User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-10-2012, 06:26 AM   #61
Douggie
n00b

Oddometer: 4
Great to hear and see more

I've missed seeing your photos and reading your descriptions of the cities and countryside you're going through. Please don't leave such a long gap before the next post.
Douggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-10-2012, 06:57 AM   #62
ttr
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 141
Great!! Go on...
Old 04-15-2012, 04:56 PM   #63
AtomicXRer
Chile Eater

Oddometer: 3,888
Nope nothing like Nevada.

But you have an awesome story and report.
Old 04-15-2012, 05:16 PM   #64
luckychucky
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 892
Nice Pics

Looks like a good adventure. Sure is flat so far.
luckychucky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2012, 07:46 PM   #65
DocAxeYarYar
RideDualSport.com

Oddometer: 747
Moscow trip

Really great report thanks for sharing it! My family Ninaud is from Khabarovsk, originally from France and settled in Khabarovsk for fur trading, and also became local photographer with photos now in museum. I hope some day to motorcycle in Khabarovsk, and see our old family homes.

I am looking forward to seeing your report from Khabarovsk! Thank you!
Old 04-16-2012, 04:32 PM   #66
mrphotoman
Banned

Oddometer: 1,030
I would love to visit Russia, it is so pretty there.
mrphotoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:43 PM   #67
Kostopraff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 110
25-th of July
25 июля
Blue gulf – Ziryanovsk – Katon-Karagai
Голубой залив – Зыряновск – Катон-Карагай

Today we were riding on a sailing yacht on Bukhtarma reservoir. Alexander yoga guru has promised us a ride on a yacht, and kept his promise. I got great pleasure of peace and quiet when driving on a yacht, so you can easily talk to each other. Alexander appeared to be very interesting companion and told us how to use mantra to avoid back ached, and the mantra, relieving tiredness. Also he told a lot about yachts and yachting. I swam. It was really great to glide through the water holding on the rope weigh from the yacht.
Сегодняшний день ознаменовался тем, что мы катались по Бухтарминскому водохранилищу на парусной яхте. Александр – гуру йоги пообещал покатать нас на яхте и исполнил свое обещание. Я получил огромное удовольствия от тишины и покоя при движении на яхте, так, что можно спокойно разговаривать друг с другом. Александр оказался очень интересным собеседником и рассказал о том, как нужно использовать мантры, чтобы не болела спина, и мантры, снимающие усталость. Кроме этого он много рассказал о яхтах и яхтинге. Я искупался, было здорово скользить по воде держась за выброшенную с борта яхты веревку.

I noticed broken wall of the coffer. Andrey manager my countryman cut a patch of titanium shovel!!! The core that I took from the house was useful, as without it a drill slipped from a titanium plate. We drink coffee and fed a lot, and we finally decided to leave. Thanks to Alexander and Andrey for the help once again! Taking off the bike from the central steps, I dropped it and broke a mirror. I sealed it by paksipol and rolled it up by reinforced tape.
Обнаружил сломанную стенку кофра. Андрей управляющий, мой земляк, вырезал заплатку из титановой лопаты!!! Пригодился взятый мной из дома керн, без которого с титановой пластинки соскальзывало сверло. Нас накормили до отвала и напоили кофе и мы, наконец, решили выезжать. Cаше и Андрею еще раз спасибо за помощь! Снимая с центральной подножки, я уронил мотоцикл и повредил зеркало. Тут же заклеил его взятым с собой паксиполом и замотал армированным скотчем.

