User Name
Password
Register Inmates Photos Site Rules Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 05-05-2014, 11:41 AM   #1036
WildMonkey
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 113
Just Ordered Mine !

I try to always help someone if I can ! Now the packing is a little easier for the move !!!

Steve.
2006 DR 650 "Flying Bananna"
WildMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:37 PM   #1037
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Oddometer: 1,129
Quote:
Originally Posted by gleyfman View Post
Actually, it is a good question.
I have done install and it's all works fine for me, but I was pretty confused by diagram posted on your website and ended up using this instead:
http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/IQ_175_Wiring.html
Since you now offering IQ 175 with MM10s, I would suggest to change your instructions accordingly and make sure you have wiring diagram for
MM10s + IQ 175 and
MM10s + IQ 175 + optional switch on your website…

Cheers!
Thanks for posting up the link.

I am in the process of updating the wiring diagrams. Been way too busy getting ready for our move. Should have new diagrams up in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
-Brian
The Toad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2014, 05:50 PM   #1038
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by headshrink View Post
I just ordered my second MM10 set, & the new dimmer. I'm very excited about the added functionality of the dimmer.

I'd recommend editing the description of the IQ-175. I know it's copied from the manufacturer's site, but it isn't immediately clear that the 'Alert feature' is only on the IQ0175A, and not the IQ-175 offered.

Brian, would you recommend that I add an additional UV treatment to the lights?

(Wishing you a smooth, and speedy move.)

I am doing a very non-scientific test on a set of lights. Basically trying to determine if the bronzing issue is the result of UV or not. I have a set on the Versys that have bronzed a little, so I chose them. Basically I just put a thin band of duct tape around the body of the light. It may be a month or so before I remove it to see if the Arizona sun has any further effect. On the same note; the pair on my DRZ have had the most exposure to sun,rain,mud etc and show no signs on bronzing after nearly 2 years. I suspect that the lights effected most probably have what is refereed to as a "poor seal" (seal coat/UV treatment). Our supplier insists that they are using the proper metallic based dyes (organic are no good in this case) and that the V2 lights have/are given a second treatment.

Thanks for the repeat business

-Brian
Old 05-05-2014, 06:02 PM   #1039
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by WildMonkey View Post
I try to always help someone if I can ! Now the packing is a little easier for the move !!!

Steve.
Thanks Steve.

If your adding the lights to the Uly, I might suggest mounting them to the fender (lower or upper bolt).

It requires a longer 6M bolt and a spacer/lock washer. Not too hard to find if you have a decent hardware store nearby. If not, we have a hardware kit that has the necessary pieces - Its become pretty apparent that most bikes use a 6M (some 1/4) thread in this location and we will soon be updating the Vesrys and Tiger 800 kits as "universal".

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 05-07-2014, 07:46 PM   #1040
headshrink
Adventurer

Oddometer: 31
Quote:
I have done install and it's all works fine for me, but I was pretty confused by diagram posted on your website and ended up using this instead:
http://www.lights.skenedesign.com/IQ_175_Wiring.html
I just received the new MM10 & IQ-175 controller, and MOSTLY understand the wiring, but have a couple clarifying questions. I'll try to be as clear and concise as I can, and hopefully this will also help others who want to add the controller.

Desired setup and functions:

Function 1) Controller will be programed to switch the M10s between full and partial intensity, triggered by my high beams. Basically "Day Mode" = high beams with MM10s at full intensity, and "Night Mode" = low beam with MM10s at partial intensity. MM10s are intended to be on day and night.

Function 2)
Original switch that came with MM10s will be used as a "master" on/off switch, so that I can disable the MM10s if I want to.

Setup 1) As much of original MM10 wiring harness as possible will be used, allowing the MM10s to continue using originally installed weather-proof connectors, and allowing the IQ-175 to be housed under my seat.

Setup 2) Switched +12V power will be supplied from my Eastern Beaver power center (should arrive in a couple days).

Questions:
Q1) The MM10 wiring harness is setup like a 'Y', or 2-into-1. Assuming I cut the relay off the harness, would I be wiring the controller to the lights as if I only had one light (both blue wires connected to the single black neg. wire from the end of the harness)? I would think so, but don't want to screw anything up if I'm wrong.

