ADVrider

Go Back   ADVrider > Riding > Regional forums > Southeast, The Lair of the Dragon - The Blue Ridge and Smoky Mountains
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-06-2012, 10:58 PM   #16
Wladziu OP
Gnarly Adventurer
 
Wladziu's Avatar
 
Joined: Aug 2010
Oddometer: 125
So....

Instead of spending $10k on liposuction for my wife...
I bought a new Husky, a GPS, more riding gear, bike parts, a hiking pistol, and assorted camping gear.


Since I've known her, I've been through two wars (Kosovo and Iraq). Gotten a college degree with full honors. Gone to six med school interviews. And beat PTSD.

While she was eating chocolate cake and watching vampire fags till she starts snoring.









Don't need you weiners, either.
I'm going on a f-ing adventure.
Wladziu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2012, 11:32 PM   #17
FishHunt
slow poking...
 
FishHunt's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2009
Location: Asheboro, N.C.
Oddometer: 1,307
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post
So....

Instead of spending $10k on liposuction for my wife...
I bought a new Husky, a GPS, more riding gear, bike parts, a hiking pistol, and assorted camping gear.


Since I've known her, I've been through two wars (Kosovo and Iraq). Gotten a college degree with full honors. Gone to six med school interviews. And beat PTSD.

While she was eating chocolate cake and watching vampire fags till she starts snoring.

Don't need you weiners, either.
I'm going on a f-ing adventure.
I think this is the single best post I have read on ADV. It sounds like you are ready for and in need of an adventure. I damn well hope you enjoy the ride!

<>< Fish
__________________
V-Strom 650 Averaging 100 Smiles per gallon

Be good and you will be lonesome - Mark Twain
____________________________________
FishHunt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 06:46 PM   #18
aplscrambles
WNC trail addict
 
aplscrambles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Zoo City, NC
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post
So....

Instead of spending $10k on liposuction for my wife...
I bought a new Husky, a GPS, more riding gear, bike parts, a hiking pistol, and assorted camping gear.


Since I've known her, I've been through two wars (Kosovo and Iraq). Gotten a college degree with full honors. Gone to six med school interviews. And beat PTSD.

While she was eating chocolate cake and watching vampire fags till she starts snoring.









Don't need you weiners, either.
I'm going on a f-ing adventure.
Good stuff, I hear ya!
Vampire fags="twilight" movies?
__________________
'99 DR 200SE
'08 V-Strom DL650
'02 YAM YZ 250
aplscrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2012, 08:26 PM   #19
Cpl.Steve
swilkins
 
Cpl.Steve's Avatar
 
Joined: Feb 2008
Location: Graham, NC
Oddometer: 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wladziu View Post
So....

Instead of spending $10k on liposuction for my wife...
I bought a new Husky, a GPS, more riding gear, bike parts, a hiking pistol, and assorted camping gear.


Since I've known her, I've been through two wars (Kosovo and Iraq). Gotten a college degree with full honors. Gone to six med school interviews. And beat PTSD.

While she was eating chocolate cake and watching vampire fags till she starts snoring.






Don't need you weiners, either.
I'm going on a f-ing adventure.



Nice!
Cpl.Steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 04:54 AM   #20
Gene1956
Adventurer
 
Gene1956's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Asheboro
Oddometer: 23
Hey TURDS, I'am here in Ramseur. Lets get a ride together. We should meet some Sunday morning maybe around Liberty for coffee and ride around the countryside. I have just picked up a nice 1981 Honda XL500 with big knobbes on it. I have rode it about 100miles so far and I like it. I want to take it off road alittle. I race alot of hare scrambles on weekends but I will let that go for a dual sport ride ever now and then. Thanks, Gene
Gene1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #21
Casto
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC
Oddometer: 10
In greensboro here, always looking for new dirt rides. I would love to check out a hare srcamble. Let me know.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
Casto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 08:59 AM   #22
aplscrambles
WNC trail addict
 
aplscrambles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Zoo City, NC
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene1956 View Post
Hey TURDS, I'am here in Ramseur. Lets get a ride together. We should meet some Sunday morning maybe around Liberty for coffee and ride around the countryside. I have just picked up a nice 1981 Honda XL500 with big knobbes on it. I have rode it about 100miles so far and I like it. I want to take it off road alittle. I race alot of hare scrambles on weekends but I will let that go for a dual sport ride ever now and then. Thanks, Gene
Sounds like fun to me, but if'n Im going to liberty I think I'd have to blast down Old Liberty on my streetbike! Kind of a long ride on knobs from W. Asheboro where I live.
__________________
'99 DR 200SE
'08 V-Strom DL650
'02 YAM YZ 250
aplscrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 09:31 AM   #23
aplscrambles
WNC trail addict
 
aplscrambles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Zoo City, NC
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casto View Post
In greensboro here, always looking for new dirt rides. I would love to check out a hare srcamble. Let me know.
What kind of dirt do you like to ride? Just gravel, or trails or what? I have a few guys I ride with, we'll hit gravel roads and forest trails, ohvs from uwharrie to brown mtn to asheville to murphy and everything in between. Youre welcome to tag along sometime. . Several of the guys ride WR-Rs so youd be right at home! I ride all winter and spring and fall mostly. I also race harescrambles every now and then. You'll have to come check one out this spring.
__________________
'99 DR 200SE
'08 V-Strom DL650
'02 YAM YZ 250
aplscrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:01 AM   #24
Casto
Adventurer
 
