Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 04-04-2014, 09:09 AM   #991
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,122
Quote:
Originally Posted by 984gasm View Post
I see on the site there are instructions online. Can someone point them to me? Thanks.
Sorry I missed your post -

Instructions can be found on our website or by clicking HERE

-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2014, 09:16 AM   #992
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Talking and now for something completely different

This may get long winded - apologies in advance -

I imagine that for the last couple of weeks, some or many of you have read about the ridiculous melodrama surrounding one vendors claims that other vendors are knowingly or unknowingly offering “pirated” versions of a “patent-pending” product. While I cannot speak directly for other vendors, I can say that we – MondoMotos, were not aware of any potential issues at the time we decided to test/review the product. We received the sample of light kits and they sat for weeks while I tried to make time to test them out. When I first opened the box, it became overwhelmingly apparent that these were NOT well suited for Motorbikes. The massive mounting bracket being the main issue. Fast forward a couple more weeks and I stumbled across a small batch of brackets from other lights we had stocked at one time. By chance they just happened to fit the larger light, making it possible to mount the light on an engine guard bracket.

It became apparent to me that with the time required to properly test this light and the issue with the supplied hardware not being well suited for bikes, I made the decision to unload the small stock we had. In short, this just wasn’t a good fit for MondoMotos. By coincidence or fate, I became aware of the possible issue surrounding the product at nearly the same time. As the decision was already made that we wouldn’t be stocking these lights, all the drama was a “non-issue” for us.

When we first starting offering up LED lighting products in 2011, the decision was made to give riders an alternative to what was already available. Most of you know that Sanjoh and ADVMonster were here late in 2010 or “first” (so to speak) and respecting his business model and product(s), we made real efforts to offer and moreover, develop products of our own. In that time we crimped, soldered, shaped, researched, tested and listened to feedback. When we got it “right” with the MM10 Light kit, we worked closely with a supplier to produce these light kits. In other words, we do not simply “flip” products or ride on the coat tails of others in an effort to make a buck.

I have been a member of the ADV community since 2007 (4 years prior to putting out our shingle in the vendors thread) and have always enjoyed being a part of it. During that time I have met and/or become familiar with many members either virtually or while taking part in Rallies and events and value these relationships very much.

Anyone that knows me, knows that I am a “talker”, in other words I usually got a lot to say and a definite opion on most subjects. That said, it has not been easy to sit back and watch the bull$h*t fly – I see no point in misleading people with mistruths or outright lies about our products or those of other vendors - or in short "Bashing" for the sake of it.

“Playing fair” – may not be the most business savvy idea, but it is what we do.

We are a small operation and do all we can to “keep it real” and bring the best, most cost effective products to market – Thanks to all our customers and the friends we have made here over the years.
Look for new offerings over the next few months.

Now – lets get on with the business of riding!
That is why we are here. Isnt it?

Thanks
-Brian
Old 04-05-2014, 12:51 PM   #993
984gasm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Installation

Ok, so I'm in the process of installing the MM10s and got as far as step 6. I did not order the switch, as I wanted to run the lights when the bike is on at all times. That being said, I have the red wire which I assume goes to the switch (that I don't have). Where do I now run that wire, is it "quick spliced" into one of the headlight wires (low/high beam)?
984gasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 03:54 PM   #994
TriumphJon
Girlie Rider

Oddometer: 15
Thumb Big shout out and THANKS! to Kris and MondoMotos!

Just a note to say Thank You to Kris and the MondoMoto crew for helping a fella out! I had an unfortunate low-side thanks to some black ice on a cold Ohio morning and damaged one of my MM10's and mount on my Tiger 955. I contacted MondoMotos and explained my situation. Kris got me sorted with a new light and mounts for a great price and delivered to my door in a matter of days. You can't beat that kind of service. Thanks for all the help! You guys rock!

Jon
2005 Triumph Tiger 955i
2008 Triumph Bonneville T100
TriumphJon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2014, 04:47 PM   #995
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
I picked up my new Tiger Thursday and love the lights. These are pretty awesome. Unfortunately I won't be able to ride in the dark until October.

Old 04-07-2014, 07:28 AM   #996
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by 984gasm View Post
Ok, so I'm in the process of installing the MM10s and got as far as step 6. I did not order the switch, as I wanted to run the lights when the bike is on at all times. That being said, I have the red wire which I assume goes to the switch (that I don't have). Where do I now run that wire, is it "quick spliced" into one of the headlight wires (low/high beam)?
Good to talk to you, hope I was able to answer your question over the weekend and you are now squared away.

