Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 03-25-2014, 01:44 PM   #976
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
Soooooo... I may have blown a [second] engine on my Ninjette (long story over at that forum), which means I finally have a reasonable excuse to get a new bike. I COULD recycle my old faded Mondo Moto lights, OR I could buy the new version lights. I just need to be able to justify new ones to my wife.

Hey Toad, how is the research on the amber lenses coming? Is there anything your willing to say publically yet? This option would give me enough reason to convince the wife I need to buy another set.
Sorry for the delay getting back with you, its been a busy week so far.

Very close to getting something done on the Amber lens. Should have something by the weekend (time permitting).

thanks,
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2014, 01:46 PM   #977
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarodude View Post
I really like the bracket the light switch is mounted to in the Triumph. Is there any way of getting one Brian?
Quote:
No response! alright whatever!
Dont take it personally... been a bit busy.

Not sure which switch/bracket you are referring to?

We offer the Handlebar mount switch (red one) on our website.

The other switch is a Triumph OEM.

-Brian
Old 03-25-2014, 04:17 PM   #978
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
I should be able to report back on what it takes to use the lights with Triumph OEM harness. Just the Triumph switch does not play well with Brian's harness according to The Motorcycle Shop.
Old 03-26-2014, 05:26 AM   #979
propforward
Known Serial Hugger

Oddometer: 11,863
I believe the Triumph switch is a momentary switch - ie it doesn't latch on its own (so that it shuts off and doesn't turn the fog lights back on when the ignition is turned off and on). It integrates to the bikes harness, and there is a relay that gets added, which I believe latches the switch as well as the lights. The easiest way to use the mondomoto lights with the Triumph set up is to buy a set of connectors from Mondomotos, change the connectors on the fog lamp end of the wiring harness on the OEM Triumph setup, and then plug into the mondomotos lights.

That should work.

Or - just go with the Monodmotos light switch and harness, which will be a lot less expensive than buying the switch, harness, relay and mounting stuff from Triumph.

If you really want to use the OEM Triumph switch stuff, you can get it here:

http://parts.crosscountrycycle.net/a...58013-2-2.html

You will need parts 5,6,7,8, 9,10,11. Total cost 70 to 80 bucks I think, I didn't add it up that carefully.

I'd just stick with the nice switch that comes with Brians kit. His kit is really well thought out.

propforward screwed with this post 03-26-2014 at 07:07 AM
propforward is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:21 AM   #980
Camarodude
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 219
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Dont take it personally... been a bit busy.

Not sure which switch/bracket you are referring to?

We offer the Handlebar mount switch (red one) on our website.

The other switch is a Triumph OEM.

-Brian

Sorry Brian, I was being a little impatient.

I was inquiring about the the grey switch, which sounds like the it's the Triumph OEM switch. It looked cool. I'm staying with what I have, at least for now. Maybe down the road I'll look for something different.

Thanks for your help Brian, Drunk Uncle, and Propforward
Camarodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2014, 08:58 AM   #981
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Sorry Brian, I was being a little impatient.

I was inquiring about the the grey switch, which sounds like the it's the Triumph OEM switch. It looked cool. I'm staying with what I have, at least for now. Maybe down the road I'll look for something different.

Thanks for your help Brian, Drunk Uncle, and Propforward
NP. I try to get here at least once a day. Occasionally I get bogged down with other things.

Thanks to Drunk Uncle and Propforward for the input

-Brian
Old 03-26-2014, 09:15 AM   #982
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

New Light - Going... going.....

Want a High Powered, Long Range LED Spot Light??

We have/had an opportunity to test out a new product a month or so back. A high powered, long range spot light. With the long winter never ending and a busy schedule, I admittedly haven’t had an ample amount of time properly test/fit and demo these lights. With riding/touring season drawing near, my schedule is showing no signs of changing so we are blowing out the lot of them.

What testing has been done has revealed the following:

- I did get out one night and found that they easily project more than 500 feet (some say more than 1000 feet, I do however doubt that and it is NOT my claim)
- The INCLUDED Amber cover converts the lights to a Flood
- Mounting them on a Motorbike could present an issue using the OEM supplied brackets.

