliban). What I've never seen is proof that it was the restraint of religious/legal regulations that helped such societies be more successful or just the stubborn anarchists succeeding in spite of them.

Anyways it looks like to me like Germans have just accepted humanity's flaws and regulated against them, although it appears the regulators are human too so their regulations are necessarily flawed - my coon hound would balk at a walk every 3hrs (unless its one of our backpacking trips, which she loves) but there are plenty who never walk their dog and need a good kick in the pants.

Now I'm bored; its just not the same without a campfire, trying to force beer into a full stomach, and YFF's eyes rolling.

Its not so much staying alive; its staying human that counts.