Thanks
-Brian
Old 04-07-2014, 07:32 AM   #997
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by TriumphJon View Post
Just a note to say Thank You to Kris and the MondoMoto crew for helping a fella out! I had an unfortunate low-side thanks to some black ice on a cold Ohio morning and damaged one of my MM10's and mount on my Tiger 955. I contacted MondoMotos and explained my situation. Kris got me sorted with a new light and mounts for a great price and delivered to my door in a matter of days. You can't beat that kind of service. Thanks for all the help! You guys rock!
Thanks for giving the opportunity to get you back up and running and for taking the time to post feedback.

-Brian
Old 04-07-2014, 08:37 AM   #998
984gasm
Adventurer

Oddometer: 35
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Toad View Post
Good to talk to you, hope I was able to answer your question over the weekend and you are now squared away.

Thanks
-Brian
Yes, thank you for calling me on a saturday evening. Unfortunately, I am not even close to good enough w/ electrical wiring to figure out which exact wire to tap in to (nor do I want to mess anything up in my electrical system), so I'm leaving it up to a friend of mine to finish that one last piece for me in the next week or so. I have the lights mounted, and the wires run under the tank, so the hard part is done...

I'll definitely post pics when everything is running.
984gasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 10:59 AM   #999
Drunk_Uncle
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,059
After getting my bike and seeing how bright these things are I don't know if I would want to leave them on all the time like the Denalli D1s from Twisted Throttle. These seem A LOT brighter.
Old 04-09-2014, 02:00 PM   #1000
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Finally got mine installed after getting them for Christmas on the 990. Thanks for getting the replacement parts out so quick Kris!!!!! Do you have any advice on aiming them? If I could figure out how to post pictures on this website I would be happy to post them. I used the SW motech light mount for the 990. I made one but the aluminum I made my mount out of was a little bit flimsy. I ran the wires from the hot post on the right side and wrapped the wires with some spiral wrap to protect them and ran them up the trellis frame.
Old 04-10-2014, 09:32 AM   #1001
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by brooks View Post
Finally got mine installed after getting them for Christmas on the 990. Thanks for getting the replacement parts out so quick Kris!!!!! Do you have any advice on aiming them? If I could figure out how to post pictures on this website I would be happy to post them. I used the SW motech light mount for the 990. I made one but the aluminum I made my mount out of was a little bit flimsy. I ran the wires from the hot post on the right side and wrapped the wires with some spiral wrap to protect them and ran them up the trellis frame.
Brooks,

I personally prefer to get the light on the road in the dark and get the attention of cagers in the daytime. Best solution for that is to mount them as low as possible (for triangle pattern (day) and puts the light on the road (night). But if mounted higher up they can be slightly tilted down. If mounted parallel with headlight and helps to fill in dark spots.

-Brian
Old 04-10-2014, 05:19 PM   #1002
brooks
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 292
Kris,
Thanks!!! I will post pics of my install and finished product if I could figure out how to post on here.
Old 04-15-2014, 12:06 PM   #1003
gleyfman
Adventurer

Oddometer: 46
MM10 installed on F800GS

Hi all,

Got mine installed few weeks ago and finally got time to post.
I love the lights, they are bright and look very nice. Certainly a good quality product.
Now to install - I took the most difficult route:
Lights + Skene controller + 3 position switch. This is a lot of wiring!!!
Took me most of the day, but I was pretty thorough, soldering most connections e.t.c
I also decided to mount these on my SW Motech bars, but took a different route - I installed these on the inside of the bar, attaching to existing bolt mount, connecting left and right sides. I had to use an L-Braket to get the right angle, I just found some in my garage, leftover from some furniture piece and painted it black.

gleyfman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2014, 08:09 PM   #1004
Cat0020
El cheapo

Oddometer: 5,355
A bit close to those headers...
Old 04-17-2014, 07:19 AM   #1005
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by gleyfman View Post
Hi all,

Got mine installed few weeks ago and finally got time to post.
I love the lights, they are bright and look very nice. Certainly a good quality product.
Now to install - I took the most difficult route:
Lights + Skene controller + 3 position switch. This is a lot of wiring!!!
Took me most of the day, but I was pretty thorough, soldering most connections e.t.c
I also decided to mount these on my SW Motech bars, but took a different route - I installed these on the inside of the bar, attaching to existing bolt mount, connecting left and right sides. I had to use an L-Braket to get the right angle, I just found some in my garage, leftover from some furniture piece and painted it black.

Thanks for taking the time to post up pics

Install looks good - If I am seeing correctly the electrical tape?? on the cross bar may not hold up well to heat and weather however - but maybe im not seeing it correctly.

thanks,
-Brian