We went to the Buhtarma road. It is known by its serpentines. After Ziryanovsk the height of the pass was about 1000 meters. Broun mountains with stony peaks. After 2 passes we went on mountain plate that gradually went up. And then from the right there were the mountains with snow peaks. In Ziryanovsk we refueled with 80 gasoline. There were no another one. We went up to the mountains on the road to Katon- Karagai town. We stayed in sanatorium there, where people are treated with an extract from the horns of red deer (fawns) - antlers. Patients taking pantokrin baths and drink the blood of the horns. We met Kazakhs which have a rest there. One of them Nurlan – a businessman from Pavlodar – was an ardent hunter of wolves. He tald us a lot of stories about steppe hunter of wolves. He promised to send photos of an old BMW motorcycle that stays at his granny’s place. By the way pantokrin baths help of many diseases. A lot of men come to the treatment of impotence. They say that is very helpful.
Выехали на Бухтарминскую трассу. Кстати она очень известна благодаря сложному серпантину. После Зыряновска высота перевала была около 1000 метров. Горы бурого цвета с каменистыми вершинами. Миновав 2 перевала, мы поехали по горному плато, которое постепенно уходило вверх. И вот уже справа потянулись горы со снежным покровом на вершинах. В Зыряновске заправились 80-м бензином. Другого не было. Мы поехали дальше вверх в горы по дороге до поселка Катон-Карагай. Там мы остановились в санатории, в котором лечатся вытяжкой из рогов маралов (молодых оленей) – пантами. Пациенты принимают пантокриновые ванны, а также пьют кровь из рогов. Познакомились с отдыхающими здесь казахами. Один из них Нурлан, бизнесмен из Павлодара, оказался страстным охотником на волков. Он интересно рассказал о степной охоте на волка. Обещал прислать фотки старого мотоцикла БМВ, который стоит у его деда. Кстати, пантокриновые ванны помогают от многих болезней. Много мужчин приезжают на лечение от полового бессилия. Говорят, что очень помогает.
Buhtarma road
Бухтарминская дорога.

Kostopraff screwed with this post 11-16-2012 at 12:49 PM
Kostopraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2012, 03:57 PM   #68
Kostopraff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AtomicXRer View Post
Nope nothing like Nevada.

But you have an awesome story and report.
I will visit and check!
Old 04-19-2012, 09:12 AM   #69
blackcaps
Do it alone

Oddometer: 98
Very interesting trip. Did you really reach Vladivostok?

"Call me, if you will come in Moscow, Russia. +79269061160"

I will do end of first week of june as by that time your story will still not be told here and I like to hear the -happy- end then personally.

My Russian is so so..
Travelled to Ural mountains in 2007. Travelled to Siberia in 2008. Travelled to Baikal and Mongolia in 2009. Travelled to Altai and Mongolia in 2010. Travelled to Russia and Mongolia in 2011. Travelled to Russia and Siberia in 2012. Travelled to Siberia, 'Dalnie Vostok' and Sachalin in 2013.
blackcaps is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2012, 01:22 PM   #70
Kostopraff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by blackcaps View Post
Very interesting trip. Did you really reach Vladivostok?

"Call me, if you will come in Moscow, Russia. +79269061160"

I will do end of first week of june as by that time your story will still not be told here and I like to hear the -happy- end then personally.

My Russian is so so..
Yea, i did, ok keep me informed
Old 04-22-2012, 12:25 PM   #71
Boarder06
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 238
Thanks for the great report. Any chance you could give the GPS coordinates of the section in the picture below? I looked on Google Earth and couldn't find it.

Cheers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kostopraff View Post
25-th of July
25 июля
Blue gulf Ziryanovsk Katon-Karagai
Голубой залив Зыряновск Катон-Карагай

Old 07-24-2012, 05:43 AM   #72
Kostopraff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boarder06 View Post
Thanks for the great report. Any chance you could give the GPS coordinates of the section in the picture below? I looked on Google Earth and couldn't find it.

Cheers
it's on the way from Oskemen to Zyranovsk 4952'43.72"N 8258'40.95"E
Old 11-16-2012, 12:44 PM   #73
Kostopraff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Ladies and Gentlemen, i have not been here for a long time. I decided to continue my travel note from that travel.Thanks for your attention!

July 26
Caton Karagai - Rakhmanov keys

26 июля
Катон-карагай - Рахмановские ключи.

Today we decided to reach Rakhmanov keys and swim in the radon sources. We had to go 122 km up to the mountains. We left our luggage in pant sanatorium and early in the morning we hit the road. As the road is on the border with China we were inspected at the border checkpoint. However, the guards were nice guys and quickly opened the door in the mountains.
Сегодня мы решили доехать до Рахмановских ключей и искупаться в радоновых источниках. До этого места ехать 122 километра в горы. Оставив поклажу и кофры в пантовой лечебнице, рано утром мы двинулись в путь. Так как дорога проходит в погранзоне на Китайской границе, нас досмотрели на погранпосту по дороге. Впрочем, пограничники оказались радушными ребятами, и быстро открыли нам ворота в горы.

When we asked the natives weather we’ll be able to reach that place – some told yes, and some – that may be we’ll do but with great difficulty. Everybody had an opinion that the last 15 km we’ll be very difficult. We went to the place for 3,5 hours. It was the most difficult way I passed in my bike and on this tyres.
Когда спрашивали у местных - заедем туда или нет - одни говорили, не доедем, другие - возможно, доедете, но с большим трудом. Все сходились во мнении, что последние 15 километров нереально сложные. Ехали до места три с половиной часа. Дорога оказалась, пожалуй, наиболее сложной для прохождения на этом мотоцикле и на этой резине.