We have a small quantity of brackets from another light on hand that work well and make it possible to attach the light to most light bars or engine guard brackets (Warn, PIAA). These Stainless Steel brackets will be included with the light kit. So you will get both sets of brackets to work with when mounting.

Dubbed the LR25 (Long Range – 25 Watts) the kit is are available via our website for $239USD (shipping extra) while they last.
Whats included:
2 – LR25 lights
2 Amber Flood light covers
2 different sets of mounting hardware
Wiring Harness (40A Automotive Relay, 40A ATC fuse, Switch)

The light kit will work on either your Motorcycle (with our included brackets) or Truck, Jeep, SUV, Tank, Bull Dozer (with original bracket).

I havent had time to test these with the Skene Controller, but on paper, they should work well together.

ADV10 Discount will take the price down to $215.10 and we only have a small quantity of these available and its first come, first served on these ones

Ordering, specs and a few pics can be seen on our website by clicking the link below:

High Powered Long Range Lights

Get’em while you can!

thanks,
-Brian
Old 03-26-2014, 10:41 AM   #983
headshrink
Adventurer

Oddometer: 30
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Sorry for the delay getting back with you, its been a busy week so far.

Very close to getting something done on the Amber lens. Should have something by the weekend (time permitting).

thanks,
-Brian
Awesome, thanks for the heads-up.
Do you anticipate this being a lens we can switch-out with the regular one between rides, or a permanently fixed amber lens? Again, if you're able to disclose publicly. It's cool if you want to keep your cards close to your chest during R&D.
headshrink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:31 AM   #984
984gasm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Ignition vs. switch

First off, I just ordered a set of the MM10s, and can't wait to get them installed. I have a quick question regarding installing them to be hard wired in w/ the ignition/lights vs. using a switch. Is it easy later on to put a switch on if I decide I want that option, or is that counter productive? I am pretty positive that having them on all the time is fine, just wondering. Thanks.
984gasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2014, 07:45 AM   #985
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 984gasm View Post
First off, I just ordered a set of the MM10s, and can't wait to get them installed. I have a quick question regarding installing them to be hard wired in w/ the ignition/lights vs. using a switch. Is it easy later on to put a switch on if I decide I want that option, or is that counter productive? I am pretty positive that having them on all the time is fine, just wondering. Thanks.
Thanks for the order.

Our "no switch" option replaces the switch with a jumper plug. Everything else is the same and the plug can be swapped out for either of our switches at any time. Plug-n-Play.

thanks,
-Brian
Old 03-27-2014, 07:50 AM   #986
984gasm
Adventurer

Awesome, thanks for the quick response. I'll definitely post pics when I get them installed. Going on my Tiger 800xc.
Old 03-31-2014, 03:19 PM   #987
hizzo3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Hmm the LR25's look like a possible retrofit for a high beam on a DS with a separate beam system. I wonder if 10° is too narrow, and if so if a mixed optic lens could be used. Then again at 25 watts, I might just run low with the high :)

Sent by my NSA monitored Verizon Galaxy Nexus.
hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2014, 07:40 AM   #988
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by hizzo3 View Post
Hmm the LR25's look like a possible retrofit for a high beam on a DS with a separate beam system. I wonder if 10° is too narrow, and if so if a mixed optic lens could be used. Then again at 25 watts, I might just run low with the high :)

I have thought about putting together a pair of the long range lights to replace the headlight on the DRZ. Mounted side by side the end result would look similar to the Buell XB headlight mod.

But with more bang for the buck.

Would require some time..... as of the moment I dont have much of that to spare.

on a side note - the Long Range lights are now officially gone. I have a couple sets on hand for personal use/testing. You can PM me if you want a set, I may be convinced to sell a set if I dont use them

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 04-01-2014, 10:19 AM   #989
hizzo3
Adventurer

Oddometer: 90
Jwspeaker has some nice looking 90 mm led low beam retros running around 10 watts. I just haven't decided what I want for highs.

hizzo3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2014, 11:32 AM   #990
984gasm
Adventurer

Installation Instructions

I see on the site there are instructions online. Can someone point them to me? Thanks.