Go Back   ADVrider > Gear > Vendors
User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 02-18-2014, 04:53 PM   #886
propforward
PIE! Freakazoid

Oddometer: 10,700
Got mine, many thanks. A very nice kit. Looking forward to installing and using.
Old 02-21-2014, 11:34 AM   #887
Motardhead
Adventurer

Oddometer: 61
Just placed an order. Can't wait to get the lights. Thanks for the discount code!
Old 02-22-2014, 02:46 PM   #888
DoubleM
Adventurer

Oddometer: 89
Looking for a set of lights with a small amp draw to mount on my BMW 650 Xchallenge. Which set do you recommend?
DoubleM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2014, 05:45 PM   #889
siyeh
Lawn Nazi

Oddometer: 1,400
PM sent about aux lighting on a CB1100. These look really nice!
siyeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:56 AM   #890
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,051
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motardhead View Post
Just placed an order. Can't wait to get the lights. Thanks for the discount code!
Thanks for the order.
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2014, 07:59 AM   #891
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoubleM View Post
Looking for a set of lights with a small amp draw to mount on my BMW 650 Xchallenge. Which set do you recommend?
We sell both Trail Tech. Vision X and MondoMotos LED lights.

Check out our current offerings and see which might work best for you.

MondoMotos

-Brian
Old 02-25-2014, 07:22 PM   #892
GAS GUY
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,565
How many feet do the MM 10 lights reach out to ?
IBA # 23,716
http://gasguysadventures.blogspot.com/
GAS GUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 07:30 PM   #893
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 1,957
I ordered a set of these last Summer. Got 'em, installed on my V-Strom. These things are CRAP. They're nowhere near as good as the Denali lights I got from Twisted Throttle that I run on my DR650. I emailed Mondo about returning them and never got a reply. Not recommended.
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
'01 Yamaha FZ1
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 08:30 AM   #894
headshrink
Adventurer

Oddometer: 20
To be fair, the Mondos are a little over $100 cheaper than the Denalis

They do appear very similar spec-wise, although Mondos are listed at twice the voltage (twice what I thought I remembered actually). I'd be interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison. On paper the Mondos blow the Denalis away, but real world results would be interesting to see. That being said, brighter is not ALWAYS better. For you off-road guys, perhaps it's better, but for the road guys that's not always the case. I'm occasionally flashed by cars who are annoyed with my Mondo's brightness. I have them angled down somewhat, but the beam pattern is wide enough that it still projects quite a bit. These are the only lights I have experience with, so I won't make assumptions about others, but my only complaints (if I where writing a comprehensive review, not just my overall satisfaction), are: 1) the anodizing color fades in sunlight really fast, although if I remember correctly Mondo improved on this in the current version; 2) the included switch is pretty lightweight and I question it's waterproof-ness, but once again this was later addressed by adding the option for an upgraded switch. If these two things have been adequately addressed, the only thing IMO that would make it perfect would be to add a controller to adjust the intensity. I'm also looking forward to the yellow lenses/covers Toad says is being researched.

That's all from my experience/perspective, but if you still have both lights I'd love to see a side-by-side. For MY needs though the Mondos rule.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 12:17 PM   #895
Rob.G
Mostly Harmless

Oddometer: 1,957
And the Denalis I'm talking about are the old ones that I got three years ago. If I had been able to return them like I wanted, I would have happily spent the extra money for the better lights. While the MondoPOSes do help some, they aren't anywhere near as penetrating.
'10 Kawasaki KLX351S #320
'01 Yamaha FZ1
Rob.G is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2014, 01:51 PM   #896
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob.G View Post
And the Denalis I'm talking about are the old ones that I got three years ago. If I had been able to return them like I wanted, I would have happily spent the extra money for the better lights. While the MondoPOSes do help some, they aren't anywhere near as penetrating.
Sorry you're unhappy with our MM10 lights. FWIW we never received an email asking to return. If we had, and the lights were not used a return would be no problem. Obviously once installed, they are used and even then we would have worked out something with you.

Instead of taking your OBVIOUSLY slanted and SINGULAR opinion personal and start slinging arrows of my own, I will defer to the thousands of happy customers that are running the MM10's.
Old 02-26-2014, 02:05 PM   #897
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
To be fair, the Mondos are a little over $100 cheaper than the Denalis

They do appear very similar spec-wise, although Mondos are listed at twice the voltage (twice what I thought I remembered actually). I'd be interested in seeing a side-by-side comparison. On paper the Mondos blow the Denalis away, but real world results would be interesting to see. That being said, brighter is not ALWAYS better. For you off-road guys, perhaps it's better, but for the road guys that's not always the case. I'm occasionally flashed by cars who are annoyed with my Mondo's brightness. I have them angled down somewhat, but the beam pattern is wide enough that it still projects quite a bit. These are the only lights I have experience with, so I won't make assumptions about others, but my only complaints (if I where writing a comprehensive review, not just my overall satisfaction), are: 1) the anodizing color fades in sunlight really fast, although if I remember correctly Mondo improved on this in the current version; 2) the included switch is pretty lightweight and I question it's waterproof-ness, but once again this was later addressed by adding the option for an upgraded switch. If these two things have been adequately addressed, the only thing IMO that would make it perfect would be to add a controller to adjust the intensity. I'm also looking forward to the yellow lenses/covers Toad says is being researched.

That's all from my experience/perspective, but if you still have both lights I'd love to see a side-by-side. For MY needs though the Mondos rule.
Thanks for your input.

Your are correct on all points

- dollar for dollar our MM10 light kit is comparable to any other product out there

- we do work HARD and listen to customers and make revisions and improvements to our products as needed.

MM10's by design are not the brightest lights on the market, no such claim is or ever has been made. They provide extra lighting without the need for a dimmer at an affordable price.

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 02-26-2014, 02:35 PM   #898
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 1,920
Oh CRAP!! You mean these lights won't blow away lights that cost three times as much, I want my money back.

Just Kidding. Still haven't been installed and won't know how bright they actually are until late March when I bring the bike home. Mainly I am looking for something to make more visible. I am going to install LED bulbs in the headlights to see better. If these are bright enough for dark TX HWY's bonus for me.
Old 02-26-2014, 08:56 PM   #899
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,408
I think the reasonable observer would compare headshrink's review and Rob.G's ...comments, and arrive at their own conclusion with no difficulty, especially in light of all the feedback from MM10 owners in this thread. There's been no indication that MondoMotos is or was hard to make contact with.
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2014, 08:39 AM   #900
propforward
PIE! Freakazoid

Oddometer: 10,700
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
TrophyHunter -

Thanks for taking the time to post your feedback about the lights.

I sent you a PM about an option for the electrical disconnects.

We use these on our Pre-wired lights.

Waterproof and easy to connect/disconnect.

Thanks again,
-Brian
Brian, is there any chance you could point me to where to get these, or alternatively sell me some? I *might* need to add in a bit of extra wiring length on my install, so that I can run the cables exactly where I want them, so I would like to have these on hand if necessary.