Хотя нет, пожалуй на зимнем ралли медведь-шатун на этом мотоцикле было еще веселей.
Though not, perhaps on a winter rally bear-rod on the bike was even more fun.

Just imagine the road interrupted with deep dirt, than it becomes awful and turning into a loose rocks mixed with stones from small to boulder. We met parts of road it was horrible to look at, for example, rocks as stairs with stones on it and a deep precipice near and decent helix angle of the road. Exactly on such place Sasha fell the first time. He fell on his side and hit his back which now has greatly hurt. I want to say that without the back protector he would have been badly. Thank to medicine chest which we gathered before the road.
Представьте себе что гравийная дорога прерывается глубокой грязью, потом становится совсем убитой превращаясь в сыпучий скальник вперемешку с камнями от небольших до валунов. Встречались участки вообще не постижимо безобразные на которые было страшно смотреть например торчащие виде ступеней скалы присыпанные камнями рядом с глубоким обрывом и приличным углом подъема дороги. Именно на таком месте упал Саша в первый раз в тот день. Он упал на бок и ударился спиной которая сейчас у него сильно болит, хочу сказать что протектор спины отработал удар без него ему было бы худо. Спасибо аптечке которую собрали перед дорогой.

After the fall from the bike the mirror and wind protector were damaged a little, the rest was ok.
После падения на мотике немного погнуто зеркало чуть загнулась ветрозащита правой руки, все остальное целое.

Before reaching 5 km to Rahmanov Keys we got into a strong threat and a bit wet. In Rahmanov Keys there is a Kazakhstan President’s sanatorium where officials and rich people of Kazahstan come to have a rest on helicopters or on jeeps. They say that the President have an annual course of prophylactic treatment there.
Не доезжая 5 километров до Р.ключей попали в сильнейшую угрозу и немного промокли. На р. Ключах находится санаторий президента Казахстана, куда приезжают отдыхать чиновники и состоятельные люди Казахстана либо на вертолете или на джипах. Говорят, что их президент проходит там ежегодный курс профилактического лечения.

The territory and everything we saw in the sanatorium surprised us very much. It was unreal contrast of wild nature and civilization. A very kind manager Marina showed us facilitated territory: age-old forest, modern medical building, and quality wooden houses from glued beams for patients, lawns, paths, sports areas, ponds with bridges for walking. Everywhere run tame rabbits. Around there is wonderful lake framed by majestic mountain ridges, followed China. That’s great. Marina said we were first bikers who reached them.
Территория и все, что мы там увидели в санатории нас очень удивило! Нереальный контраст, дикой природы и цивилизации. Очень любезная администратор Марина
показала нам благоустроенную территорию: вековой лес современное здание лечебного корпуса, качественные деревянные дома из клееного бруса для проживания пациентов, лужайки, дорожки, спортивные зоны, пруды с мостиками для прогулок. Везде бегают ручные кролики. Вокруг дивные озера обрамленные величественными горными отрогами, за которыми кстати Китай. Ляпота! По словам Марины мы первые мотоциклисты, которые доехали до них! Она провела нас на питьевой источник, где мы попили родоновой водички.

By the way Rawdon is a radioactive gas. It is considered that the water saturated with this gas (radioactive soda) helps many diseases Rejuvenating stimulating properties of the body. Indeed it’s very effective I became younger and even wanted to stay with administrator Marina for a while. Then we went to medicine building. It was a modern palace with a pool of radon source that is in its center.
Кстати родон это радиоактивный газ. Cчитается, что вода насыщенная этим газом (радиоактивная газировка) помогает от многих болезней стимулируя молодильные свойства организма. Действительно очень эффективное воздействие я сразу помолодел лет на 5 и даже было хотел остаться у администарторши Марины погостить. Потом пошли в здание лечебного корпуса. Некий современный дворец, центром которого является бассейн с горячим родоновым источником, в котором бьет из под земли радоновая вода.
The pool and the building was built around of the source. Exterior and interior of the building was luxury. It was very nice to sit on the leather sofa and watch for 5 minutes wide plasma waiting for the survey of the doctor. All this was in sharp contrast to the territory that was outside of the sanatorium. Than I had doctor examination who said I had a blood pressure 110*70 just like cosmonaut!
Вокруг этого источника построили бассейн и целое здание со всей инфраструктурой. Наружная и внутренняя отделка здания шикарная. Было очень приятно посидеть на кожаном диване и посмотреть 5 минут широченную плазму в ожидании осмотра врача. Все это дико диссонировало с тем, что было до территории этого учреждения. Прошел осмотра врача который меня обрадовал, у меня давление 110 на 70 как у космонавта!

