Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-04-2013, 09:20 AM   #601
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,145
Quote:
Originally Posted by eddie98 View Post
I'm having the same issues as EvanADV, my switch gets stuck in between.

Here are my pics on my strom.

Send Kris an email - info@mondomotos.com and she will send a replacement switch to you.

Thanks for posting the pics

-Brian
The Toad is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 11:29 AM   #602
caffeinated
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Question. One of my MM10's flashes after the bike is off. They go through a Skene IQ-170 dimmer. They are wired to switch off with the bike and have been working fine for a few months, but now this blinking. Is there a short in the system? water? dimmer no good?

I plan on pulling the plastic and checking the wiring tonight, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue?
caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 01:27 PM   #603
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by caffeinated View Post
Question. One of my MM10's flashes after the bike is off. They go through a Skene IQ-170 dimmer. They are wired to switch off with the bike and have been working fine for a few months, but now this blinking. Is there a short in the system? water? dimmer no good?

I plan on pulling the plastic and checking the wiring tonight, but wanted to see if anyone has experienced this issue?
If the light is flashing when the bike is off, then it is somehow getting power when it shouldnt. Off the top of my head I'd guess something is causing a surge after the bike has been turned off? First guess would be the controller, but thats just a guess. Not sure why it would just be in one of the lights though?

-Brian
Old 06-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #604
tobbik
Adventurer

Oddometer: 77
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
If the light is flashing when the bike is off, then it is somehow getting power when it shouldnt. Off the top of my head I'd guess something is causing a surge after the bike has been turned off? First guess would be the controller, but thats just a guess. Not sure why it would just be in one of the lights though?

-Brian
The skeen controller has 2 separate and dedicated outputs, one per light. So I would look into the controller.
tobbik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 03:13 PM   #605
caffeinated
Adventurer

Oddometer: 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by tobbik View Post
The skeen controller has 2 separate and dedicated outputs, one per light. So I would look into the controller.
Ah yes, each light's ground goes to the Skene controller.
caffeinated is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2013, 05:38 PM   #606
Wisconsinkris
Adventurer

Oddometer: 98
Swap the lights on the output.

If it follows the light, the light or cable has issue.

If it moves to the other light it is the skeene
Wisconsinkris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 05:26 AM   #607
MooMoo
Adventurer

Oddometer: 79
I just mounted mine yesterday but I have not had the chance to ride at night, yet. I have them mounted to the tabs on the Rumbux that is normally for the Rumbux upper loop.

MooMoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #608
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wisconsinkris View Post
Swap the lights on the output.

If it follows the light, the light or cable has issue.

If it moves to the other light it is the skeene
Old skool troubleshooting... I forgot too mention that.

Good thinking

-Brian
Old 06-05-2013, 01:20 PM   #609
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooMoo View Post
I just mounted mine yesterday but I have not had the chance to ride at night, yet. I have them mounted to the tabs on the Rumbux that is normally for the Rumbux upper loop.

Looks like a great mounting point for the Tenere.

Thanks for posting up the pics
-Brian
Old 06-08-2013, 02:06 PM   #610
headshrink
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
I've been enjoying mine for a couple weeks now. I had to get longer mounting bolts, and added plastic bushings, but that's to be expected on a universally designed product. The install was super fast/easy, and I love the wiring harness.... perfect.

One question though: is the switch REALLY waterproof (It looks like the weak link to me)???

Here's a pic of the M10 bullets mounted on my Ninja 250.

headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2013, 08:28 AM   #611
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I've been enjoying mine for a couple weeks now. I had to get longer mounting bolts, and added plastic bushings, but that's to be expected on a universally designed product. The install was super fast/easy, and I love the wiring harness.... perfect.

One question though: is the switch REALLY waterproof (It looks like the weak link to me)???

Here's a pic of the M10 bullets mounted on my Ninja 250.

The switch will stand up to the elements. There are silicone sprays available that can help to seal it if your expecting to get really wet. They can be messy so if you go that route be careful of overspray.

Another option if you frequently ride in rain is the rubber glove "trick". Its not pretty, but works great for sealing the switch.

Take 1 clear rubber glove, cut off one of the fingers, insert switch, tie wrap. remount and go. We are working on a more aesthetically pleasing boot for the switch for those that frequently get wet.

Bear in mind, I personally have the exact same switches (unprotected) on 3 different bikes (2 of them for 2 + years) without any issues (on and off road).

thanks for the feedback.
-Brian

-Brian

The Toad screwed with this post 06-10-2013 at 12:55 PM
Old 06-11-2013, 02:09 AM   #612
headshrink
Adventurer

Thanks for answering Brian.
If you have them on your bikes and they work fine I won't worry about it. It's my everyday ride and sees it's fair share of rain, but unless you're actually advising that I cover it, I'll leave it be.
Old 06-11-2013, 10:42 PM   #613
wizze
Wizze = Wise

Oddometer: 1,025
Alrighty then. The 1st pics looks like alien autopsy getting ready to air. Decided to use SW Motech's headlight mounts. For the price they need to include longer bolt and rubber washer to keep things tight.

Lights on high beam - motor not running so no low beam but you get the gyst

Single light on the garage door

Both Mondo lights on the garage door.

As far as the switch, I used Black RTV to seal the hole where the wire enters the switch. Should stay a lot drier.

Overall I am happy with the lights. They are a great value. and for the price...why not try them? I am running the SKene IQ regulator with 50% power at low beam and 100% on high. That's a cool feature. Everything worked of the 1st time and nothing caught fire, blew up etc

Good job and thanks again
2005 BMW R1200RT
Is that it?

wizze screwed with this post 06-12-2013 at 01:48 PM
wizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 11:18 AM   #614
headshrink
Adventurer

Don't tell my wife, but I'm thinking about getting another pair.

I don't NEED another pair, but it would be to increase my visibility to others. I'll call this my "visual footprint" (we'll see if that catches on). The pair on my forks are cool, but a pair mounted approx.. where my stock indicators are would look awesome, making me wider. The MM8 lights would be something to consider, but they might be a little too big for this application.... after all, it is just a Ninja 250r commuting bike.

If the MM10 Bullets were offered with a fog light lens option, I would probably get those and switch them with the one's down low, putting the current ones higher. Any plans on offering a fog lens option, Brian?
Old 06-12-2013, 11:52 AM   #615
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by wizze View Post
Alrighty then. The 1st pics looks like alien autopsy getting ready to air. Decided to use SW Motech's headlight mounts. For the price they need to include longer bolt and rubber washer to keep things tight.

Lights on high beam - motor not running so no low beam but you get the gyst

Single light on the garage door

Both Mondo lights on the garage door.

As far as the switch, I used Black RTV to seal the hole where the wire enters the switch. Should stay a lot drier.

Overall I am happy with the lights. They are a great value. and for the price...why not try them? I am running the SKene IQ regulator with 50% power at low bean and $100% or high. That's a cool feature. Everything worked of the 1st time and nothing caught fire, blew up etc

Good job and thanks again
Thanks for taking the time to post a review and pics.

-Brian