Joined: Oct 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC
Oddometer: 10
Quote:
Originally Posted by aplandscaping View Post
What kind of dirt do you like to ride? Just gravel, or trails or what? I have a few guys I ride with, we'll hit gravel roads and forest trails, ohvs from uwharrie to brown mtn to asheville to murphy and everything in between. Youre welcome to tag along sometime. . Several of the guys ride WR-Rs so youd be right at home! I ride all winter and spring and fall mostly. I also race harescrambles every now and then. You'll have to come check one out this spring.
I prefer technical trails, and tight stuff in the woods, over gravel, but i'm not picky. I ride powerline trails here in greensboro, been looking for someone to go to uwharrie with.
__________________
2008 Yamaha WR250R
Casto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2012, 10:18 AM   #25
aplscrambles
WNC trail addict
 
aplscrambles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Zoo City, NC
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casto View Post
I prefer technical trails, and tight stuff in the woods, over gravel, but i'm not picky. I ride powerline trails here in greensboro, been looking for someone to go to uwharrie with.
I like what I'm hearing. Sounds like you're after the real thing. PM sent.
__________________
'99 DR 200SE
'08 V-Strom DL650
'02 YAM YZ 250
aplscrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 03:12 AM   #26
Gene1956
Adventurer
 
Gene1956's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Asheboro
Oddometer: 23
Broxton Bridge Dual Sport ride

I'am thinking of riding the Broxton Bridge Dual Sport Ride. If I do, I will leave Asheboro around 2-3 am next Saturday morning and trailer my XL500 down. I will tent camp Saturday night and watch the start of the enduro race Sunday morning, then drive home. Anyone wanting to go? just let me know. Later, Gene
Gene1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2012, 08:03 PM   #27
Burnt Toast
Slingshot: engaged.
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC
Oddometer: 212
Wait for meeeeeee.....

Looks like I finally found the right forum. I sent a few PM's to a few of you before I found my way here. I'd like to do some dirty or twisty riding... got both covered (99 DR650 & 03 ZX6E). Hoping to find some trails around here. Maybe some of you can lead me there!

Rode dirt until I got my driver's license...bike hiatus for 10 years... street bike in the 90's...bike hiatus for 10+ years... bought a street bike...few years later bought a dirt bike...back on track with two bikes!

43 years old and have to go to work on Monday's, so I take it much easier than I used to.

TURDS... I love it.

-Rick
Burnt Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:04 AM   #28
aplscrambles
WNC trail addict
 
aplscrambles's Avatar
 
Joined: Jun 2008
Location: Zoo City, NC
Oddometer: 464
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gene1956 View Post
I'am thinking of riding the Broxton Bridge Dual Sport Ride. If I do, I will leave Asheboro around 2-3 am next Saturday morning and trailer my XL500 down. I will tent camp Saturday night and watch the start of the enduro race Sunday morning, then drive home. Anyone wanting to go? just let me know. Later, Gene
I was seriously considering running the enduro on the recommendation of a neighbor saying its the most fun race hes done, hands down. Alas, I have a small group wanting to ride brushy this weekend. Oh well. Im sure it'll be fun.
__________________
'99 DR 200SE
'08 V-Strom DL650
'02 YAM YZ 250
aplscrambles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 12:15 PM   #29
Burnt Toast
Slingshot: engaged.
 
Joined: Jul 2011
Location: Greensboro, NC
Oddometer: 212
Places to ride...

Ok guys... I mean TURDS, where are some good places to get your tires dirty around here? I've been riding street for so long I have to adjust my "ride goggles" to find some places to take this DR. What am I looking for? Any kind of off-road so long as I don't get shot at by an angry farmer.

If it's been posted somewhere, please direct me.

Gracias
Burnt Toast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 01:05 AM   #30
Gene1956
Adventurer
 
Gene1956's Avatar
 
Joined: Dec 2011
Location: Asheboro
Oddometer: 23
Places to ride

Quote:
Originally Posted by Burnt Toast View Post
Ok guys... I mean TURDS, where are some good places to get your tires dirty around here? I've been riding street for so long I have to adjust my "ride goggles" to find some places to take this DR. What am I looking for? Any kind of off-road so long as I don't get shot at by an angry farmer.

If it's been posted somewhere, please direct me.

Gracias
Brushy Mt. Motorsports Park is a good place to ride offroad, and its only an hour or so west of Greensboro. Devils Ridge MX has their hare scramble track open most weekends when they have practice. I rode at Bosco Beach in Goldsboro a few times a couple years ago, it wasn't bad ( if its not too wet). I am sort of new to this dual sport thing, but I will keep my eyes open for things to do. Come go with me down to Broxton Bridge this weekend. We can leave early Saturday morning, ride all day, drive home Saturday evening (take turns driving).
Gene1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Share

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

.
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On

Forum Jump


Times are GMT -7.   It's 01:28 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.5
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright ADVrider 2011-2014