Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 06-12-2013, 11:07 AM   #616
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Don't tell my wife, but I'm thinking about getting another pair.

I don't NEED another pair, but it would be to increase my visibility to others. I'll call this my "visual footprint" (we'll see if that catches on). The pair on my forks are cool, but a pair mounted approx.. where my stock indicators are would look awesome, making me wider. The MM8 lights would be something to consider, but they might be a little too big for this application.... after all, it is just a Ninja 250r commuting bike.

If the MM10 Bullets were offered with a fog light lens option, I would probably get those and switch them with the one's down low, putting the current ones higher. Any plans on offering a fog lens option, Brian?
Visibility to oncoming traffic is key for sure. My obsession with additional lighting began long ago when I got tired of hearing "im so sorry, I didnt see you". For that reason every bike we own gets some added lighting before it hits the road.

I have two pair of the MM10's on my Tiger 800. One down low on the forks that I ride with day/night and a set up high (along side the headlight) that pulse/strobe. I use the upper set (pulsating) when im approaching a particularly busy or sketchy intersection to get the attention of cagers.

The lens is a solid poly carbonate material. We have been looking into offering transparent colored lens filters that would stick to the lens. To date nothing cost effective has been found. But we keep looking.

-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2013, 07:39 PM   #617
kion
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 181
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
I have two pair of the MM10's on my Tiger 800. One down low on the forks that I ride with day/night and a set up high (along side the headlight) that pulse/strobe. I use the upper set (pulsating) when im approaching a particularly busy or sketchy intersection to get the attention of cagers.

-Brian
Can you post a pic or 2?
kion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 03:22 AM   #618
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Oddometer: 918
Have had my MM10's for a while now and only got around to installing them the other day. Only realized after looking at this pic, the left side needs a bit of adjustment. Easy, peasy - think the only difficult part was getting the 2-way tape off the on/off switch.

BlackBeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 07:13 AM   #619
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackBeast View Post
Have had my MM10's for a while now and only got around to installing them the other day. Only realized after looking at this pic, the left side needs a bit of adjustment. Easy, peasy - think the only difficult part was getting the 2-way tape off the on/off switch.

Thanks for the pics/review (you must have had the green backed tape... it could be a pain for sure... we've since replaced it)

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 06-14-2013, 07:38 AM   #620
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by kion View Post
Can you post a pic or 2?
Sure thing

Short Video shows the strobe sequence

thanks,
-Brian
Old 06-14-2013, 11:17 AM   #621
Draechon
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,137
Just ordered an MM10 kit based on the outstanding reviews here. Been looking for a little while at various lighting additions for the DR and am excited for these coming!

Draechon is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2013, 04:53 PM   #622
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Toad,
Are the bottom set attached to the spot for the amber reflectors and how did you get the top ones to strobe?
Old 06-15-2013, 10:26 AM   #623
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Toad,
Are the bottom set attached to the spot for the amber reflectors and how did you get the top ones to strobe?
Yes, the bottom set replaced the reflectors.

We are just about ready to start offering the pulse module. It is a waterproof unit that will plug directly into our harness. Price should come in somewhere in the $15 - $25 range, depending on the final product.

btw - just finished checking out your blog/rtw ride - good stuff

-Brian
Old 06-15-2013, 05:06 PM   #624
BlackBeast
Studly Adventurer

Quote:

We are just about ready to start offering the pulse module. It is a waterproof unit that will plug directly into our harness. Price should come in somewhere in the $15 - $25 range, depending on the final product.

-Brian
Do keep me posted re the module. You have a great product. I'm also a Motorcycle Safety Instructor and all my students were impressed with how visible I am on a sunny day.
Yes, we are due for another trip - guess need to stop spending money on the Tiger.
Old 06-15-2013, 05:35 PM   #625
wizze
Wizze = Wise

Oddometer: 936
I did my 1st group ride today with the MM10's. My friend leading the ride goes "Where did you get those lights they are bright!" Using the Skene they were only 50%. After I told him the price, I may need to negotiate a commission.
2005 BMW R1200RT
Is that it?
wizze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2013, 08:08 PM   #626
originalspacerob
Adventurer

Oddometer: 91
Looks like everyone is really enjoying these lights. Just ordered my set on thursday. Got the MM10. They should be here Monday. Wont be able to install them until next weekend. Ill share one pics once i get them installed. They are going on a '08 XR650l. Saw one person put one on the same bike in the beginning posts. Thank you for the fast shipping. I like everyones different takes on the mounts for the various bikes.
originalspacerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2013, 09:48 AM   #627
mint julep
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 184
Quote:

-Brian
This looks great! I really like it!

With this module, will it only be pulse mode?
I'd love to add this, but would like to switch it from solid to pulse whenever I see fit to do so.

I'll be interested with this release.

Thanks for update.
Love these lights.

Cheers, Dave
Old 06-17-2013, 10:25 PM   #628
goodcat8
I can pass this guy.....

Oddometer: 2,968
+1 on the pulse and constant switch option.
Old 06-19-2013, 07:18 AM   #629
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Do keep me posted re the module. You have a great product. I'm also a Motorcycle Safety Instructor and all my students were impressed with how visible I am on a sunny day.
Yes, we are due for another trip - guess need to stop spending money on the Tiger.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mint julep View Post
This looks great! I really like it!
With this module, will it only be pulse mode?
I'd love to add this, but would like to switch it from solid to pulse whenever I see fit to do so.
I'll be interested with this release.
Thanks for update.
Love these lights.
Cheers, Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by goodcat8 View Post
+1 on the pulse and constant switch option.
In full disclosure it may be a couple months before we have a finished product (CDR ride next month).
We are working on a way to eliminate the need for a second switch. Meaning one switch that will alternate between on/off and strobe. Trying to keep it simple and retrofit it. Oh and keep the price down.

Thanks guys for the input and interest
-Brian
Old 06-19-2013, 07:30 AM   #630
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by originalspacerob View Post
Looks like everyone is really enjoying these lights. Just ordered my set on thursday. Got the MM10. They should be here Monday. Wont be able to install them until next weekend. Ill share one pics once i get them installed. They are going on a '08 XR650l. Saw one person put one on the same bike in the beginning posts. Thank you for the fast shipping. I like everyones different takes on the mounts for the various bikes.
Keep us posted with some pics

thanks,
-Brian