Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Trip Planning > Asia Pacific
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 01-09-2012, 09:53 PM   #31
speedracertdi
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 985
In Delhi, Lalli Singh (google him) is the man for Enfield rentals. He's a little more expensive but gives you spare parts for your trip and will even give you names of trusted mechanics along your intended route. He'll even coach you about Indian roads and bless the bike. I had one of his bikes for 12 days with no problems. You can haggle with him on the security deposit amount. I find him to be a fairly honorable businessman. Bring a can of spray chain lube with you. None can be found anywhere I looked, you end up dipping a straw in a quart of motor oil and running it along the chain. It's gets messy. Check the air pressure in your tires to prevent punctures. I didn't get a flat or any breakdowns for the entire trip.

An international DL is absolutely necessary. Any rental shop will ask for it.
Old 01-10-2012, 02:51 AM   #32
Yamahuh OP
Adventurer

Oddometer: 64
No worries on the Int Driv License - just sent off my application yesterday actually.

When you say Lalli is a bit more expensive - how much are we talking? Most of the places so far seem fairly comparable at around 600 - 700 INR / day, unlimited mileage and insurance. Most seem to also provide luggage racks and spare parts as well...

Where did your trip take you exactly? It's hard to know who to go with for rentals as most places have had good and bad said about them - including Lalli Singh.
Yamahuh is offline   Reply With Quote