ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Bikes > Old's Cool > Airheads
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-04-2012, 10:53 AM   #76
Infracaninophile OP
Finding My Way..
 
Infracaninophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: New England, USA
Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by One Less Harley View Post
...this thread is getting weird again, please no pictures, you'll get banned
OLH:

Perhaps you missed my raised "sarcasm" hand. It was meant to be humor. I am pretty sure no one is going to transmit pictures of private parts.

T.
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:55 AM   #77
Infracaninophile OP
Finding My Way..
 
Infracaninophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: New England, USA
Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Airhead Wrangler View Post
Is it "flash" green or gangrene?
Let's just call it Teal. Because if an American had named the color that's exactly what they would have called it. Hey, it's not as bad as "Velvet Violet". Right? Can all the people with the Barney Bikes raise their hands so we can make fun of them?

T.
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 10:56 AM   #78
Infracaninophile OP
Finding My Way..
 
Infracaninophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: New England, USA
Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
I can't do that. I'm thinking of running for Superior Court Judge, or Trashman (whichever pays more), and I don't want to have a 'Weiner' moment.

How about this?



At least as a trash man you'd have more self respect. You win if that picture is close.

T.
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:00 AM   #79
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post
At least as a trash man you'd have more self respect. You win if that picture is close.

T.
Quite right, besides I'm more qualified for the trashman gig.

PS - Fun bike, I can't wait to see what you do with it. It will be the wifey's ride? Lucky girl.
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:23 AM   #80
Infracaninophile OP
Finding My Way..
 
Infracaninophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: New England, USA
Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beater View Post
Quite right, besides I'm more qualified for the trashman gig.

PS - Fun bike, I can't wait to see what you do with it. It will be the wifey's ride? Lucky girl.
Beater:

The goal is for it to be my wife's ride. Up until 4 years ago she was an avid rider and had been riding for 10+ years. We were both involved in a pedestrian accident where we were hit by a car in a crosswalk. She was hurt pretty bad and said she would no longer ride. I sold her bikes (Yamaha FZ6 and BMW F650GS) and she moved on. Now, 4 years later I think she's getting the inkling to ride again. But, we don't want to blow the $$ on a bike dedicated to her that I would not like in case she doesn't take it up or can't handle it. She's 5'8" and has ridden big bikes before and easily rode the F650GS. I think she can handle a R100GSPD as long as she doesn't fill the gas tank. She loves the color (I won't tell you that she has already "named" the bike) and has sat on it. My fingers are crossed that she may move forward even if it's just a little at first again.

When the other red PD in VA came up and I pointed out "yup, as soon as I buy a good bike the perfect one comes along" she told me to buy the other bike and prep the Teal bike for her. I was shocked right down to my socks.

So, I am thinking very positive thoughts right now.

Tom
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:36 AM   #81
Beater
Blinded by Science
 
Beater's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2009
Location: Atlanta, GA, USA
Oddometer: 2,881
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post

So, I am thinking very positive thoughts right now.

Tom
Awesome Tom. Sending good, positive, and healing prayers your way ...

Fred

Edit (No affiliation with any of these):
'93 PD http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...7938+&viewitem
'94 GS http://asheville.craigslist.org/mcy/2744933812.html
'92 GS http://tallahassee.craigslist.org/mcy/2779665952.html
'95 PD http://raleigh.craigslist.org/mcy/2746286317.html
'92 GS http://tampa.craigslist.org/pnl/mcy/2739187706.html
'93 PD http://harrisonburg.craigslist.org/mcy/2768498125.html (LOOK AT THIS ONE)
'91 GS http://stlouis.craigslist.org/mcy/2725429088.html
'91 GS http://milwaukee.craigslist.org/mcy/2696504454.html
'92 GS http://yuma.craigslist.org/mcy/2756405718.html
'93 PD http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/2761723187.html
'92 GS http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...775051151.html


Good Luck!
__________________
Fred
'85 R80RT G/Sified <|> '91 R100GS Bumblebee (103K miles and climbing) <|> '73 R75/5 LWB
Airhead Zen: Ride - Repair - Ride - Maintain - Ride - Repeat

Beater screwed with this post 01-04-2012 at 11:59 AM
Beater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 11:55 AM   #82
Uncle Pollo
happy cachiporra
 
Uncle Pollo's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2006
Location: Albuquerque, Neue Messico
Oddometer: 47,161
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post
Beater:

The goal is for it to be my wife's ride. Up until 4 years ago she was an avid rider and had been riding for 10+ years. We were both involved in a pedestrian accident where we were hit by a car in a crosswalk. She was hurt pretty bad and said she would no longer ride. I sold her bikes (Yamaha FZ6 and BMW F650GS) and she moved on. Now, 4 years later I think she's getting the inkling to ride again. But, we don't want to blow the $$ on a bike dedicated to her that I would not like in case she doesn't take it up or can't handle it. She's 5'8" and has ridden big bikes before and easily rode the F650GS. I think she can handle a R100GSPD as long as she doesn't fill the gas tank. She loves the color (I won't tell you that she has already "named" the bike) and has sat on it. My fingers are crossed that she may move forward even if it's just a little at first again.

When the other red PD in VA came up and I pointed out "yup, as soon as I buy a good bike the perfect one comes along" she told me to buy the other bike and prep the Teal bike for her. I was shocked right down to my socks.

So, I am thinking very positive thoughts right now.

Tom
She needs white riding gear now.
Uncle Pollo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 12:20 PM   #83
Infracaninophile OP
Finding My Way..
 
Infracaninophile's Avatar
 
Joined: Sep 2001
Location: New England, USA
Oddometer: 7,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by PolloAsesino View Post
She needs white riding gear now.
I thought you could only wear white after Memorial Day? I think my mom told me that.

Tom
Infracaninophile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2012, 07:57 PM   #84
squiffynimrod
maximum shrinkage
 
squiffynimrod's Avatar
 
Joined: Mar 2010
Location: Flatskatchewan
Oddometer: 1,065
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infracaninophile View Post
Beater:

The goal is for it to be my wife's ride. Up until 4 years ago she was an avid rider and had been riding for 10+ years. We were both involved in a pedestrian accident where we were hit by a car in a crosswalk. She was hurt pretty bad and said she would no longer ride. I sold her bikes (Yamaha FZ6 and BMW F650GS) and she moved on. Now, 4 years later I think she's getting the inkling to ride again. But, we don't want to blow the $$ on a bike dedicated to her that I would not like in case she doesn't take it up or can't handle it. She's 5'8" and has ridden big bikes before and easily rode the F650GS. I think she can handle a R100GSPD as long as she doesn't fill the gas tank. She loves the color (I won't tell you that she has already "named" the bike) and has sat on it. My fingers are crossed that she may move forward even if it's just a little at first again.

When the other red PD in VA came up and I pointed out "yup, as soon as I buy a good bike the perfect one comes along" she told me to buy the other bike and prep the Teal bike for her. I was shocked right down to my socks.

So, I am thinking very positive thoughts right now.

Tom
I get it now.
__________________
"slavish attention to a schedule inhibits opportunities"- judgebill
squiffynimrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 06:05 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014