User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 12-27-2012, 01:50 AM   #256
Drewster Dirt
n00b

Oddometer: 3
Thumb

Mighty effort, especially with that seat!
Drewster Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:32 AM   #257
Crutchy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 116
Poor Tyre luging you around at race pace
when u get a flat stop straight away !
thanks for the company on way home

QUOTE=KTMatt;20323771]And a Merry fucking Xmass to you to shit brick

It was the EO-9 Dakar 140-80-18 which was going well untill it went flat and then blow apart

It was wearing well considering the treatment and conditions it had been put through but over heated with a slow leak which caused it to split but any tyre would have done that running at 120-130km/hr over that shit road.

Its a great tyre and will more than likely run another when I do a big run out west.

Cheers from your big cousin Matt [/QUOTE]
Crutchy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:43 AM   #258
Crutchy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

I did 1601 k in 1 day by the time i got back to the corner the 640 did well not bad considering i hadent riden since last year LD wit TF
Old 12-27-2012, 02:46 AM   #259
KTMatt
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 778
[QUOTE=Crutchy;20336140]Poor Tyre luging you around at race pace

I did stop straight away the first time.
Well as quick as you can from 120 with the back end trying to over take the front
And after the second I figgered the tyre was fucked anyway with that big split in the side so I just kept going untill it was realy fucked.

Cheers Matt
Old 12-27-2012, 02:47 AM   #260
Left One
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutchy View Post
I did 1601 k in 1 day by the time i got back to the corner the 640 did well not bad considering i hadent riden since last year LD wit TF
Great stuff Crutchy! Top effort mate.
Left One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2012, 02:49 AM   #261
Left One
Adventurer

Oddometer: 24
[QUOTE=KTMatt;20336160]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Crutchy View Post
Poor Tyre luging you around at race pace

I did stop straight away the first time.
Well as quick as you can from 120 with the back end trying to over take the front
And after the second I figgered the tyre was fucked anyway with that big split in the side so I just kept going untill it was realy fucked.

Cheers Matt
Funny stuff Matt! I bet it was a little hot out there trying to repair a flat!! I was thinking as I was riding "Shit I hope I don't get a flat eh!
Left One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 02:41 PM   #262
shedmarket
Chris

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
Got on the hyw to Bourke and smelt burning oil, I slowed down to hear a little man inside the engine with a hammer trying to get out. 20 out of Bourke on the side of the road.
Did you consider simply letting the little bloke with the hammer out? Might have run fine after that.

Of course he may have done some damage with that hammer but who could blame him, if I was inside a motor getting as much abuse as you were giving it I would be fair swinging the hammer to get some attention.

On a slightly different note, you should be careful posting videos showing very clearly the breaking of (several) laws, many people have been tracked down and made an example of for less.

I wonder how long before the authorities get wind of this Australian version of the cannonball run and put a stop to it. Probably when someone has a serious off, dies, and it hits the media. I hope the tradition continues so maybe less details of speeds reached and distances travelled in short periods of time the better.

All that said, hats off to you. I only wish I had the skills to ride at that level.
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2012, 04:31 PM   #263
Tfos1
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 221
Coffs guys' Longest Day story

One of the Coffs guys sent his Longest Day story and I posted it at http://dualsportaustralia.com.au/?p=192.

TF
Tfos1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 01:36 PM   #264
podge NT
Podge NT

Oddometer: 2,149
Called in to Cameron Corner store on the 28 th of December, there is a notice there stating that the longest ride of the day was from Camooweal to the corner 1662 km which is the longest one yet. Good effort, by the way it was done on a 690 KTM which refused to start to go back so it had to go by trailer
Old 12-29-2012, 11:25 PM   #265
Fogo72
I Bleed Green

Oddometer: 1,399
Quote:
Originally Posted by podge NT View Post
Called in to Cameron Corner store on the 28 th of December, there is a notice there stating that the longest ride of the day was from Camooweal to the corner 1662 km which is the longest one yet. Good effort, by the way it was done on a 690 KTM which refused to start to go back so it had to go by trailer
Bit different coming from the coast, the first 500 klms is forest, Mountains and thick fog before you can settle in for a quick blast out west.

Cheers Fogo...
Fogo72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2012, 11:53 PM   #266
shedmarket
Chris

Oddometer: 441
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fogo72 View Post
Bit different coming from the coast, the first 500 klms is forest, Mountains and thick fog before you can settle in for a quick blast out west.

Cheers Fogo...
True, but a lot less bitumen and he would not have picked up around an hour on the sun rise / sun set differences on the start / finish locations.

Unless it is a scrutinised event there will always be the comparisons that are too hard to truly decide, either way you are all legends.
shedmarket is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2012, 01:47 AM   #267
philth
philth

Oddometer: 5,768
Quote:
well done
quiet achiever
Old 12-30-2012, 09:59 PM   #268
Crutchy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Rite you lot you ride there u ride home not put the BIKE in a trailor cause ur too soft if the bike breaks down DNF !

Quote:
Old 12-30-2012, 10:03 PM   #269
Crutchy OP
Gnarly Adventurer

Maybee thats Karma the guy went past me full noise heading to the corner i was stopped looking at my bike 80 k west of cnr WTF we were both on orange bikes what a wanker not to even stop or make make any sort of contact in fact the way he was riding gives us all a bad name .

QUOTE=podge NT;20352651]Called in to Cameron Corner store on the 28 th of December, there is a notice there stating that the longest ride of the day was from Camooweal to the corner 1662 km which is the longest one yet. Good effort, by the way it was done on a 690 KTM which refused to start to go back so it had to go by trailer[/QUOTE]
Old 01-01-2013, 02:15 PM   #270
crocracing
Adventurer

Oddometer: 50
Well Done

Isn't this all about how far you can ride on the longest day of the year? Got bugger all to do with what you do the day before or the day after. Good effort mate!
crocracing is offline   Reply With Quote