Then we had a procedure in a pool of crystal clear water. Bottom of the pool was covered with natural sand and stones. They said it was so before they built the pool. Along the perimeter of the water there were comfortable settings, like a huge, deep Jacuzzi. I hadn’t such a pleasure for a long time. The water in the pool was 42˚C. It was such a pleasure after the rain and temperature of 13˚C outside. After the swimming we went to the dining room and had a great dinner. Saying goodbye to a nice Marina, we went to the trigger.
Нас проводили на процедуру в бассейн с кристально чистой водой. Дно бассейна покрыто естественным песком и камнями. Нам сообщили, что так все и было до строительства бассейна. По периметру в воде удобные сидения, похоже на огромное, глубокое джакузи. Такого кайфа я давно не испытывал! Вода в бассейне 42 градуса. Это было неповторимо приятно после дождя и температуры на улице + 13. После процедуры купания мы отправились в столовую, где отлично отобедали. Попрощавшись с милой Мариной, мы отправились на спуск.

By the way to reach that place we climbed into the mountains for another kilometer. Rakhmanovsky keys are at the height of eight hundred meters, and Kathon Karagai 800 meters above sea level. The rain went down so the road was washed out and flooded, mud has spread. Sasha was driving in front of me and suddenly his bike turned sharply and he fell into a puddle. He was unharmed but he hit a finger. On a motorcycle left arc was bent and another mirror was little corrupted.
Кстати, чтобы достичь этого места мы взобрались в горы еще на километр. Рахмановский ключи находятся на высоте тысячи восемьсот метров, а катон карагай 800 метров над уровнем моря. Тот дождь ушел ниже поэтому дорога была размыта и залита, грязь расползлась. Саша ехал передо мной и вдруг его мотоцикл резко развернуло и он упал в лужу. Он оказался цел лишь ударил палец кисти. На мотоцикле согнулась левая защитная дуга и немного повредилась второе зеркало.

After returning to sanatorium we repaired the bike, everything works and will work. On the descent, we were lucky as we opened a beautiful view of Mount Belukha, which at the time when we rise was hidden by clouds. Stunner. It is the highest mountain of the Altai 4506 meters; they say that somewhere on the slopes lies the entrance to the magical land of Shambhala. But I consider Shambala is in pant hospital in Katon Karagai. And great diner that made Gulia proves it. This mistress fed us home Kazakh food and sweets. Gala dinner was at the National yurt, it was unforgettable. After the dinner, I took a half liter of koumiss from Gulia and we went to the bath, where we had a nice warm up with a broom and washed our clothes. In the end, I can only say that the nature is so beautiful and original there, that I does not even know what to compare. This is a necessary to see.
После возвращения в пантовую лечебницу мы починили мотик, все функционирует и будет работать. На спуске, нам повезло, нам открылся прекрасный вид на гору Белуху, которая во время подъема была скрыта облаками. Потрясающее зрелище. Это самая высокая гора алтая 4506 метров, говорят что где-то на ее склонах скрывается вход в волшебную страну Шамбалу. Хотя я считаю,что шамбола в котон-карагае в пантовом пансионате. И волшебный стол, который накрыла Гуля доказывает это. Эта искусница накормила нас домашней казахской кухней и сладостями. Торжественный ужин происходил в национальной юрте, это было незабываемо. После ужина я взял у Гули полтора литра кумыса, и мы отправились в баню, где славно попарились с веничком и постирали свои шмотки. В итоге скажу только то, что природа здесь такая красивая и самобытная, что даже не знаю с чем сравнить. Это надо увидеть.

Kostopraff screwed with this post 11-16-2012 at 01:02 PM
Kostopraff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 12:53 PM   #74
ben2go
Moto Flunky

Oddometer: 2,987
Good update.Looks like you guys are having a great time exploring your country.If I ever have a chance,I would like to visit.
ben2go is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2012, 01:06 PM   #75
Kostopraff OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ben2go View Post
Good update.Looks like you guys are having a great time exploring your country.If I ever have a chance,I would like to visit.
My dream is to travel across the US!