Q2) The original MM10 illuminated switch has 3 wires. The original MM10 wiring scheme is to connect that third wire (red) to power. However, now that we're using the IQ-175 controller we've established that the yellow controller wire goes to the switch, which terminates to ground. Does that 3rd wire still need to go to power, or is it skipped when installed with the IQ-175? I would like the LED indicator on the switch to remain functioning, and am not certain if this is the sole purpose of the 3rd wire, or if it serves another purpose.
Old 05-09-2014, 09:23 AM   #1041
baldbeemer
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Oddometer: 65
Newly mounted MM10

Just got the MM10's mounted on my 14' R1200RT. They mounted using the BMW factory option brackets.

baldbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 10:51 AM   #1042
dmac57
Beastly Adventurer

Oddometer: 2,685
Looks good; how's 'bout pix of them off, in the daylight?
dmac57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 11:08 AM   #1043
baldbeemer
BALD IS BEAUTIFUL

Oddometer: 65
Quote:
Originally Posted by dmac57 View Post
Looks good; how's 'bout pix of them off, in the daylight?

Best I have right now....
baldbeemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #1044
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

Quote:
Originally Posted by baldbeemer View Post

Best I have right now....
Thanks for posting up the pics.

-Brian
Old 05-09-2014, 07:12 PM   #1045
The Toad OP
Let There Be Light

moving aint fun

Hello once again ADV'rs

Its been a crazy week getting ready for our move and next week we will be on the road. So please bear with any delays in responding to PM's.

I will do the best I can to check my messages here and reply to board posts.

In the meantime - The best way to get ahold of us between now and May 19 is email.

info@mondomotos.com

Thanks,
-Brian
Old 05-13-2014, 12:24 PM   #1046
rbsride365
Hi-Viz

Oddometer: 372
Bronzing

I've been looking at a set of these since seeing them a week or so ago at an ADV rally in Romney WV. After reading your posts I'm and seeing the pictures I'm going to assume that the lights are anodized black? If so I've found anodizing to be finicky. Not sure the cause but I have a few sets of high end mountain bike brakes that are anodized black. Some hold their color indefinitely and some don't. Different pieces of the same brake even. Must be something inherent in the process. It seems common that anodized parts fade with UV exposure and black does turn brown usually from what I've seen. Not sure what makes some parts seem to hold color indefinitely and others change seemingly in front of your eyes. There may be nothing you can do to assure that absolutely none of your lights have this problem. Any chemists here?
Old 05-13-2014, 12:56 PM   #1047
XFanMan
Gnarly Adventurer

Oddometer: 329
Brian, are you guys at the shop this week if I want to come over and buy a set of lights?

If you have time let me know, I'm sure you're busy...thanks...Scott

(emailed also)
Old 05-15-2014, 12:37 PM   #1048
KeetAK
Use a bigger hammer

Oddometer: 13
Quote:
Originally Posted by rbsride365 View Post
I've been looking at a set of these since seeing them a week or so ago at an ADV rally in Romney WV. After reading your posts I'm and seeing the pictures I'm going to assume that the lights are anodized black? If so I've found anodizing to be finicky. Not sure the cause but I have a few sets of high end mountain bike brakes that are anodized black. Some hold their color indefinitely and some don't. Different pieces of the same brake even. Must be something inherent in the process. It seems common that anodized parts fade with UV exposure and black does turn brown usually from what I've seen. Not sure what makes some parts seem to hold color indefinitely and others change seemingly in front of your eyes. There may be nothing you can do to assure that absolutely none of your lights have this problem. Any chemists here?
I've been reading about color changes on people's lights and mine have definitely changed to a somewhat copper color. I don't care about the fading color, just concern over reliability of the lights. So far, no issues, but they've only been on the bike about a month (~500 miles).

Pic from 2 weeks ago:
KeetAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2014, 07:47 PM   #1049
Scott Davis
Which way did they go?

Oddometer: 665
I just ordered a set of MM10's for my Transalp. Looking forward to trying them out.
Scott Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2014, 05:51 AM   #1050
Flyboy52219
Adventurer

Oddometer: 63
Just catching up on this thread. Winter project was buying the triumph OEM switch. Just spliced in the connectors and they worked great. Also, my lights have faded to a brownish tinge. Doesn't bother me as the lights are awesome.